Ooh looky here.... Chefs reopening?

DarkStar bought Chefs…

4 Likes

Who is Darkstar? Are they a rebotter or are they an arm of Flavor Arts? Is their business plan like Flavor Jungle?

3 Likes

Darkstar was a competitor. They obviously bought it for the one shots.

As in the states you can be a company doing business as. So darkstar purchased and just gets added to their portfolio. So its owned by darkstar but doing business as Chefs

3 Likes

Do you really like the search bar on the bottom on your apple device? When it switched it drove me mental.

2 Likes

I don’t like that at all. I was buying from 6 or 7 UK shops (before Brexit) and Darkstar was not one of them; they were never competitive enough price-wise, neither they had any meaningful brand selection for DIYers to pull the trigger. Me not happy.

5 Likes

OK. It still doesn’t answer my questions. They only offer one Major manufacturer of vape flavors and that is Flavor Arts. What’s their business plan? Do they only offer Flavor Arts once single flavor 's once the inventory of other flavor house’s are depleted much like Flavor Jungle? Is their One shots line FA only?

3 Likes

I meant for the EU - they only have DPD or DHL (10 or 20 pounds) shipping atm, while regular Royal Mail was around 3 pounds. One would argue that 10 pounds for shipping is not too much to complain, but let’s see…

I made about 10 orders last year precisely because of cheap shipping, which allowed me making micro orders of 12-20 flavors (for about 20 pounds), while now i’ll have to order for 60+ pounds to make the difference (which means i will probably be ordering once a year probably).

Next, because of very cheap shipping i was able to catch all discounts and their promotions, which now i obviously won’t be able (meaning paying more $$$ at the end).

And then there was another cookie last year – we didn’t have to pay taxes on orders from the UK if under 22 pounds in total, while Chefs didn’t charge them either (they had IOSS based on which we should be charged in our own countries, but that never happened). That was highly beneficial again = saving us another 20% of regular taxes (VAT) + another __% for not paying import taxes. Now we will be charged both.

It all counts at the end, so here is what i was able to do last year: by making an order of 12-20 flavors i’ve got the following discounts:

• regular discounts + even more discounted prices for some flavors
  • (+ chefs huge discounts like 40% on top of that)
  • another extra 20% discount due to taxes not paid + not being charged import taxes + no bureaucratic handling costs (that was all legal btw)
  • regular shipping which was same price as regular domestic shipping.

DIY’ers heaven. I paid 25€ at the end for 15-20 flavors with often more than 75% discount (sometimes 90% discount for some flavors) compared to what i would pay today for these same flavors.

6 Likes

And then this shitty 30ml bottles… if this stays i won’t be ordering at all (meaning i will make one order every 2 or 3 years in this case and that would be just what i need, not new flavors or what i’d like to test).

I always buy 10ml and i probably bought less than a dozen of 30ml bottles in my life; have 500 flavors and 95% of those i will never finish; so it doesn’t make any sense to me buying 30ml even if they offer them on huge discount compared to 10ml (if 10ml is one pound i would rather take this than pay 1.50 for 30ml for unknown flavor for example).

I hope they’ll be offering 10ml (but i fear they won’t because Darkstar was always offering 30ml only i think; correct me if i’m wrong)

5 Likes

No one knows. Im pretty sure it was all about chefs one shots. But the fact that the original owners are selling the chefs one shots its quite weird. Unless once they are selling the rest of the inventory on the chefs website thats it. Who knows. But darkstar sells all brands of concentrates. I have nor will i buy from them. They are overpriced. Or another thing they could move their whole company under the chefs website. Who knows

6 Likes

Yes never did they have 10ml. If i recall it was 30 90 250 weird way of doing it thats what put me off. Then the prices. Thats why i was using chefs and vapable

5 Likes

Flavourah (like they say) are 10ml bottles for E2.06 = about $2.36 US. (that’s regular UK price for FLV anyway; 2.79 - 25%; but you can get Alpine SB for this price too atm).

4 Likes

I’ve heard the Chefs One Shots that DarkStar have listed is their own mix (using Chefs OG names) and probably won’t taste the same… this has not been confirmed yet tho…

6 Likes

I don’t think it’s been mentioned here but after reading the comments I had a look and found this.
So as far as I’m concerned Chefs closed and haven’t reopened.

Edit… Don’t know why the link didn’t completely happen so the continuation says “ are limited to the following flavours “ which is far from what I’d use them for regardless.

7 Likes

That’s looking like it @Gazza7. Thank you for pointing that rather IMPORTANT point out.

If you are ordering from somewhere else, you can still order but are limited to the products listed below. For more information please email us at info@chefsflavours.co.uk

That is a shame.

4 Likes

Its all darkstar products other then the chefs one shots. Prices are same as darkstars website so yes chefs is closed and its just darkstars new website. I bet they end up closing down darkstar just for the chefs name by taking their web domain

4 Likes

Probably but i would buy it from the formers on their website. Go with the creators of it not the new ones just went to see if darkstar sold a few whats listed on chefs under that name and they didnt carry the three i looked at on darkstar

3 Likes

I’m still waiting for the island to sink into the sea.

3 Likes

Edit: Just did a dummy order and this all came up:

Edit:

If you’re purchasing to a budget, Chefs is still cheaper than buying in Aus (8 x 30ml @ VE = $103.60) but you have to buy the 30ml or above… :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Hey @SessionDrummer do you know if this is CSC rebranded or an entirely different brand?

Chefs Pantry – Chefs Flavours

(edit - i have to sign off, be back later)

5 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out WHO’s doing WHAT over there, and I have no clue on those…

Yet …

6 Likes