Nicotineriver.com Nic

I’ve searched the forum and didn’t see anything about Nicotine River’s nicotine. Has anyone tried it? With shipping I can get a 250ml bottle of 100mg for $24 which is pretty cheap. The only thing that concerns me is in the description it says:

“It has a faint flavor”

All the other sites I’ve looked at brag that their nicotine has no flavor which I realize could be bullshit. Anyway, just wondered what you guys think of their nic.

3 Likes

Hi @ffrank, I’ve not had any problems with Nicotine Rivers nic. It is what I’m using right now and I haven’t noticed any flavor changes in the juices that I’ve made with it. From what I’ve read on the forum here Nicotine River sells NicSelect nicotine and it seems to be pretty well liked.

5 Likes

NicSelect is said to be some of the better nicotine for sure. @Nicotine_River can you shed some light on the “faint flavor” of the nic?

4 Likes

I imagine the faint flavor is a tobacco note. Not having used NicSelect, I couldn’t tell you.

However, I’m in the process of doing a test on some nicotine, which I’ve received for review. I usually create and vape my mixes at 6mg or lower. I can tell you at high percentages of Nic in the mix, say 18mg, I can definitely pick up on the tobacco nature in the nicotine. For some, this is a good thing; some such as me! Others want a totally tasteless Nic in their juice.

I’m still in the process of my test results on this Nic, so I’ll let folks know what it’s like at lower percentages in my full review. :+1:

4 Likes

Good morning! I will give you the complete run down of what I know and an unbiased opinion about NicSelect. The pioneers of the nicotine industry started pitching the idea that nicotine is “scentless, flavorless, and crystal clear.” This idea couldn’t be more wrong. Nicotine is not a stable product unless it is kept in a cold, dark place like a refrigerator or in a freezer, and must be capped at all times when not in use. For us, everything is made to order and nothing stays in our freezers any longer then one business day.

NicSelect is a great brand/company for a couple reasons. The first being that they always stand behind their product. For example, if there is a problem with the nicotine you received, they will replace it immediately. Secondly, they are unbelievably transparent about their manufacturing processes and from where their nicotine is sourced. Around eighty percent of nicotine suppliers will not tell you the true source of where their product comes from because they say it is proprietary and should be kept a secret.

As a supplier, it is important to always share the source of my products. I am proud and believe in all of my products. We have close to 700 four to five star reviews. We are showing constant growth in our store and at least 50% of that growth is thanks to our nicotine. NicSelect nicotine is clean and ranges from clear to a yellowish tint. It is nitrogen packed and foil sealed to help prevent oxidization. NicSelect is a brand that does not sell you on the gimmicks like a number of other companies out there. Nicotine does have a very faint smell, especially the higher dilutions. The smell could potentially get even worse depending on how it is stored.

Please see this LINK to help explain more on how it should be properly stored. As far as the flavor of the nicotine goes, if you are using another source, and it is not NicSelect, you will potentially notice a difference. Everyone’s palate is different. The comments we have received about the nicotine is that it is smooth and that it brings out the flavors really nicely. I believe that our product is comparable to any brand out there, if not better than some. We go above and beyond to deliver the same product every time. You can always be confident in knowing that if you are not happy we will get it fixed immediately with a product replacement or a refund. The last thing I want is for anyone to lose money, or business, if you have clients. We stand behind everything and I appreciate your questions! I know I was all over the place, but I hope this helps! :slightly_smiling:

15 Likes

I knew we could count on you for some excellent info! Thanks! :slightly_smiling:

5 Likes

Any company that says their nic is 100% flavorless 100% of the time is exaggerating. The process is not so bulletproof.

4 Likes

I couldn’t agree with you more. The two chemists we have on staff see it every week. It is a natural product that faces so many variables from the time its cut down in leaf form and sold to the end user.

3 Likes

Switched to nicotine river 2 months ago and couldn’t be happier with their PG/VG/NICOTINE. I vape at 3% nicotine and haven’t noticed any taste probably due to the low %.

5 Likes

Supposed to receive my first order from Nicotine River today.
Looking forward to it. :slightly_smiling:

5 Likes

Just wondering (if anyone can respond)… the NicRiver site states about the nicotine as “…All of our nicotine is made by blending 100.1% - 100.5% pure nicotine with USP grade…” and "Purity: 100.1% - 100.5%"
Being a person that isn’t too bright, what does it mean to be over 100%?

3 Likes

I’d say it’s a typo. When talking about purity you cannot have > 100%

2 Likes

Good evening!

Sorry for the delay in the answer to that question but I was waiting for a response because I didn’t have one. This is the answer from the VP of NicSelect Thomas Schrier.

"Hi Grant,

It’s because it is a calculation and not an actual test result. This calculation is made on an anhydrous (aka no water) basis. This is per the USP and EP monographs. The purity can be above 100% during this test for USP specifications.

I hope this helps!"

4 Likes

Not really… BUT… I did do a few web searches on the subject that cleared it up, where I could understand how/why a result may product a result in excess of 100% for a calculation.
Sorry, it just looked odd that all the information on the site stated the purity in a form that I didn’t comprehend (the greater than 100%). Thank you and Mr Schrier for the response.

1 Like

But stating a purity of 100.5% indicates the margin of error is at a minimum 0.5%. This topic vexes me. :confounded:

Oh but I found a USP monograph for nicotine and, if I understand correctly, it says that using their test procedure anything measuring between 99.0 and 101.0 is defined as pure nicotine, so I think I understand. Maybe:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I can most assuredly vouch for the quality of this nicotine, as well as their customer service. I’ve used it for a few months now and my freezer is loaded…thank you, NR!

5 Likes

I appreciate the validation my friend! If there is anything we can do for you please do not hesitate to ask.

Have a great weekend!

3 Likes

Just bought a 250ml of 100mg a few days ago for $22 after shipping using our 10% off coupon. That’s a really good deal and will last me sooooo long. I’ll be able to get 833 30ml bottles @ my 1mg strength. Holy eff :scream:

4 Likes

Yes! thank you very much for your order and let us know if you need anything :slightly_smiling:

Thank you!

3 Likes

Another free shipping special would be awesome. Also i really appreciate that your site also lists prices in CAD. Thats a great touch.

2 Likes