NY- 60 years of nicotine in deep freeze

Yes to all @Ianc13.

5 Likes

Soooooo, you would shake the bottle to mix in the Nic, then let it settle a bit before opening and then take the amount out with a syringe so as to not disturb the argon?

Sound right @SessionDrummer?

5 Likes

All you’re doing with the Argon is DISPLACING the air. If your bottles stay upright, you COULD just syringe off NIC without disturbing it, BUT, as your NIC level goes down, you may have to re gas it, to keep up with the increasing headspace.

7 Likes

Shaking WILL temporarily mix the gas and NIC, but then the gas will eventually rise to the top again.

4 Likes

But would the layer of Argon prevent the oxygen from being absorbed by the Nic regardless of how much headspace was there. Like a barrier?

5 Likes

Technically YES. The KEY here is to make SURE you are using pure Argon, not other inert gasses. Argon IS heavier than air, therefore it WILL sink below any air injected into the headspace.

4 Likes

I’ll have to get some this shit in the not too distant future.

5 Likes

EXACYLY like a barrier. That’s the purpose and goal.

4 Likes

So an inch or so would be enough no matter how empty the nic level is, since it’ll sink and cover the top of the liquid anyhoo?

4 Likes

It’s NOT the end of the world if you dont gas, but as getting NIC becomes harder, you’re minimizing your oxidation.

5 Likes

Yes @Guido_Possum.

3 Likes

Yep, I get it. Would just have to make sure you don’t shake too much or the air in the headspace would aerate the Nic.

Love the amount of info in your head D’man.

3 Likes

Don’t tell my wife, she thinks I’m stupid @Ianc13

4 Likes

Best way to keep it mate… LOL

4 Likes

Even if you shook it, it seems if the air is lighter and the argon heavier, the two will separate like oil and water in time and refuse to mix?

Could be wrong, but if they don’t actually bond and mix into some other third kind of element or gas but stay seperate, then they couldn’t mix no matter how much shaking you do, maybe…

5 Likes

Hey I’m not even freezing at the moment, but I’ve only had the nic I’ve got a few weeks and it’s starting to cool into Autumn here so shrug: as I increase my bottles until Oct though, I’ll wanna start stashing them and if argon’s only $20/can or something and easily obtainable I might’s well use it.

4 Likes

The issue would be the oxygen affecting the Nic itself mate.

If the mix is aerated with oxygen from the air in the headspace, it will start the degradation and oxidisation of the nicotine.

5 Likes

ONly if it gets frozen with bubbles in it: they’ll rise up and pop if it’s at room temperature, though yeah best shake as little as possible is the easiest answer though.

Does it freeze? PG or VG?

All our Nic bases are PG anyway so the VG half of the query is unecessary, but I’ve never stuck a bottle in the freezer yet so iunno if it actually freezes solid or just gets thicker

2 Likes

Now if we can just… actually I’ll start a new thread…

1 Like

Just gets thicker mate.

Lol!

4 Likes