Nicotine River - Updates

I love NR will def be my vendor for life. Just ordered again from u guys grabbed some nic :smiley:

-cody Pickett

2 Likes

Thank you Cody!

2 Likes

I have a question for you guys - what makes a good DIY kit? Is there anything you think that can be added to the ones that are currently on the market?

Thank you!

4 Likes

Hmmm that is a tough one. Tbh I wish there was a kit with a scale when I started so I wouldn’t of bothered with the cylinders or syringes haha. I think u should def offer some of your own concentrates in it though. I really want to try the strawberry biscuit one!

5 Likes

to be honest i actually likes liquid barns beginners diy kit , i think they hit all aspects and i woiuld give an option for a scale at an upgraded price

2 Likes

Yes, a scale! Specifically an https://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-Scales-LB-501-Digital/dp/B005UGBG20/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474413134&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=aw+501+scale

6 Likes

Are the weights of all flavors common knowledge when mixing? How could someone find those weights?

Thank you!

1 Like

All of the weights are built into our calculator :sunglasses: and the LB-501 is a good Scale so I 2nd @MysticRose

1 Like

Most of them are set up on this website with the specific gravities. It autofills when you add the flavor to your stash. However, the specific gravities should also be listed on all your sds sheets? Is that what they are called? You could compile a list of them (on the flavors you sell anyway) on a table or spreadsheet and also include that with the kit. As well as a mixing guide.

1 Like

I think the standard is 1gram=1ml for flavoring. Someone will correct me if I am wrong

That only applies to water, to set the “standard” of measure! :wink:

Only if they use ELR in particular, so I personally think it might be a bit of a nightmare, with new or uneducated customers laying blame at your doorstep, unless you go to all the time and trouble of listing the specific gravities for each and every flavor you sell on your website from the MSDS (assuming it’s on every MSDS)
YMMV.

on elr or the msds of each flavor company , however when creating a recipe on elr you type in the flave then the percentage and it will givebyou the ml or grams

1 Like

yes however it would be an upgraded option and i think even if your not a memeber of elr you eventually weigh things

1 Like

Personally, I think the best kit would include a solid base of the most popular flavors, and pg, vg, and Nicotine of course. With the addition being a titration kit to not only show confidence in your product, but also promotes safety aspects as well.
Just my .02!

EDIT: there’s a great list of said flavors in the first post here: Analyzing The 100 Top-Rated Recipes

3 Likes

is that .02 gms jk

1 Like

@Sprkslfly is actually right allowing people to pick they end up with flaves that need other things on top of the most popular flaves include a list of top rated diy recipes that thw flaves couls be used to make , im sure know one on here would mind

1 Like

What can I say… I’m hard-headed about some things. LOL
hugs his syringes (safety caps on of course!)

1 Like

you still use syringes ??? i do only with my bottles that are still glass from tfa or lb

The majority of liquid calculators have a mix by weight option. Not sure if they have the correct gravities listed, but they allow you to input the gravity, which is why I recommended you include a list with them in the kit. The average 1g/ml was also created before all the different formulas when most all flavors were PG based. There are so many variable with the raw and/or VG flavorings now.

However, all I have read is "wow, I wish I had started out mixing by weight, it’s so much easier. So I actually think the benefit would outweigh the original time invested in make a spreadsheet of gravities.

3 Likes