Nicotine River (River Supply Company) Concentrates - Tasting Notes

Strawberry Milk (River Supply) 3% (2-9-20) – Who doesn’t love a good Strawberry Milk ?? Well you might just like this one because it is one. The first thing I look for (avoid) when milking is a heavy malted note, which this one did not have, so that’s a plus. Nice and almost rich cream, with nice milky notes help carry this one through. The Strawberry worked perfectly with the Milk elements, and itself was more of a jammed type, like you would get on a sundae. Nice and full @ 3%, with mid to high sweetness, and had nothing off-putting to say. The pairing was even, with the SB coming out on top. Chain vaping it proved, more of the same, and the combo kind of grew on me. Not a shake, but a very good SB Milk, which leaves it pretty high @ 9.5/10.

10 Likes

Awwwww, thank you, but stop…lol. You are just as good at notes as me, just too humble to accept it. And to be honest, we are both amateurs to all the good ones out there. Personally I love hearing everyone’s opinions, SERIOUSLY, and wish more would share. I’m actually not good at putting myself out there, but if I can do it anyone can.

Thank you for the continued notes and I hope more will join in :smiley:
BTW, tried any Bickford yet??? Mwahahaha

5 Likes

Hehehe, you’re killing me @MysticRose no Brickford in the house currently.

3 Likes

Wes is putting me to work! I received River Brand full line (88 flavors) to review. My reviews will be from just an old man who has been mixing for 6 yrs. and won’t be the quality and professionalism @MysticRose and @SessionDrummer exhibit, but I’ll give it my best shot.
Thank you @Nicotine_River ! Reviews will follow in the coming weeks. ! Up until now I have kept most of my recipes and reviews private,
but I thought I would start sharing.
Good or bad. Haha 20200211_170159|375x500

9 Likes

Sweet!!! I can’t wait to hear about them!!! None of us are professionals, but we are honest and good mixers, I’m sure your reviews will be very helpful :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Holy Crap @Pap (remind me, I’m old, did you win those ??), that’s a lotta flavors. You CAN’T screw up a flavor review worse than I do !!! Let’s see some taste testing flavor results !!!

5 Likes

There’s no screw ups from you that I’ve seen! I wish I could do half as good as you! That’s the plan. SF tests on them all.

5 Likes

Thank you very much @Pap, always means a lot to hear that.

4 Likes

Thank you! Your right, the key here is Honesty.

6 Likes

Ooh, can you get to the Cinnamon Roll one soon? That would be cool. I’ve been eyeballing them since SD started posting and I"m interested.

5 Likes

Sure! It will be a couple weeks to do a proper test, but I’ll do the Cinnamon Roll in the first batch of reviews.

4 Likes

Thanks…

4 Likes

Smooth Cream (River Supply) 3% (2-12-20) – I hate testing creams, hate it. Why ?? Well, they can be very hard to quantify by themselves, and more easily by their effect on mixes. Some slam you with BA (yuck, i.e. Sweet Creams), others can have an overt malted note, and some taste, like nothing much at all. So testings creams IS hard. OK, where does a “smooth” cream fit in between the Milks, Sweet Creams, and others ?? This one was fairly laid back as a solo. I think RSC was wise to label this as a smooth cream, as it’s not a “sweet cream”. Many people don’t know that Sweet Creams are NOT sweet, but are the absence of any “Sour” notes i.e. Sour Cream. This did not present as a sweet cream, as previously defined. This cream was, well, SMOOTH. Go figure, right ? It had a very nice and creamy mouthfeel, but it was not rich like a custard. It did have a very slight amount of sweetness, but very low on the scale. It did not have any overt milky or dairy notes, yet maintained an overall smooth (sorry), creamy vape from start to finish. My two current go-to’s are FA’s Cream Fresh, and OOO’s Cream (Milky Undertones), and both are used differently. By testing this solo I cannot predict how it would work as a blender, a softener of sharp tones, etc. Actually was a nice vape solo (but who vapes a cream ??), and finished the tank. No sour notes, no Butyric Acid (BA), and was effortlessly light @ 3%, yet full enough so it’s presence was known. Hard to find a comparison, but maybe a slightly sweet version of CAP sweet cream would ballpark it for you. All in all, can’t find any faults with this one, and will leave this hard to explain gem @ 8.75/10.

10 Likes

Excellent observation and glad you pointed this out! (You’re right about many not realizing that fact!)

3 Likes

Lemon Muffin (River Supply) 3% (2-13-20) – Punchy punchy in mah face !!! First thoughts on this were, punchy lemon, is that a smidge of lime anchoring it, and recessed muffin. That’s the FIRSTY first things I got from this. The lemon is very good, with punch and sweet, and I’m almost getting a hint of lime firmly anchoring a bit maybe. The muffin is fairly subdued in the mix, which I wish could have been more forward. The lemon was bright, and almost had a lemonade-ish hint to it, but not enough to through it off in pairing to a bakery. Sweetness was mid to high, and my only take off would be for a fairly recessed muffin, wish it was higher in the mix to better round this out. Great lemon, full @ 3%, but missing some muffin leaves it at a respectable 7.5/10.

9 Likes

Glazed Doughnut (River Supply) 3% (2-13-20) – How many times have I tried the doughnuts ? Too many. I have terrible luck with doughnuts, and hoping this would break the cycle. For starters, this one smelled a bit better than it vaped. Doesn’t mean it was a bad vape, but there was more of a biscuity finish smelling vs. vaping. Def. was in the ballpark for a doghnut, with nothing greasy or yeasty, and sweetness was actually lower on the scale, which was surprising for a glazed. Very full @ 3%, and didn’t feel weak, but it just seemed to fall short of the dough part. Somewhat muddy in the finish, but not enough to sink it. Don’t think this is the golden doughnut everyone is looking for, but not terrible either. Solid @ 6/10.

9 Likes

Golden Eye (River Supply) 3% (2-13-20) – Shaken, not stirred ehhh ?? This came across as an interesting mix of a somewhat sweet, punchy mango, with something else mixed in. Maybe a sour-ish mango, not sure. At first I thought it might have been a pinch of lime, but seemed not to be it. At 3% it was fairly full, but leaned towards the lighter side. Sweetness was fairly low, which was a nice surprise. The Mangos came across as mostly natural with an occasional artificial note. Didn’t get any other notes from this one, but it worked very well as is. Sweet and punchy Mango with some sour mixed in, that was light enough to vape all day, and full enough to keep you interested. 9/10.

13 Likes

Banana Milkshake (River Supply) 3% (2-15-20) – Having vape RSC’s Vanilla Milkshake recently, should be able to contrast this one. This milkshake was thicker, and richer than the Vanilla MS, and had more banana undertones smelling it, than vaping it. Checked/re-checked and this is what I got. Off the bottle, some banana could be picked out, but vaping it, it gets lost. Sweetness was low to mid, and it conveyed a fairly thick, and rich MS, but lacking banana. Banana-ish, but not a firm banana. Would be easy to push it into full Banana mode, but as is, stands more like a rich milkshake (richer/thicker than their vanilla MS). At 3% it was nicely full, not overpowered, but noticeably richer than the VMS. As a straight milkshake I’d go very high, maybe 9.5/10, but strictly as a Banana MS, would have to drop it, but only for the NSM (Not So Much) Banana to 6.5/10. Don’t let the low rating fool you, great MS, just needs some nana help.

8 Likes

Cola Freeze (River Supply) 3% (2-15-20) – Admittedly I’m NOT a fan of cooling, koolada, WS-23, etc. so I was apprehensive to test something with “freeze” in the name. Good news for me, if there’s cooking here, it’s mild enough and didn’t affect my sensitive sensibilities !! This flavor IS a very good cola, AND, for some reason (maybe it’s just me) I often got an almost carbonated fizz on the inhale. It abated before the exhale, but quite an interesting effect. The Cola is, well, the main star (go figure), and is very convincingly accurate. Not a Coke, or Pepsi per se, but more of a malt shop cola, which leaned towards an artisan cola rather a mass produced one. Sweetness varied between a mid and mid high level, and never came across as too sweet, which again, was a surprise, and showed they worked on this one a bit. At 3% it was right in the middle of the intensity scale, which would give some flexibility in going lower or higher. All in all, this is a great, convincing Cola, that doesn’t fall into a mass produced version, almost gives you some fizz on the inhale, and evens out to a great finish. I don’t review a lot of Colas, but maybe I should. Solidly @ 9.8/10.

9 Likes

Bread Pudding (River Supply) 3% (3-1-20) – Having just tested RSC’s Sugar Crunch, this one was very similar, but less pronounced. @ 3% it was very full, and tasty. It did not present as deliciously thick as the Sugar Crunch, but still fared very well. With all the usual suspects present, bread, egg, cream, sugar, with a little spice, which might have been raisins, but unsure. No butter or syrup so this is not a french toaster. I cannot NOT continue to compare this to the Sugar Crunch as they are so similar. A little bit lighter, and with a slight spice, which I kept thinking might be raisins, but it’s just outside of being recognized. As a BP this one is quite good, and would only require minor boosting to really make it shine. Nothing off-putting, and was really good at this percentage. Because it didn’t have the one-two punch that the Sugar Crunch had, will take it down a notch or so, but even at that, a great one to get and play with. Leaving this at 7.2/10.

6 Likes