Ogre spies a Grus Updated

UPDATE::::

11 Likes

A couple of questions: Did you say you can’t control the wattage in TC mode? Also, a friend of mine said he noticed a bit of battery drain compared to other single 21700 mods. Did you? Regardless, he still carries it because he likes the looks.

4 Likes

That is correct, you can not set wattage in TC mode. I don’t notice any difference in battery usage. I haven’t tried to test the battery life against any other however.

5 Likes

Battery drain is ok on mine. Longer using 40T than the Odin 100 is but the Aegis beats it.

No wattage control in TC mode at all. Not sure what it is firing at but is too high for my MTL RTA’s.

3 Likes

Well, my Odin 100 doesn’t seem too bad actually so…okay. The Aegis Max you’re referring to?

I’ve had that problem, too, with boards that determine your watts and firing too high. Adjusting the temp is not a viable solution to that. I’m not sure how firmware actually determines your power because resistance alone is not sufficient. You could have a single wire at 0.6 ohms and an MTL Clapton at 0.6 ohms and the Clapton will handle the higher power better. Vic said the Grus was conservative in TC mode for Lost Vape but he was referring to the “cut off” before your wick gets burned. He said his wick was still saturated when reaching cut off.

5 Likes

Comparing Grus OHM read
vs different other Mods with 3 different atomizers
all material @room temperature

Mod read Ohm1 Ohm2 Ohm3
grus 0.39 0.69 0.31
yihi sl 0.43 0.74 0.34
vv PULSE BF 0.45 0.77 0.35
ipV 0.43 0.73 0.33
innokin disrupter 0.43 0.75 0.33
pico 0.42 0.71 0.32
yihi t-class 0.45 0.76 0.34
8 Likes

I noticed the button placements on the Grus match up with the buttons on my Centaurus. Wonder if anyone has tried popping in a DNA 75c board into their Grus. It would make an awesome DNA mod IMO. If I had 75C board I’d try it.

11 Likes

It’s been done… On YT will hunt down the link shortly and upload :+1: Tempting…

9 Likes

Well shit…that looks easy peasy. So nice of Lost Vapes to make it simple. Gonna have to do it now.
Thanks for the link!

9 Likes

No problem Mike, might have to try this one myself. Just Need to get the right colour combo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

I like how y’all are thinking. I have a DNA 75 but not the C. I might have to go see how much I can get one for. I thoroughly liked the setup and how easy it will (should) be.

@Lostmarbles are you gonna do it?

6 Likes

maybe we can find better prices

6 Likes

yeah Dan, I think I will. Might have to wait until after the holidays though. I have two Grus mods one that works well and one that is underpowered. Need the 75C board and a little bit of silicone covered wires of the proper gauge and I’ll be ready to start modding. I believe the board runs about $60 - $70 but maybe there’s a sale.

6 Likes

@lambu you, my friend are awesome!

Ya, I think I will too. I am sure I have the proper wire and I can send you some. You won’t need much unless your gonna build some more mods.

5 Likes

Thanks Dan, that’s very generous of you to offer. I think my local hardware store has some. If not, I may just order some from whereever I get the board from. I appreciate the offer my friend.

4 Likes

No problem, I started making mods a couple of years ago, when whiterose was around doing his. He helped me with links and advice and what not but I am not very good at it and the soldering was the hardest part for me. So I kinda gave up on it but still have quite a few parts and do dads laying around so if you need a little part and you don’t want to spend 20 bucks then maybe I will have it.

6 Likes

I use to solder motherboards as part time work a long time ago. I was really rusty but found a free soldering clinic at You-do-it-Electronics. Do you have one in your vicinity?

6 Likes

Ah boo. I have a 75W Yihi SX475J laying around waiting for something to do. I don’t have a Grus only because I wasn’t impressed with the board. Grus owners, any chance the Yihi could work? Here’s some specs: (I just got an error code on both these links but you can follow the links.)

http://www.yihiecigar.com/productview/65.html

5 Likes

Would love to do this but with exchange rate and postage it becomes somewhat less worthwhile. Here, the board starts at $88 +$15 post that I can see but with the price of the Grus here that would make the price similar to a brand name DNA mod anyway…

5 Likes

I don’t know but I will check it out. Thanks!

4 Likes