Nicotine River (River Supply Company) Concentrates - Tasting Notes

ya u will need them styro coolers like they ship meat an fish in an some dry ice for a long haul that there is pricey…u could use feeze packs for like a 2 day journey

4 Likes

Exactly, the disposable styro coolers. Shipping that way is NOT CHEAP.

I live in Phoenix, so we’re talking a good 110 degrees F or more, at least 8 mos out of the year. I get some medications shipped to me that have to be cold, and they use the disposable cooler deals… but that’s via same day courier, guy literally driving it directly to me in his car, from less than 150 mi away. Thank Lord my specialty pharmacy has free delivery, because that’s well over $100 for a same day courier, and that’s without the temp control.

Logistically, that’s a hell of a lot more expensive than standard ground service thru FedEx or whatnot.

@muth I figure there’s got to be a nic supplier who’s semi local to Boston that’s at least tolerable, at least thru the summer months, to get you the nic u need via ground?

Even FedEx ground service, a 3-5 business day service normally, can be reduced to 2 days or less, if the origin point is within a few hundred miles. Its not ideal, and it sure won’t be Nic River quality, but your choice might be find a lesser supplier in the same region of the country just through summer, or have your nic fried like a chicky egg for at least 3 days to a week, if transit falls over a weekend. :wink:

Question, do you have a brick and mortar place near you for vape supplies? I’d be amazed if you don’t. That might be your best option till we’re thru the heatwave.

3 Likes

Do you not have enough to last through the warm months? If not maybe just get 240ml of salts, they tolerate the heat better. Will still darken but won’t get peppery.

6 Likes

Good recommendation on the salts, I hear VG base lasts longer too but no experience with that personally.

I had a bad experience ordering nic during the hot months, nic got ruined so now only order during the winter and stock up.

Not sure if Vaperstek has nic salts but there closer to the East coast, in North Carolina I believe.

6 Likes

@Rob62 has had this problem as well , he always orders in the winter months due to that crazy hot weather , I couldnt imagine living where it’s 110 degrees F

5 Likes

If Carolinas are within reach, you can check Nicotine Giant, in SC. I’ve ordered their stuff for years, great quality, and they ship in dark amber bottles, which may also limit the affect of the heat. Curious if anyone knows if the dark amber actually will help with heat… i know its good for keeping out LIGHT, but not sure on heat.

And yes, my guy used to use nic in PG, I used nic in VG…mine always stayed nice and fresh much longer than his. So noticeable that we started buying all nic in VG, and now he just adds plain PG to his base. I’m max vg girl, myself.

4 Likes

Hey, thx. So far I’ve got Delosi Labs (Carolina Extracts) and Nicotine Giant as options. That’s great. The Carolinas to Boston is a long run but, at least, we’re not having tremendous heat waves. Not yet anyway.

6 Likes

Hola, Letitia. I’m clean out unless you count the last batch that went stinky smelly. It’s not bad but I can’t use it. Some say they like the odor. I don’t. I’ll be fine. I have some commercial juice to get my fix.

6 Likes

Thx, I’ll look into that.

3 Likes

I was looking something up for another ELR member… just saw that Nicotine Giant has a FIFTY, yep, 50% off sale on Inawera and Jungle Flavors! Not sure how long it lasts, though.

6 Likes

That’s crazy! Thx. Off subject but I placed a BCF order today around 2:30pm and I just went back to add something I forgot. Too late, already on the road! Can’t fault them for that, lol. Oh well, next round.

5 Likes

@OddModicum is there a code for that?

4 Likes

Here you go…

https://www.nicotinegiant.com/Articles.asp?ID=261

Right now we are offering 50% off of the following:

Inawera Concentrated Flavoring: Use Code IW50

Flavor Jungle Concentrated Flavoring: Use Code FJ50

6 Likes

I did the exact same thing with my BCF order! I checked it 3x, and i still managed to forget the one flavor I’d already forgotten in my last flavor order. lmao. They ship QUICK… I just got my order today, they shipped within 24 hours, and its a good 40 individual items, so that was pretty impressive. I was thrilled with my BCF goodies.

So silly, but someone posted in Tips and Tricks thread, and I just had to try it… BCF bottles for 10 ml and 1 oz have these black lids with the ‘milk jug seal’ thing on it so they don’t leak, right? The ‘milk ring’ on these are really heavy duty plastic. I remember someone saying in tips tricks that they use those rings as ‘atty stands’ for all their RTA and RDAs that they don’t have stands for, to keep them sitting upright and not rolling around on the 510 pin. lmao Totally works! I’ve got lovely lil line of RTAs and RDAs all sitting properly upright in a line on my shelves, now. :wink: They don’t look half bad, either. That’s my kinda repurposing.

7 Likes

Love it! I use lug nuts, lol.

7 Likes

oh heck… lug nuts are flipping brilliant! My roommate’s a welder… we’ve got lugnuts and hardware this and thats coming out of our ears. I’ll totally give that a whirl.

6 Likes

Er, I’m jealous! Yea, just a bit more sturdier than milk rings :wink:

4 Likes

Just a quick peek and I see that Carolina Xtracts are a couple dollars less than Nic Giant and one state closer to me. Hmm, I can buy a small amount to tie me over. I only use 3mg anyway. Oh, and have you read their info on nic storage? Everything opposite of what most of us do…here’s a sound bite and the page link.

Should I store Nicotine Products in the freezer?

No, Absolutely not. There are two components in 100MG/ML nicotine, either nicotine and vegetable glycerin, or nicotine and propylene glycol. Although most freezer units keep temperatures around zero degrees Fharenheit some will fluctuate downward by three to five degrees, and upward by two to three degrees. While propylene glycol is not readily affected by this temperature range, both Nicotine and Vegetable Glycerin are. Damage occurs to100mg/ml nicotine products when oxides form during near-freeze/thaw cycles. So while the ice inside stays “ice,” outside temperatures, thermostat performance and the number of times the freezer door is opened will affect 100MG/ML nicotine in this sensitive temperature range. Typical refrigeration temperatures, or even room temperatures are a much safer storage range than 27-33F because they are well away from freeze/thaw potential.

5 Likes

This one certainly got away from us. Perhaps other thoughts and suggestions would be better found here : Where do you buy your NIC from? or similar thread.

4 Likes

Get the Carolinaxtract, best nic I have ever tried. Google for a coupon code too, cant recall off hand what it was but something like 6%, every little bit helps.

7 Likes