Ohm Readers (that don't suck)

Heh heh GMTA! I have 4 of these guys. They are perfect

6 Likes

:grinning: awesome!

3 Likes

Using a Geek Vape Tab Pro. Itā€™s heavy, build quality is good and useful as a mod :).

7 Likes

Iā€™ll have to look for those. Sounds like the sort of thing I was talking about. The person who made the ORTDS also made Unregulated mods. I was hoping heā€™d set up shop somewhere else.

Instead of buying and modifying an OG 521 Tab, any ideas of how to add weight to my Mini Tab? My main interest is to have an ohm reader that will stay firmly in place while I build/fire coils. Do you think magnets would work? Or can you think or something else thatā€™s small and heavy that could be taped/glued to the sides?

3 Likes

I have all of my tools jammed in a box meant for jewelry supplies. They have to be carefully arranged each time I use in order for the lid to shut. Not exactly an ideal solution, but where I live everything has to be out of sight/out of mind. :confused:

3 Likes

Yeah, yeah, yeahā€¦rub it in. :wink:

3 Likes

Do you have a vape/build mat? My 521 does not slide around on one since it has rubber/silicone feet on the bottom. You can also use a small drill press vise to hold the mini tab in place. The weight of the vise should be more than enough. If you go that route, be careful not to tighten the Tab into it too hard since itā€™s plastic.

2 Likes

I just looked on Amazon for Silicone table mats meant for craft purposes. I found several that might work. For a work surface Iā€™ve been using a self-healing cutting mat which doesnā€™t have much ā€œgrip.ā€ What Iā€™m concerned about w/ the silicone mats is how flexible they are, since the only work surface I have right now is a footrest in front of an armchair. I suppose I could just place it on top of the cutting mat. Oh, how I envy people who donā€™t live in cramped quarters!

2 Likes

I meant that the little feet of the magnetic door have silicone and that helps keep it place on the mat. You can try it on a mouse pad too since they are usually the same material as a buildmat.

2 Likes

Yeah, but youā€™ve got the OG Tab. My Miniā€™s pathetic liā€™l feet donā€™t ā€œgripā€ the mat Iā€™ve got. Itā€™s too lightweight, maybe? Thatā€™s why I was thinking about getting that silicone mat, to add additional ā€œgrippiness.ā€

BUT, a different solution just presented itself. Going back to what people were saying earlier about how they just use a large mod, I did some searching. I just found a Wismec RX200 for $10 each plus shipping ($10) vs the OG Tab that wouldā€™ve come to almost $38. (kinda makes me want to buy several of the RX200, though I have no use for more than one).

4 Likes

There you go! Thatā€™s a great heavy mod and the price is even better!

3 Likes

I know, right? Thatā€™s why Iā€™m debating getting more than one. The shipping cost is the same, no matter how many I buy, so it seems a great deal. Iā€™d never be able to use it as a mod, since itā€™s ginormous, at least for me. But maybe someone needing a mod who somehow didnā€™t know about the vape mail ban would want to buy it. Or would I be needlessly spending money?

3 Likes

I still use mine till this day. They are big and heavy but great as a desk or table side mod. Make sure they do deliver to where you are though. Some vendors havenā€™t updated their sites in a while.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re getting at by saying you still use yours. Do you mean that itā€™d be worth buying more than one (to resell to others)? I would never be able to use the RX200 as anything other than a base to build/fire coils. Itā€™s far too large for my hands.

The site is almost sold out of everything and lists how many of each color they have left. Theyā€™re located here in Florida, just not within easy driving distance of me. VapinGorilla

3 Likes

If youā€™re only going to use it as a build base then 1 is enough.

3 Likes

Plus 3 batteries :+1:

3 Likes

I knew that was too good to be true. When I went to the cart I got an error message saying they werenā€™t accepting real orders/real payments. Well, if THATā€™s the case, Iā€™d be more than happy to buy that mod with fake money! :wink:

Well, that puts me back to trying to add weight to my Tab Mini. I was thinking more about the neodymium magnets, would they disrupt the Tab? Is there anything else thatā€™s just as heavy for its size that I could attach to the Mini that is also (relatively) inexpensive?

btw @MisterSinner, I tried looking around Instagram under Ohm Readers. I found a few custom ones, but the most recent one was dated 2017. I donā€™t know if I was looking in the right place, though. The only time Iā€™ve really used Instagram is when looking at mod wraps or following links. I donā€™t have any experience searching for things on there.

2 Likes

Search for Lazy Creations. He makes mods and readers.

3 Likes

Try Velcro

3 Likes

Use velcro to add weight or to attach something that adds weight? If the former, I wouldnā€™t think velcro straps would add any significant weight. If the latter, I was just going to use strips of Gorilla or Black Vinyl tape to adhere the magnets or whatever someone suggests.

2 Likes