NYC Flavor Ban 2019 Call To Action

We can all thank the idiots like Cuomo, Schumer, and this poor excuse for a governor DeBlasio

9 Likes

Fucking tards

5 Likes

De Blasio is the mayor :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But yeah, sad excuses for adults. The proposed bill is from a local councilman who has moms in his ear.

6 Likes

right, the mayor. still a dumbass

7 Likes

7 Likes

I woke up to this in my news feed this morning.
https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/bill-banning-all-flavored-e-liquid-sales-passes-in-assembly-and-senate
It now leads to a dead story, and turns out it was a false report and it never got passed.

If there is anything we can do to help, please post it up and share it in all vape forums.

5 Likes

page not found…

4 Likes

@worm1… I tried to tell ya haha

4 Likes

ohh :man_facepalming: i thought ya meant dead as in done and over with not dead link, sry

3 Likes

I mean, I guess it would be both, seeing as the bill itself never got passed. It might be done for now, but I don’t know how the vape community is in new York or advocacy is there. They did have a protest, because if new York approves it, it’s only a matter of time before it rotates elsewhere.
FDA commissioner betrayed us all though.

4 Likes

Here’s what was released though (for the curious)

2 Likes

@DarkJester89 this is the same thing ?

https://legislation.nysenate.gov/pdf/bills/2017/S8610

AN ACT to amend the public health law, in relation to prohibiting the sale and distribution of flavored e-liquid for use in e-cigarettesThe People of the State of New York, represented in Senate and Assem-bly, do enact as follows: 1 Section 1. The public health law is amended by adding a new section 2 1399-mm-1 to read as follows: 3 § 1399-mm-1. Sale of flavored e-liquid prohibited. 1. For the purposes 4 of this section, the following terms shall have the following meanings: 5 (a) “flavored e-liquid” shall mean a liquid composed of nicotine and 6 other chemicals, and which is sold as a product that may be used in an 7 electronic cigarette which contains a natural or artificial constituent 8 or additive that causes such e-liquid or its smoke to have a character- 9 izing flavor. 10 (b) “characterizing flavor” shall mean a distinguishable taste or 11 aroma, including but not limited to any fruit, chocolate, vanilla, 12 honey, candy, cocoa, dessert, alcoholic beverage, herb or spice flavor- 13 ing, but shall not include tobacco or menthol. 14 2. No person shall sell, offer for sale or distribute in this state 15 any flavored e-liquid or e-cigarette containing flavored e-liquid. No 16 other provision of law authorizing the sale of tobacco products shall 17 authorize the sale of flavored e-liquid. 18 3. Any person other than a manufacturer who violates the provisions of 19 this section shall be subject to a fine of not more than one hundred 20 dollars for each individual package of flavored e-liquid product sold or 21 offered for sale. A manufacturer may be subject to a civil penalty not 22 to exceed fifty thousand dollars for each brand or style of such 23 manufacturer’s tobacco products that is found to have been sold or 24 offered for sale in violation of this section on more than one occasion 25 during any thirty day period, provided, however, that with respect to a 26 manufacturer, it shall be an affirmative defense to a finding of 27 violation pursuant to this section that such sale or offer of sale, as 28 applicable, occurred without the knowledge, consent, authorization …

1 Like

Really how stupid are they…the insanity of these idiot politicians never ceases to amaze me.

3 Likes

Never underestimate politicians. Especially NY or CA breeds…

4 Likes

Yes, they’re a ‘special’ kind of stupid :joy::joy:

4 Likes

I used to think California was the worst, but new York not wanting to be outdone said hold my kale and watch this!

6 Likes

I’m not saying you’re out of line, but the bill appears to be Republican in origin. Am I mistaken?

3 Likes

This looks to be the NY Senate version, as opposed to the City Council version that started this thread.

4 Likes

Let’s not target ALL the vape flavors just about 99.98% of them.

Thanks New York

2 Likes