No more ELR recipes are being emailed to me

I use to receive roughly 30 recipes a day through my emails from the Authors’ of new recipe creations.
A few days ago, the email notifications abruptly stopped.
Does anyone have any ideas why that might be happening?
Thanks all!

6 Likes

@daath would need to be the one to look into this. Assuming you didn’t accidentally change any of your notification settings. :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you Sprksfly! No, I didn’t change a thing until this happened. Then I went into my “Preferences” and made sure my “Receive email notifications” box was checked. I can’t tell if it was already checked or not, but I made sure it was checked by then. Any suggestions on how I can contact @daath regarding this issue? Thank you and Bless you!

5 Likes

Sprksfly,
I see how I can contact @daath now :).

4 Likes

Has your mail provider changed some settings and the mails are going straight to the spam folder or something?

6 Likes

Now that you mention it, the last notification I got was June 5th, that’s when they stopped for me. No changes to account settings, email notifications are on.

5 Likes

I haven’t checked any emails from ELR but since it’s just an account for forums and spam I haven’t even noticed that my emails from ELR stopped in June 2020. After that only from private messages I received on ELR. I haven’t changed any notification settings either but could it just have been an update of the forum software or something? Nothing in my spam folder either…

6 Likes

As far as I can tell, mails are still being sent out. Though the number of mails may have declined a bit? It looks like we are only sending from around 1200-3000 mails per day currently. I still get notifications of comments on recipes, new recipe releases etc …

If yours have stopped, I’d check the spam folder and the preferences page, both on the forum and on ELR proper: https://e-liquid-recipes.com/user/update

@Bad_Influence - you have turned your email notifications off on ELR proper …

@SolteroDIY - you have yours set to on, so you should be getting them …

9 Likes

Will do, thanks!

3 Likes

Quite possible, I just can’t remember changing any settings and I only noticed now with this thread. Thanks for checking.

5 Likes

Hi daath, my settings for receiving notifications are on, I’ve checked my Spam folder…still jack squat. My notifications stopped around the same time that SolteroDIY and Bad_Influence says theirs has also stopped.
So frustrating!

2 Likes

Maybe the 406 people you follow haven’t posted any recipes recently. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

i havent got any notifications via email in prob a couple weeks…

4 Likes

Come to think about it I haven’t received my usual recipe emails from mixers that I follow even though I am getting emails from the forum side. I will go and check my settings although I know I wouldn’t have turned them off.

3 Likes

I used to receive emails for mixers I follow… I haven’t for a week or more… Any suggestions?
Thx.

3 Likes

NM I just saw this topic posted… But I haven’t changed anything and the mixers I follow HAVE posted tons of recipes…:thinking:

4 Likes

The only thing you can do is double check your notification settings and perhaps the spam folder. I can’t remember having my settings changed (which doesn’t mean I haven’t) but it seems to be doing exactly what it should.
Can’t comment on the recipe emails because I’ve never used the notifications there. But there are different notification settings. One for the forum and one for the recipe section.

4 Likes

If anyone is on my follow list, and HAVE been getting emails previously, I could make a TEST publish, or comment, and we can go down the list and see who does or doesn’t get it.

3 Likes

Oh man, anything to get followers, eh? :rofl:

4 Likes

Hehe, no no, EXISTING followers LOL.

4 Likes