Nicotine River (River Supply Company) Concentrates - Tasting Notes

I did the exact same thing with my BCF order! I checked it 3x, and i still managed to forget the one flavor I’d already forgotten in my last flavor order. lmao. They ship QUICK… I just got my order today, they shipped within 24 hours, and its a good 40 individual items, so that was pretty impressive. I was thrilled with my BCF goodies.

So silly, but someone posted in Tips and Tricks thread, and I just had to try it… BCF bottles for 10 ml and 1 oz have these black lids with the ‘milk jug seal’ thing on it so they don’t leak, right? The ‘milk ring’ on these are really heavy duty plastic. I remember someone saying in tips tricks that they use those rings as ‘atty stands’ for all their RTA and RDAs that they don’t have stands for, to keep them sitting upright and not rolling around on the 510 pin. lmao Totally works! I’ve got lovely lil line of RTAs and RDAs all sitting properly upright in a line on my shelves, now. :wink: They don’t look half bad, either. That’s my kinda repurposing.

7 Likes

Love it! I use lug nuts, lol.

7 Likes

oh heck… lug nuts are flipping brilliant! My roommate’s a welder… we’ve got lugnuts and hardware this and thats coming out of our ears. I’ll totally give that a whirl.

6 Likes

Er, I’m jealous! Yea, just a bit more sturdier than milk rings :wink:

4 Likes

Just a quick peek and I see that Carolina Xtracts are a couple dollars less than Nic Giant and one state closer to me. Hmm, I can buy a small amount to tie me over. I only use 3mg anyway. Oh, and have you read their info on nic storage? Everything opposite of what most of us do…here’s a sound bite and the page link.

Should I store Nicotine Products in the freezer?

No, Absolutely not. There are two components in 100MG/ML nicotine, either nicotine and vegetable glycerin, or nicotine and propylene glycol. Although most freezer units keep temperatures around zero degrees Fharenheit some will fluctuate downward by three to five degrees, and upward by two to three degrees. While propylene glycol is not readily affected by this temperature range, both Nicotine and Vegetable Glycerin are. Damage occurs to100mg/ml nicotine products when oxides form during near-freeze/thaw cycles. So while the ice inside stays “ice,” outside temperatures, thermostat performance and the number of times the freezer door is opened will affect 100MG/ML nicotine in this sensitive temperature range. Typical refrigeration temperatures, or even room temperatures are a much safer storage range than 27-33F because they are well away from freeze/thaw potential.

5 Likes

This one certainly got away from us. Perhaps other thoughts and suggestions would be better found here : Where do you buy your NIC from? or similar thread.

4 Likes

Get the Carolinaxtract, best nic I have ever tried. Google for a coupon code too, cant recall off hand what it was but something like 6%, every little bit helps.

7 Likes

Hmm, another thing, if I read correctly. Carolina X doesn’t list shipping restrictions on 100mg/1ml concentrations…Most common carriers and nothing said about ground shipping only.

3 Likes

Thx, mjag. Will do. I’ve always known of their good reputation but I was blown away by what I’ve been reading on their website.

4 Likes

Thx for the link @worm1

3 Likes

Thanks for posting that article on nic storage too. I had a bottle of Carolinaxtract 120ml in PG base in the freezer for 2 years or so, was as fresh as the day it was new when I started using it. I stoked up when the prices were lower, I think about $16 for 120ml. Now the prices are too high, don’t notice much of a difference now that I am down to 1.5mg. When I was at 3mg I could tell, just clean but you got that nic hit.

I have to say that NicRiv salt nic is pretty good, probably going to be what I stick with and will order more in the winter, for freebase though, Carolinaxtract is hard to beat for quality.

5 Likes

Agree. I like NicRiv myself but I’ll have to wait till the weather cools down.

6 Likes

I just went on NR to get some conc since on sale WOW did they cut back on some good flavors lots that i like are gone now what a shame especialy the hangsen nothing there now some of my favorites i guess i will have to finish up at Bull City

5 Likes

^^^^^^ That would be my vote :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Paradiso…

Percentage Used: 7%

Equipment Used: Troll RDA with a wickless single SS .8 ohm Clapton coil at 20W.

PG/VG: 30/70

Steep Time: 2 Weeks

Aroma: Fruit? Vanilla cake? Cream.

Flavor Description: This is a light and bright dessert, although very sweet it’s not rich and heavy. On the inhale I’m getting a delicate juicy fruit, I think it’s mango or something similar. Following that is a fluffy moist vanilla cake. It has a nice creamy note, almost like a whipped cream topping, it’s not dense or heavy. There is a noticeable toasted back note similar to toasted marshmallow, which provides a great lightly baked affect to the cake.

Off Flavors: Mango, lack of coconut.

Throat Hit: 5/10 I do get a moderate throat hit on this one

Pairings: Tropical fruits, papaya, guava, banana, apple, nectarines, coconut. Cookies, cakes, creams, custards, lighter creamy nuts like almonds, tobaccos.

Notes: So I’m a little confused by this one. It’s a very nice flavor, but I’m not tasting any coconut, or a macaroon. This is the description from the website:

“This flavor is for those who enjoy extreme Coconut concentrations.
For Coconut lovers out there this will be one of your favorites! This Coconut macaroon type dessert/cookie is synonymous with paradise. Try it with other desserts or alone for an all day delight!”

What I get from this is a delicious white layer cake with a sweet mango filling that is frosted with fluffy whipped topping. With a unique toasted note.

8 Likes

Strawberry Biscuit…

Percentage Used: 9%

Aroma: Strawberry candy, baked shortcake biscuit.

Flavor Description: First thing that hits me is a sweet slightly artificial strawberry on the inhale, and on the exhale it mellows into that slightly cooked flavor like you get with a jar of strawberry preserves. It lingers a bit on the tongue, and has a very sweet juicy aroma. In the back you can taste a little bit of one of those fluffy baking soda style home baked biscuits. This is NOT a cookie style biscuit. Then it’s drizzled with just a touch of sweet cream salted butter. The flavor is definitely strawberry dominate, and the biscuit is amazingly authentic, although I’d like a bit more of it. This has a nice body and mouth feel to it, definitely not flat tasting.

Off Flavors: Slightly artificial strawberry?

Throat Hit: 3/10

Pairings: Kiwi, banana, other berries. whipped cream, butter, butter cream, cakes, custards, frosting, milk/dairy.

Notes: I get a lot of strawberry accented with a very small amount of biscuit, and I’d rather have it the other way. I want the full sized biscuit accented with the strawberry. But even through the strong strawberry, the first thing I think of when vaping it is a hot, fresh baked strawberry scone. I’m going to add a bit of Purilum Butter Cream to bring that forward more, and maybe try just a drop of AP to try to bring out the biscuit. I actually think it’s a bit strong for me at 9% as well, even though other users have said they like it up to 12%. I’m going to go down to 5-6% as a single flavor and see if it balances out a little better.

9 Likes

Kigola…

Percentage Used: 8%

Aroma: Ripe strawberries, kiwi. Sweetness, tanginess.

Flavor Description: This starts with fresh naturally sweetened ripe strawberry, I’m not getting any artificial or candy tones from this one. About mid inhale the kiwi comes out to play, slightly tangy and juicy. The kiwi is also very natural flavored as well, and continues through the exhale while lingering on the tongue. This is very well balanced and both play well together. It’s got a very nice body to it with great vapor production. It’s naturally sweet like fresh fruit should be, not overdone at all.

Off Flavors: None

Pairings: Any fruit for a fruit salad or mixed fruit, watermelon, coconut, creams, custards, fruit juices and cocktails, fruit smoothies, tropical blends, koolada, sour.

Notes: This is a very refreshing and natural fruit blend. Very simple but a great single flavor at 8%. I’d probably use 6-9% for a single flavor and 2-4% in a mix.”

9 Likes

Cream Dream…

Percentage Used: 6%

Aroma: Strawberries, peaches, cream.

Flavor Description: Medium strength play doh with very light back notes of strawberry and faint peach. It seems like it’s dry as well, I’m certainly not getting any dreamy cream. The play doh is overwhelming and is really getting in my way of even describing the nuances. The only time I have ever gotten that play doh is with doughnut flavorings. So I’m assuming some is in there for body and/or sweetness? Or it could be way too much AP? I’ve never used so much AP that I’ve gotten the doh taste so I’m not sure if that is a possibility? I could smell slight play doh when scenting the concentrate itself, but it disappeared with the steep. Please add some input in the comments on this one if you’ve tried it, especially from those that have either bad or good experiences with doughnut flavors.

Off Flavors: Play Doh

Pairings: Creams? Juicy fruits? I’m a little lost on this one, I’m sorry.

Notes: If you are sensitive to doughnut flavoring like I am, this is one you’ll want to avoid. I’m not going to try any lower percentages as I know I will just get the same thing, just maybe weaker.”

9 Likes

It’s great to have you around and posting again!

Great notes as always!

Dialing back definitely helped balance things for me. It will be interesting to see how it works out for you! I would also suggest adjusting the power/temp settings (if you haven’t already), as that frequently comes into play in my experience. :wink: (Just a reminder of something I’m sure you already know!)

7 Likes

Spot on @MysticRose, especially the dreamy cream dream. Thank you for your notes.

7 Likes