NY- 60 years of nicotine in deep freeze

Good luck with the interview @robin :grin:

7 Likes

edit- I didn’t see all the other posts before I posted.
Do you know the approximate temp in your freezer, I changed mine from -20f to around 0f. I’m thinking that may be good enough, I’m trying to pinch pennies now. Feedback appreciated.

5 Likes

Thank you SD.

4 Likes

Thank you so much.

5 Likes

Hopefully we will be free from this ridiculous Vape mail ban when either lawsuits begin, or the politicians who did this are gone or outnumbered.

5 Likes

I predict we don’t go back, not ever, this will be one for the books with only a small group of hobbyists… heated sticks of tobacco-like product are coming amd those will somehow be safer from children.

I think I’m convinced to get the amber glass and argon gas wine preservation kit to do the best I can… Maybe couple more bottles of base.

Can I ask, has anyone tried the granular %34 nic that river has, you’d have to assume the purpose is longevity? I think it was $200 for 340g of nic total.

I also don’t see much mention that salt nicotine is reported by least one manufacturer as being much more stable that freebase

3 Likes

@Ericsgreen that is true, but I’ve yet to see an actual time spanning differential.

Good move.

5 Likes

My hope is…from your voice to the Universe’s ear. But I have concerns, hence my stocking up on a bunch of vape items. There are some things I don’t like to leave to chance (or politicians). But I do hope you are right.

6 Likes

:+1::facepunch::pray:t2: Agreed and thank you

5 Likes

Smart move I’m out here trying to find nic in NY and it’s a real pita. Had no idea they restricted diy in NY until I put in an order to River supply :persevere::sleepy:

3 Likes

you need to find someone outside your area/state top get it for you, then ship it to you. will cost a lil more, but at least you will have it.

5 Likes

Kept my pg mix at -15F for 5 years now, still potent and gin clear. I need bottles for new gallon of vg nic salts though. Will be impossible to shake that jello.

5 Likes

I’m at - 15 to 0f by the season. No issues after 5 years.

5 Likes

It is nice the law specifically allows adults to ship these banned products between ourselves, up to 10 per month. I know you can ship it to me, anyone here in the US would step up. We ship couple times per week, be nice if all does fail for us in the states to be able to get out of country shipments from our hobbyist friends in the rest of the world.

I guess it is slightly suspicious that the whole world is heading towards vaper madness, not like big tobacco could have that much reach. Someone just asked me if it’s time to give it up, it literally had not occurred to me, like seriously, I’m a hobbyist, I gave up my snuff and pipes and plain like this better anyhow!

7 Likes

The US sneezes the free world seems to catch a cold. I’m embarrassed for my government.

8 Likes

Agreed, and I am embarrassed BY my government @rcleven.

8 Likes

especially the last few months. a bad joke is what it is.

6 Likes

@jinx_d PM’d you …

3 Likes

i didn’t do it , i sware ! :laughing:

4 Likes

I’ve heard of some manufacturers using nitrogen to preserve freshness also. Perhaps that is why some nicotine has a pinkish hue? (pure speculation)

5 Likes