One on One Flavorings

I mixed it at 5% with some sweet strawberry and Catalan cream. Not good. Very weird taste. Haven’t been back to it. Very earthy almost burnt taste to it. Maybe try a standalone and let it steep.

By “earthy” do you mean, tastes like straight VG with a subtle hint of flavor in the background???

For what it’s worth, I haven’t tried 1 flavor that I even remotely liked…
The 1 thing I do like is, I didn’t spend 1 cent on any of them :wink:

1 Like

Well coming from you… then I wont spend any either :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, it has flavour, not the creamy rice pudding I was hoping for. It’s like the scrapping from the bottom of a burned rice pudding. Lol.

Just made a standalone and will try that. Have the feeling it’s a non starter.

I haven’t tried them all and I will say the one flavor I thought smelled on point, was the Beignet… very yeasty smelling but I haven’t done anything that has given me that “wow” factor.
All the others I have, require insane %s and none have a true flavor that I prefer.

I will still play with the Beignet though, I want it to work!

1 Like

The Beignet has peeked my curiosity I admit it but (honestly) I would much rather wait with some of this stuff because… well… it’s easier to watch and listen to see what people think. Let me know if you have good luck with it!

2 Likes

I’m still trying to get OOO to budge on letting folks choose the flavors they would really like in a sample pack for $30, rather than being forced to deal with the flavors OOO wants to sell in a sample pack. I haven’t gotten a straight answer yet as to why they won’t bend on this issue. :thinking: Seems fishy to me.

2 Likes

Give it time, they will…theyll hafta after it sits on the shelf too long, cause the word is out

1 Like

Ahhh man I was excited about ordering from this company until I finished reading this thread LOL! Now I’m not sure. I just got into DIY and have only placed one order through TFA. I still think I want to try SB sour belt but I’m thinking twice about the other $50 in my cart. Maybe I should be looking at CAP or FA before OOO.

One on One has some Freebies: http://oneononeflavors.com/collections/free-diy-flavoring and a free premixed flavor: http://oneononeflavors.com/collections/free-e-liquid-30ml/products/free-e-liquid-30ml

You only get 1 Free item If you put all 9 free items in your cart you are going to pay a higher shipping rate but only get 1 free item.

I also ordered some Cream Milky Undertone and Butter Toffee based on Amy’s recommendation.

5 Likes

I think you’ll like them. They all do well in bakery juices.

4 Likes

Thanks Amy, your help has been real valuable and I appreciate the knowledge you share :clap:

2 Likes

Ah shucks thanks ! I hope you do like the flavors !

1 Like

Amy
Hi can you let me know how the pop pastry was and what can you use with .
Pink squares too it sounds great just idea with them in use I’m getting sugar cone , cream milk undertones . Would like To know about there ice cream flavors I’ve not seen as yet any thing on them .
Let me know that’s

2 Likes

Please what is beignet flavor ?

1 Like

Hi Karen ! I am still working with the pop pastry some of these flavors I am realizing take at least a month to month in a half to really get going. They may not be for everyone because of this. I’ve had multiple testings with several of the newer ones like vanilla frosting comes alive after 4 weeks, pop pastry I have a feeling is going to be in that class too it is mimicking a pop tart w/o the glazed sweetness you may add some Cap’s glazed donut to get that icing effect along with a cake batter to get the doughy sweetness down.

Beignets is a New Orleans treat deeply loved in the south here is a link http://www.neworleansonline.com/neworleans/cuisine/traditionalfoods/beignets.html I guess you could say they are to New Orleans what a Cannoli is to Italy a delectable treat !

Pink Square is attempting to replicate Pink starburst candy all in one w/o adding additional sweet/sour/citrus notes I find the more I play with it the better it is by itself in attempting to just be a pink starburst start off around 7-8% stand alone and see where you like it best.

Also while the newer flavors have a longer steep time they all seem to be falling in the 2.75-3.50% usage range give or take so ymmv and you may feel they’re ready before the month’s up. My advice is to make a larger batch to see what it’s like over time testing and sampling it , that has been a drawback for me I’d make a batch think it was ok then would come back and it was great to end up with like 4 mls of great juice :smile: but that’s a gamble like anything else is so I may just shoot for around 15 mls that way I can try a few mls out at different stages.

Hope this helps.

Forgot to mention Beignets is very much a mixer no sweetness in it on a stand alone ( again as always ymmv ) but I found I really like it anywhere from 1- 3.5% great flavor to add an additional layer of depth for breadiness and has a better taste to me than joy FA which can come off weird at higher ratios.

4 Likes

Solace how are these flavors I’m interested if they been good stand alone or in good recipes .

1 Like

Thank you u described it perfectly
The pink square sounds good I never get of northwest .
Now if ice cream is good I’ve wanted to try for long time just hear bad reviews has to be one good review …

1 Like

I haven’t tried their Ice Cream sorry, but I can tell you of an Ice cream that is always very very good and that is Liquid Barn’s Vanilla Ice Cream https://www.liquidbarn.com/products/vanilla-ice-cream-eliquid-extract

and I’m starting to see real promise in Real Flavor’s ice cream ( which is Vg based ) https://www.realflavors.com/products/vanilla-ice-cream both of these places usually have an ELR discount check the resource page and you may have to use the search bar for real flavors discount code…but it your just a small sample try it out kinda gal like me I buy a large portion of RF concentrates here http://gremlindiy.com/flavors/real-flavors/

I can’t say enough good things about Gremlin DIY they make their own blends as well and tbh I am hooked on their white cake and the pixie dust and the red , white & blue cake oh I could go on I need some flavor intervention hee hee

3 Likes