NY- 60 years of nicotine in deep freeze

Was that with a VG base? PG? Both?

3 Likes

I have about 2 or 3 yrs worth I’ve picked up maybe in the last 5 yrs… I need to pick up some more if I can afford it b4 the ban… :v:

3 Likes

ABSOLUTELY @HVPGH. Repeated freeze/thaws are brutal.

2 Likes

My grandmother used a bar of soap to neutralize potty-mouth :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m assuming their recommendation was to not diffuse headroom oxygen into the solution, which will to some extent foster oxidation. I have seen more product bottles state on the label shake well before using. I’m fairly confident that most of the product we receive has pretty good distribution (homogenization) of the nicotine & base when received, but there is also a school of thought that some chemical separation is bound to happen over time. (I am of this thought). It is widely held that VG based nicotine can produce hot spots over time. Being one that always shakes (lol), VG is much harder to work with.

4 Likes

While we were all talking about the NIC and the FREEZE, I was reminded of an older thread, so I checked it, and power scrolled through, saved some pics and dates for you guys. He started out, simply comparing Freezing vs. Room Temp, and ended up expanding the tests further. 60+ pages in the thread.

F=Freezer
RT=Room Temp.

03-05-17

03-19-17

04-30-17

09-12-17

03-04-18

11-28-19

6 Likes

I don’t think the amber colored room temp nic would taste very good.

4 Likes

Wow…

Now that totally tells the story…

Thanks D’man.

3 Likes

I can’t recall. Sorry.

5 Likes

That makes sense to me.

4 Likes

@Ianc13 all respect given to the OP…

3 Likes

https://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/long-term-nicotine-storage-thread/

3 Likes

And dont forget about Carolina Xtract they recommend NOT freezing NIC :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I think D’man’s post above regarding the timed comparison of freezer vs room temperature done by Rossum shows why that is a weird recommendation…

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure the reason for that statement is they are concerned about repeated freeze/thaw cycles.

5 Likes

NON-issue, just deep freeze, and leave it.

6 Likes

:rofl: And the crowd goes nuts!

3 Likes

Very true…

3 Likes

Good luck on the job & possible move!..

6 Likes

GL @robin

4 Likes