NY- 60 years of nicotine in deep freeze

Oh come on…I could see if the guy went and purposely bought it all to say fuck everyone hahaha but im not sure that what happened…If Vapoureyes only has a coulle gallons in stock I would definitely have a different supplier…

5 Likes

I do…I need at least another 2 liters to make me feel comfortable and i have 8liters of 100mgml strenths and 2 liter of 250mg lol…Let not beat each other up

7 Likes

It didn’t affect me at all - it was a few weeks before I’d started ordering.

And while OP might be a decent enough dood otherwise, that kind of bulk buying so close to the cutoffs (especially there in the states) could easily see plenty of people miss out if it’s replicated by not that many more people buying unnecessary amounts.

@fidalgo_vapes point though, is that this close to deadlines about to happen we shouldn’t encourage that, so while it doesn’t affect me at all I won’t pat OP in the back because a dozen more OPs with $60+ year orders could very feasibly mean no nic for anyone else between now and the last mail truck.

If not for the bans I’d cheer along with the rest of you, but a lot of people still need nicotine and just like the toilet paper, encouraging that kind of attitude could mean people miss out.

If the was no risk of proje missing out then 200+ years of nic base would be … well a quirky amount to be ordering but awesome - no problemo :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Im in NY also. I think ill have about 5 years worth. I probably should buy more.

7 Likes

And though Im not always the most community minded OR altruistic person, not everyone found out about these bans at the same time and it’s not because they’re simply ignorant.

I only found out about any bans what, nnot even two months ago when I decided to return to vaping ans stop smoking: that’s when I quickly discovered what was going on and the need to stock up.

Up until then I was happily smoking and not plugged-in at all to vaping news or changes im law.

So people who have just recently decided to stop smoking and return to vaping couldn’t have known until now that they’ve gotta order their supply and if they cannot do that because of panic buying, think how many will simply continue smoking or go back to it.

I’m just trying to discourage panic-hoarding, or at least not congratulate those who do it.

3 Likes

Probably quickly at that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That does suck and this isnt the most popular opinion but I’m more concerned for the people that have quit and depend on vaping more than I am about the people who might quit maybe someday …Ill be honest i didnt get into vaping to save the world or anyone from smoking but I will help anyone that wants to…We will agree to disagree…Im not gonna begrudge anyine for getting what they can while they can…

7 Likes

There’s no point worrying about this order now it’s done, but you never know: some other lurkers reading this might realize before before pulling the pin on an order that huge, "Maybe,… maybe I don’t really need to buy the store out and maybe I don’t really wanna potentially cause my fellow American vapers to miss out for an amount I will never even be able to use in my lifetime."

Never know who’s reading after all :smirk:

4 Likes

Let’s be clear… this post was to recommend that others buy what they can! This post is telling anyone low to buy what “toilet paper” they can do that when your taking a dump in 5,10,15 years you can have a clean bottom.

For anyone saying I bought too much I say sorry but not sorry. Now if I had bought 200 years worth and was trying to charge 5x to others then I could see the issue but I didn’t and I’m not. This was simply to light the fire for others to do the same.

I have plenty of cooler and more interesting things to boast about other than vaping or nicotine in storage!

I wish everyone the best!!! Happy vaping

7 Likes

^ that right there, is the reason I was discouraging of panic buying to start with!

If everyone started doing that a year ago, there would have been NONE for you to order now, or me, or anyone else.

The moment stock returns, a queue of people instantly buy it all out again, and again, and every site ends up continually ot of stock.

It’s a very simple human dynamic to understand and very easily happens when there’s never enough supply to meet demand yet your vacuum-headed advise is for everyone to follow your example?

People around here are smarter than that thankfully.

:flushed:

1 Like

Wait…How did you hear about my plan…lmao its all good do you and ty for popping in stick around

5 Likes

Bought 2 gallons in 2014 after the last scare from the FDA. IT’S FROZEN, is just fine after all these years and I have over 2 gallons left. It only changes color when I fill a 120ml mixing bottle at my desk after a couple weeks. Even then it works just fine for me. I’ll probably end up giving away the last sealed gallon in a couple years. It was from Nic-select I think.

10 Likes

@Guido_Possum any time you freeze NIC, especially for longer term storage in any plastics you take a chance. Air penetration, and/or leaching of plastics into your NIC. This doesn’t mean you can’t freeze in plastic, but hands down, glass bottles with good seals are always the best, and with the least risk. If you’ve spent a lot of money, and/or are going to long term it, glass will extend your storage, and minimize risk.

Air, light, heat, moisture will all work to destroy your NIC via oxidation. Any/all/some of them will do it. The more you can limit, or eliminate, the better and longer your NIC will store. Heat and light can be eliminated by storing in a freezer, air can be all but eliminated by leaving 1" or so of headspace in each bottle, and topping off with an inert gas like Argon, which displaces all of the air, then capping. I tape all of my caps and ziplock each long term bottle before it goes in the freezer.

It’s your money, your investment, so how much you want to protect, and extend it, is up to you.

6 Likes

I’ll ask around the various chemists nearby then if that’s generally accepted better :+1:

Hopefully one of em will have a few 500mL brown glass ones in stock, then if they fails I’ll look online.

I’ll start with that foxy chemist on duty in town :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well THAT never sounds like a bad idea. As far as the amber glass, I’d been doing that for years. Lately, my bottle supplier started using shitty tops that were either breaking when tightening, or just generally sucked. I’m now switching over to far superior, and slightly more expensive bottles, with far superior caps from a Scientific vendor. They are clear, and I decided that was a non-issue due to storage in a dark freezer.

6 Likes

Like these cute little suckers I got yesterday…

Only 20mL, which is an odd size but they’re also an odd shape, though that was from some other chemist who only had three of these.

The foxy chemist, she had a much better option for smaller bottles I want for flavour testing…

4 Likes

These ones: though they’re PET and maybe not freezable, they are shiny and dark brown like the glass bottles but unbreakable and only $1/each…

I’d explained I needed some small, cheap bottles or jars for mixing vaporizer liquids and all any the staff at the pharmacy said they had on stock were a few glass ones too big for what I wanted.

Then the actual chemist on duty - the foxy one - stopped typing some script she was doing, asked one the others to finish that for her and said "Actually, I -think- I might have some of those other…" as she disappeared or the back a few moments.

About thirty seconds later I’m listening to some random food telling me how he used vaping to stop smoking and now doesn’t do either when from ot back I hear an "Ah hah!!" then our foxy chemist appears again with a 1’ x 1’ tray FULL of those little plastic bottles.

:smirk:

5 Likes

Oh, they’re also notably thick plastic compared to most little bottles or jars, no doubt to get as close as possible to specification as the real glass ones.

Too thick to be able to squeeze or whatever and though ideally I would’ve liked jars only 15mL, these are 30… or 50, which means plenty of room for the liquid to agitate I spose.

2 Likes

I normally order glass from here…

6 Likes

I’ll come back to it if local B&M chemists don’t have what I want.

Every time I place an order for anything from anywhere, I always have it sent directly to the post office for collection: saves me blinking and missing a courier, teenagers ripping my shit from my mailbox in the easy home from school, neighbors even from ripping my shit off.

Not sure why everyone doesn’t do it since it’s a completely free service Australia Post provides and since photo ID is required to connect any delivery from the post office, I just never have to worry about losing a parcel.

But, going in there to actually do the picking-up is obviously more effort than earning to the mailbox or opening the door and signing, what was my fn point?

Yeah nothing to do with postage actually, I was going to say the local chemists are pretty cheap with their bottles, so as long as they have some in stock I’d just as soon buy em in person since I walk past both chemists anytime I go into town for shopping anyhoo.

4 Likes