Noob Question - Testing Mixes

You just have to go back and re-read the posts in order for it to make sense… not a big deal really…

1 Like

…after I take a nap. There, extra info added.

1 Like

Ok, let me explain…

This tells me your telling the OP to emulate his build from his current tank to an RDA.

If this wasn’t your intent… I apologise.

1 Like

Well, all I really meant was to at least use a tester built close to the usual vape you draw. I’m sure this could go on and on, but when apologies start to come out, it’s best to just let the dog lay.

I suppose I took it for granted that most vapers know that different gear can produce different flavor levels, but maybe I should have disclaimed that. I’m not a last-worder and don’t feel the need to see any sort of ‘S’ on my chest, at all. The opposite in fact. I like clear information and it appears that I failed to provide it, so it is I that should be apologizing.

Thank you so much for your response, recommendation and your kindness.

:grinning:

1 Like

I am also new mate and what i have found is squonking to be the best i drip a bit see if it is half palatable if i think its alright i put 5ml in my squonk and have a good go on it my opinion often changes after this. You could do the same drip on a rda to begin then load into your tank.

2 Likes

Hi @G-Daddy welcome!
I use an Oumier Wasp Nano RDA for flavour testing. It is a single coil rda. Super simple to wick. I think i paid around 10USD for it. Good luck!

1 Like

@G-Daddy You’ll get a lot of different opinions. Choosing something that has or gives great flavor is a must, but also, you should use something you know. I do all my testing using an older Steam Crave v1 rdta. I know it well, and it has great flavor as well.

1 Like

I test on Entheon clones or an OBS cheetah to start. I will also test them on various RTAs after that because most of my friends that get juice use RTAs. The Entheon clones are separated for bakeries and fruits/candies. I like the single coil better. I can vape through the juice in the single coil faster when switching test flavors. Sometimes vaping unflavored VG/PG through before switching flavors. I might still get a slight bleed over from the previous flavor, but I can get an idea where I am headed. If I have to burn off and re-wick the single coils are easier. In the end if the flavor is good/strong in the RDAs they are usually still good in the RTAs or Sub Ohms with pre-built coils. As others stated different wattage or temperature will effect the flavor. Some more than others. Typically I will get better flavor at lower wattage and less airflow.

2 Likes

Thanks for the continued responses vapers

1 Like

@VapeyMama, what else do I need with the indie-duo-rda?

1 Like

Are you already building on RTAs? If so you should have everything you need. If you’re using stock coils, then you’ll need to do some research on building your own coils.
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html is helpful for calculating how to build for the ohms you want, and then on top of that google and Youtube are your friends. :+1:

4 Likes

Just the other day I bought a Bonza RDA to test flavours. I usually use tanks (Aromamizer Supreme V2) at around the .2 mark. The intention is/was to test useing a single coil of the same material but smaller guage in the RDA at about .3 - .4 & a lower wattage.
I havent got to testing yet - I’ve just been enjoying the full-on dual coil RDA experience (at twice the wattage) coz its new to me.
Anyhow, this morning I loaded some juice into the RDA that I’ve really been enjoying in the Aromamizer - it tasted absolutely like medicine - eeyuuuk!! Totally different to how it tastes in a tank. None of my other juices have done that so far - they’ve certainly been more intense but no major difference in flavour like this one.
Point is, flavour can change quite dramatically between a tank and an RDA (as most of you already know). The different ohmage & wattage not to mention lack of chimney etc really brings out nuances that cant be detected in a tank. I’m interested to see the differences when I do the Bonza with a single coil.

3 Likes

completely off topic, but congrats on GB its freakin amazing well done on that one mate, i got 300ml in the dark…

2 Likes

Welcome!
There has been a ton of great info here too consider.
I know it’s not the answer your looking for so here goes with my apologies.
I know it’s a pain in the butt if you use tanks I figured out early on that rdas for testing was too different between my tank and my test model dripper.
At the time it was a kanger tank with a single coil versus a simple small rda.
It was the same a few years later between my Smok tfv4 and the Troll rda.
A I just resolved to buy for cheap 20 coil decks for the Tank and just switch out with a quick PG flush on the glass and chimney. It’s about 5 minutes now and the testing is consistent with same setup. Good luck and good vaping!

1 Like