OBS CRIUS new tank

I broke out my Cthulhu v2 today after a month an it’s definitely has a very good vape. Sloppy wet doesn’t bother me though. As long as it’s not lacking in flavor… I can work with it.

1 Like

I totally got and understand the under flavor thing. It hit just like a dipper with no flavor, almost like a Tugboat to me.

BUT, when I went to twisted Ti coils it was a whole different animal. For me it is the damned leaking juice from everywhere when wicking with hemp. For some reason I cannot stand the flavor of cotton or how fast it goops up and stops wicking well. The Bellus functioned fine but it had that weak flavor with cotton and solid wire. I guess that is the other difference. Hemp is an outstanding wick…F! Kanthal vs. Ti, hemp makes cotton seem like silica. If I can’t build it with hemp. It is useless to me.

Any RTA with top fill is bound to leak at some point if there is no juice control. I’ve sold/given many tanks because of this. I almost bought the Bellus, and almost bought the Aromamizer, but even in the freaking reviews on youtube on the first fill that tank leaked lol. The Crius is now my walk/travel tank. Drippers for the house.

TFV4 has ne ver leaked on me, but the Crius has in two fills at the joint between the AFC and juice control rings…the part you cannot disassemble. Bottom fill Billow V2 leaks on me too. I don’t know if I’m just that lucky or too stupid to operate a tank.

As for the Crius, I’ve gone through two tanks on two builds and I believe it to be a thoroughly adequate tank. I like the velocity posts, but I’m a little underwhelmed with how much power it consumes and I don’t think it feeds juice as well as other tanks. For me it’s perfectly acceptable, but it’s not knocking my socks off. I really like the drip tip, but the juice control seems entirely unnecessary.

lately I’m really leaning toward the billow…and I can’t believe I’m writing this, but the Bellus easily beatsall comers on flavor, despite being an ergonomic travesty. I have yet to wick up a mutation or ohmega, but those are coming.

1 Like

Send that Crius back. I have two, and have never leaked a drop in that section…

The only place you should get leaks, is the filler hole, when you’re closing it back down. As far as the juice control, I had 3 top fill tanks with RBA decks, and they always leaked after filling. That’s pretty much all the juice control is for, or to lay it on the side all night and close the juice off.

I’d say give it another go with wicking etc. My friend and I compared his Crown, and TFV4 to my Crius, and we both prefer the Crius. Personally I keep it around .4 ohms, run it at about 40-50 watts max vg. I’ve gone down to .2, and up to 1.2. All work, but .4 is my sweet spot. If you ever want to get rid of it pm me :smiley:

Edit: Just to make this clear, all of these tanks are great, I’m not dissing any of them, the Crown is easily my go to other than this. The TFV4 just needs too many watts to do its job IMO. If the Bellus wasn’t so awkward to fill, and didn’t leak every time you filled it, that would be my favorite. The Billow is nice, along with the Goliath V2, or the Cthulu. I just love that the Crius is black, easy to wick (I suck at wicking), easy to coil, with juice control so that I can leave it in my pocket all day. If you need help with it let me know!

Had a similar conversation with Darth_Vapor, it comes down to what fits your life best and what you value and prefer. The Crius is a keeper…I wouldn’t compare the the Crown to any dual build and will be getting rid of mine, nicely machined though. I sure wish I would have known it was just a single before I impulse bought. The TFV4 on the other hand is comparable to the Crius, which is much cheaper and easier to build…oh yeah, WAY better drip tip.

I’m running 0.079 Ohms with hemp wick. The tank is all there, but it’s not outstanding in the current pack I don’t think…except perhaps ergonomically. It is easy to deal with and that will probably keep it in my rotation if it stops leaking. It is also quite the pig on battery consumption, but what isn’t at 0.079 Ohms?

2 Likes

Yeah that single coil is why I gave the crown to a friend :smile:. The Crius is just a great every day walk around with tank, and it looks great on my IPV D2. I’m surprised you can run tanks at that low of a resistance! Whenever I run below .2 my tanks start cooking.

Im running a 0.04 on my kangertech sub mini right now. And this is one tank that has never leaked at any point on me. I’ve even had deul 5 wrap 26g ss coils on here. But had to use a long big drip tipbor was way to hot to vape. Even right now i have a wide Pyrex drip tip on it. Works great. I got the crown and the billow v2 that will be here Friday. But with any tank. You got to create a vacuum of some sort when filling or it will leak. At least on me anyway lol

1 Like

Are you firing that low on a mechanical then? If not what mod can fire that low? If you are using anything other than 25Rs, a full copper mod with a magnetic spring I’m calling BS, haha. Oh, a LiPo pack would work too, huh?

TBH, the Crius doesn’t really get very hot, but I think the velocity deck and low ohms makes her very power hungry. BUT, with that much power (irrespective of tank) you generally only take 2-5 second hits. Its a pretty warm vape, but this tank hasnt been giving me much flavor without hitting it pretty hard. The Bellus at 0.3 Ohms dual 4x30ga twisted Ti gets quite hot at 45W though.

My Crius doesnt leak when you fill it as long as the juice control is shut off, it looks just sitting there, especially after you rotate teh AFC or juice control rings. . .its the joint between the too that leaks. I’ve pretty well decided the Bellus doesn’t leak, juice just drips down the “funnel” into the chimney when filling. Even just the little residue left on the eyedropper runs down and accumulates. If I dump the chimney (AFC closed) after I put the lid on I dont even get a drop, but it gurgles a bit starting up for the first time.

2 Likes

Yes i was. It was on my wismec dna200. It wouldn’t even fire on my snow wolf 200. But the wismec dna200 will fire that low. I was shocked my self bud. Right now im on my billow v2 at 0.26. A great littke atty.

The OBS CRIUS PLUS. 25mm. Looks like a winner!!!

3 Likes