Nicotine No Longer Available?!?

Yes but not 500ml …well actually I dont think so…I used a titration kit back in 2016 but havent since

VG is a better carrier for salts ( better for FB also ) …You will see places like Nude Nic have PG options but in their better quality its VG or 50/50

5 Likes

I had always read PG was better for storage. So how do you mean VG is a better carrier? I’d never read that on Nude Nic’s site, which is where I always got my nic until just recently when I switched to River Supply.

4 Likes

Well i have to dig …I have pretty good relationships with a few vendors so I have heard from them as well …Yiu can call Carolina and Nude and ask exactly why it is that they use VG as the carrier for salts…Im not gonna research it , its something I have been told over the years and its stuck with me. PG is better for mixers bc its easier to shake and avoid hot spots that’s is the biggest reason it is preferred. im sure someone will come and say something about Ratios but that’s bullshit…

Note Nude does use PG as a carrier in their Salts but I believe their higher quality is VG based

I also think most people think PG is a better carrier is bc it’s associated with our flavors and it is a better carrier for flavors so it must be for Nicotine as well

3 Likes

I could’ve sworn when I last spoke w/ someone from Nude (Ben?) that he had told me PG was better for storage.

I hadn’t realized they had different quality nic. I’m familiar w/ Nude’s different methods of bottling (Armor v1-3) and they also had the FIFO thing. There’s not much you can look up on their site now. It’s all but gone. Freaking PACT Act. :angry:

4 Likes

Fifo is just first in first out …I beleive it is where they are freezing their supply instaed of doing everything upon order…Then they Have their Nude Armor , Custom Blends , Classic and Signature …From there they have Pharma and Chroma which inhave nonidea whats what I only imagine that these are different Nicotine grades …I know the Chroma is only VG based in Salts then the Pharma is 100 pct Vg , 70/30 vg pg then 50/50 …I eemailed Carolina and asked why they choose to only use VG in Salts hopefully i get a reply …Ill call Ash or Bobby at liquid barn …

The one fact I know is that everyone has differences of opinions , Carolina say NOT to freeze nicotine everyone else says to freeze it but at different temps for long term storage …

Based on what I have been told PG is more convenient less viscous so not a long wait if you freeze compared to VG and you can shake it real quick and easy to make sure there are no hot spots…Regardless i prefer PG and always try to get 50/50 with salts if I can’t get 100pct pg

4 Likes

I think the typical thoughts are twofold on PG. It’s much thinner, and air won’t be trapped in it as easily, and PG has a longer shelf life than VG.

4 Likes

Right, that’s why I’d want pg, longer shelf life, won’t turn stinky but in a freezer idk if it matters.

Wish I had done 8oz instead of 16, but it’s long term storage amd figure I’ll get some 8 and 4 when I get into it. 16 does for better for my freezer and was cheap to get a dozen 16 vs 2 or more dozen smaller bottles. Also wish I had done clear bottles, in a dark freezer, or my cupboards it wouldn’t matter except I could see at a glance when a liquid has gotten darker

4 Likes

Great points @Ericsgreen as your personal style, and methods will dictate the BEST size bottles for both storage, and working bottles, and how much transfer time is required when going from one to another. I knew one mixer, who ONLY bought 60ml bottles, for all of his NIC. He did indeed have a CRAPLOAD in the freezer, but his mindset was, he’d never have to break down a “biggie” into working bottles.

3 Likes

This is why a person should rebottle or at least open their Nic and look

Just got it today …It is Salts both bottles are like this

@SessionDrummer this even happen with them in the past …All my ither Nic from them is Clear like water …I think the FB has a little darker tint than water but nothing Alarming

4 Likes

I can’t vape Salts, so don’t burn through it as fast, but the most recent Nude Salts (DUH 100% VG Fail) looks about the same. The salts I had previously received from LNW had more of a lemon yellow color, and less of the honey color you’ve got. I know that depending on what they salt the NIC with will change the color depending on what they use.

3 Likes

FB may oxidize faster than Salts, but I just love opening a new bottle out of the freezer, and it’s as clean, clear, and odorless as when I put it in. Salts still mystify me a bit, especially the color.

3 Likes

Ya LNW was yellow as well but its 250mg and normal…I have a couple liters of this same stuff in freezer and its clear …i emailed and called we shall see

3 Likes

Let me know @fidalgo_vapes. I honestly don’t know WTF I’m going to do with a liter of 100% VG 100mg NIC. Granted it’s sitting at -30F, but wow, even at room temp it’s going to be a bear, and having to thaw it all the way, JUST to be able to shake and use, has me kicking myself.

3 Likes

Salts should be Clear to Yellow and shouldnt be affected as bad as FB when it comes to heat etc…

3 Likes

Ya i have FB 250mg 500ml VG I accidentally ordered awhile back …It will sit to be used last or shipped to someone in need…Im really bummed about this discoloration especially since the other stuff they have sent was clear…

There wasnt even the seals under the cap on these 2 bottles :cry:

3 Likes

I was pretty sure there were a FEW acids they could use to salt, and each had a characteristic color. Obviously gassing will impact color as well.

A nicotine base and a weak acid such as benzoic acid or levulinic acid is used to form a nicotine salt.[1] Benzoic acid is the most used acid to create a nicotine salt.[5] Nicotine pyruvate is another form of nicotine salt.[6] A chemical reaction with a pyruvic acid is used to aerosolize nicotine.[7]

Some NicSalts producers are solving this by reconstituting distilled nicotine with Benzoic Acid or Citric Acid to rebalance the Ph. Whether stripping out and replacing the acid components of NicSalts actually delivers a better, safer vape experience generates divided opinions.

2 Likes

Ya i actually have a pic somewhere that shows the different acids fir salts ill find it .

3 Likes

OK, just so I’m clear (forums, posting, and all that shit), you received clear Salts from NN before, completely different than what you just posted ? Same exact carrier base and strength ?

3 Likes

Yes…i have 2 16oz bottles and 4 8oz bottles all NN all salts all 50/50 same everything …I even have a liter of the Smooth dalts which is still clear

Lol the cardboard is being replaced by acrylic

4 Likes

Usually I order the 10% 100mg nicotine solution from LB…

2 Likes