No longer with us

I just heard that Not Charles Mason died some four years ago. Is this true? He couldn’t have been very old. Sad, if it is. How did he go? His Strawberry Shortcake Bar was one of the best recipes out there at the time. Hoping he just died on elr and is living a happy life somewhere.

4 Likes

I knew that name was familiar - I mix two of his recipes all the time!!

I hope he is well too :worried:

3 Likes

I have no idea. If it is true, it must be more recent than 4 years because I found this
https://diyordievaping.com/2017/03/20/notcharlesmanson-releases-new-recipe-notorious/
Last recipe posted on ELR was March 2016.

3 Likes

Not to my knowledge but from diyodie I remember him saying he was going to take a break from the public mix life.

Sadly, people kinda come and go. The longer you participate in the forums you will see good mix friends kind of fall off the radar.

5 Likes

Thanks. Perhaps not then. Hope not.

4 Likes

That’s what I was hoping. Thanks

3 Likes

I just asked Graham Digital drops who knows him personally and he said he is still alive …

7 Likes

Thanks. Pleased to hear it. That was one of the best recipes for a long time. Saved me a lot of cash, and helped keep me off of cigarettes. I owe him, so am pleased he’s still kicking. Thanks for letting me know.

4 Likes

Okay so he’s alive.
So it wouldn’t be out of line for me to ask…
What’s the recipe?
Come on man.
I can find his recipes.
Alive as he is.
But which one?

2 Likes

If it’s the papaya mango recipe I’m cool.
It’s above.
Is that it?
Maybe I’ll just “follow” him.

2 Likes

Strawberry Shortcake Bar.

4 Likes

Thank you
May he rest in peace, alive as he is.
I’m gonna go mix that.

4 Likes

Pleasure. Do. I haven’t mixed it up for a long time but it was pretty good if my memory serves me well.

3 Likes

Yes it was / is a classic…i may mix it just for memories…i just am scared it may be disappointing these days lol…probably not though

2 Likes

Funnily enough, I was thinking of doing the same thing myself. I think it may still hold up reasonably well. 30ml what the hell. Give it a go. While I’m here, I’m after a good fruit recipe. I always mix bakeries and creams, but I fancy a change. Any suggestions?

2 Likes

This is one of his - still creamy but quite strong apple:

2 Likes

Thanks. Unfortunately I don’t possess FA banana or honey. I do have TPA but not sure how they would hold up

3 Likes

And I don’t care who’s recipe it is, as long as it’s good.

3 Likes

No worries.
Sorry I can’t suggest any subs, I only have FA.
There was another post asking for fruit flavours here:

2 Likes

It pisses me off. I’ve got literally hundreds of flavours, but nine times out of ten I’m missing something. Lol. Sods bloody law I guess. Thanks for your help anyway. Happy mixing, and happy new year.

8 Likes