No More DIY in Indiana

This is an Indiana law now. passed both legislative branches and signed by governor pence . Here is the “bill” form in pdf http://in.proxy.openstates.org/.../versions/hb1432.03.engh

Sec. 15."Manufacturer"means a personor cooperative,located inside or outside Indiana, that is engaged in manufacturing e-liquid.
Sec. 16. “Manufacturing” means the process by which an e-liquid is mixed, bottled, packaged, and stored.

That could be construed to mean a DIY type. Even though the rest of the law clearly is aimed at a commercial operation, this could be taken to mean DIY. It’s like they ignored the possibility of folks making their own

Not good.

4 Likes

That is complete bullsh–. I’m sorry this has happened.
So much for the pursuit of happiness…

6 Likes

Catch me if you can…

9 Likes

Ridiculous pos assholes!!! All I can say

6 Likes

As long as there are folks around to get supplies there will be a way for you to get them for yourself!

8 Likes

That is the stupidest thing that I have ever heard. Pretty sure that how moonshining started.

6 Likes

For serious. We all see how well prohibition worked out…did we not learn anything? Even my kid knows that saying “You can’t have that!!” just makes her want it more. Some day our government will be wise…guess it’s just not today. So sorry @Alisa …I’m guessing the rest of us will be joining you soon. :disappointed:

5 Likes

Normally it’s California first, I’m sure they will be soon to follow.

2 Likes

Oh, I don’t live in Indiana (thank God). I was just trying to let Indianans know what’s happening.
I’m a Texas Lady all the way. :smile:

4 Likes

Aw, I’m from Texas!! :slight_smile: Whew, glad you’re not there. Good stuff to know, though. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

I live in The Peoples Republic of California and thought we would be the first. It’s coming by all the crap TV commercials and misguided information being put out. I wish the opposing side would put out information to the masses but I guess you can’t match the money being paid out by big tobacco.

5 Likes

I live in Az and I call California that all the time, I also am a duner and go 3-4 times a year.
I wanna know where all the money goes from the sand dunes. That is close to a 100 million
a year from just us. Sorry that was my rant for today.

3 Likes

If you do not sell juice it would require them seeing you make it, i dont believe probable cause can be just owning/purchasing the ingredients. The worst part is that more tax payer money will be spent when this goes to court.

I go to Indiana, Shipshewana, many times per year as a mini vacation. This will now come to an end, so sad as i love those Amish folks.

3 Likes

Might as well hunker down and brush up on your horticultural skills. At the rate things are going it will be easier and likely more legal to farm mary jane than to make your own e-liquid. Puff puff pass.

8 Likes

I am an Indiana vaper and for the record we are called Hoosiers lolol. The bill doesn’t address diy for personal use. As long as you are not selling, bartering, or trading it it has not been made illegal. Yet. We are a long way from being out of the woods here but for NOW diy for personal use is NOT illegal.

5 Likes

Vickie… I would like to know where you are getting your information, Reading that bill… DIY COULD very well be illegal.
Sec. 15."Manufacturer"means a person or cooperative,located inside or outside Indiana, that is engaged in manufacturing e-liquid.
Sec. 16. “Manufacturing” means the process by which an e-liquid is mixed, bottled, packaged, and stored.

Do you have some updated bill or something?

1 Like

Manufacturing means the manufacturing of ejuice for sale. Diy hasn’t been addressed yet. Its ok if you make it for your own personal use. If you give or sell it to your neighbor, its not. And I got my info from friends in CAASA who helped amend the original bill which was much much worse to start.

2 Likes

Vickie… I just don’t want anyone to be ill-informed… The bill clearly defines ‘Manufacturing’:

“Manufacturing” means the process by which an e-liquid is mixed, bottled, packaged, and stored.

It doesn’t say ANYTHING about selling it in their definition.

3 Likes

Perhaps contacting CAASA directly to find out where the true and lawful “line in the sand” is drawn on this issue would be a good thing (i.e. Manufacturing).

5 Likes

I did, Jimk. We are having the conversation. I’ll keep you updated, or you can see it on Facebook:

2 Likes