Nitecore D2

Got a Nitecore D2 about 2 weeks ago, its seems to take a long time to charge a 18650 battery any where aound 4 to 4 1/2 hours, is this normal?

2 Likes

Mine runs about 3-3 1/2 hrs with 2 battery’s in. So not far off.

1 Like

Mine is with one battery!!

1 Like

Whats the mah ?

1 Like

Mine are efest 2500 mah and both are charged in that time. Really it should take half the time for a single shouldn’t it ?

1 Like

Samsung 25R R5 Green

It takes about the same amount of time for 2

1 Like

The d2 charger charges with 0.5A regardless. It’s a slow charger. The d4 can do 0.75A and it’s still slow…

1 Like

Is there a faster charger out there? This D2 is to slow, I dont want to wait. HeHe

1 Like

I’m considering the XTAR XP4 or VC4 that can do 1A charging. Or the LUC v4 (2014) that can charge 2 batteries at 2A… (4 batteries at 1A)…

Note the XTAR VC4 needs a USB-wall charger/adapter - it doesn’t come with one… You need to have your own 2/2.1A USB charger to connect it to…

1 Like

Any of those sound better than the D2!

Thank You

1 Like

The slower the charge, the more cycles your battery will do :slight_smile: Charging them fast takes a toll…

3 Likes

A battery rated at 2500 mah should be able to be safely charged without too much wear and tear up to 2.5 amp. But yes, the lower amp = slower charge = more battery life.

1 Like

I like my Nitecore I4 cuz I can use it for 18650s or my eneloops (NiMH) the AAA’s are a little dodgy on the fit, but it works. I don’t mind the long charge times, I just keep all my spares topped off and when one gets drained it goes into the charger and it’ll be full before I can drain another. Been using it for 2 years, no problems. Also, because it’s so low I don’t really worry about something bad happening if leaving it unattended while charging (though there is a smoke detector in the same room, I’m not completely reckless).

I’d get the D4 if I was buying one now, just cuz LCD screens beat the heck outta blinky LEDs, but not enough to justify the upgrade. Here’s a link to an insanely detailed review if you’re interested http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?391851-Test-Review-of-Charger-NiteCore-Intellicharger-D4

1 Like

The review is also on his own site here:

http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%20Charger%20Nitecore%20Digicharger%20D4%20UK.html

2 Likes

I have the D2 and it takes about 5 hours to do 2 samsung 25rs. I have four sets now, two blue and two green sets. I’m saving the green ones for the mini. I typically have one in my box and one in the case in my bag. When both are dead, I charge them while I have the other two in rotation. I suppose if I had a dual batt mod or a bunch of mods and not many batteries it’d be an issue. Buy more batteries. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I like my LUC v4. Nice charge display and switchable charge rates.

1 Like

my i4 died so I need a new one. Went from being able to charge all 4 over night to 2 at a time. At least I still have a fresh set for after work, when I need the fresh batteries lol.

1 Like

Mods that have pass-thru charging are great too. :slight_smile: Vape while you charge.

1 Like

Would it harm my Evic Vtc mini to use the 1amp wall charger from my Eleaf 50w to do pass-thru charge?

I wouldn’t risk it if I were you. Granted, most of the stories are because people used things like phone chargers or iPad chargers…but still. Better to be safe than sorry.

1 Like