Opinions on what flavor to use for a Fried Egg effect

I have been trying to come up with the Perfect (or closest I can get to perfect) for me French Toast and Syrup mix since shortly after I started mixing regularly over a year ago. I made a post not too long ago asking if CAP had done away with their FT flavor (which they have ) because I had heard from several people it was the closest to the real thing… So I can’t get that one but I have a couple of good ones that I think I have found a good blend of 2 FT flavors and a Cinnamon Pastry type flavor that is really pretty good…but… It is still missing that “EGG” coated taste. I was thinking a custard would be the way to go to get that egg profile and I know for me the FA Custard has too much of a citrus taste to it and I don’t want that in my FT. So in your opinions which custard do you think would work best for what I am needing? Or… is there a flavor out there that’s available in the US that is a Fried Egg/ish or Egg Coating type taste that I just have no clue about?
As always Thank you all in Advance for any and all help… :blush::blush:

6 Likes

Real flavours french toast is a pretty complete flavour. But if you want Egg FA have a Cooked Egg yolk (not sure if it is safe to vape you would have to research)

6 Likes

Lots of mixer doesn’t like inawera custard because it’s too eggy… Maybe you could try that?

6 Likes

RF is one of the FT that I have and it is a really good FT but it is a little more Maple Syrup than bready / eggy FT to me. Thank you for your response.

6 Likes

I haven’t tried INW Custard, so it may very well work if lots of people say it’s too eggy tasting. I thought about using CAP Vanilla Custard but I am not a fan of it or their Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. I think it is their Vanilla flavor I am not big on maybe. So I know that wouldn’t work in it. But Thank you for your help I will def jot down INW Custard to keep in mind. Much appreciated.

5 Likes

eh go for the eggroll… health cabin or the cheesecake… either one has a big eggy taste

https://www.healthcabin.net/10ml-vapelf-sweets-concentrated-flavors-p/18507.html

in fact I think the eggroll has the grease too :smile:

5 Likes

I have “almost” got HC Eggroll sooooo many times but then I back out and take it out of the cart lol… I’m glad I didn’t get it those times though because I had it in my head from what I read and the couple of recipes I seen it in that it was gonna be more of a fried light pastry type taste. lol Man how disappointed would I have been to mixed using it with that in mind and vaped a Big Fried Egg lol… Thank you so much Smoky

5 Likes

But since the Eggroll has the greasy aspect too I bet that would work out perfectly for it. I may have to cave in and get it and pay the $6.95 shipping that diyvaporsupply charges to order 1-5 flavors… Insanity! It kills my soul to pay that but anything for the never ending quest of the perfect FT vape lol…

6 Likes

well you never know… if it’s too “crusty”… you could turn it to crepes… pancakes… :blush:

4 Likes

The possibilities are ENDLESS!!! Who knows I may like it so much I have to reorder a BIG bottle of it.

6 Likes

The risks we all take to make the “perfect” recipe lol… :smile: I hope it might work out for you!

6 Likes

Fingers Crossed :crossed_fingers: I think I will try a mix using FLV Vanilla Custard tomorrow just for the hay of it see how it turns out until I can get an order in for the EGG order lol. I will def order the Eggroll to try out I think it will be one I would use often even if it doesn’t work exactly for my FT. If I don’t like it, it isn’t gonna be the first flavor I ordered that just sits there staring at me being unused lol… Thank you for your help I appreciate it loads and loads.

5 Likes

@a_jhasty0830 @woftam nailed it. It really doesn’t need much tweaking. You could add a splash of INW Custard or CAP VC if you wanted to boost, but you might be surprised when you try it solo.

4 Likes

I did a SFT when I first got it in, I tried it after 24 hours, 8 days and again at 2 weeks steep and it is a really great FT but it is a little Maple heavier to me than anything I have done a mix of it with a couple drops of OOO FT and it added that crispy just shy of being a little charred edges taste to it which made it that much better but still missing something so next time I added 1% Cinnamon Pastry and that made the breadiness stand out more for me now I am just missing the Fried Eggy part of it. Once I find the right flavor to give it the Egginess it will be perfect for me. I am almost positive it will be. That is the only thing my mix is missing now is that Egg.

5 Likes

@a_jhasty0830

5 Likes

That’s the same problem I’ve been having since cap disco’d their French toast.

Everyone seems to over do the syrup. Or worse, use Maple for the syrup. :rage:
Maple on French toast… Pffbbt.

5 Likes

I order savory flavors from FA all the time, like Corn & Butter etc. I have not tried the Egg Yolk, but if I was desperate for a true, cooked egg taste I would give it a go. That flavor contains the usual warnings (like Corn & Butter) about Diacetyl/Diketones, so use at your own risk.

6 Likes

I usually order from BCF and they don’t have the Egg Yolk so I had no clue there was such a flavor lol… Thank you for your help…

5 Likes

Thank You for helping… much appreciated

3 Likes

I hate that I totally missed out on CAP FT… I have heard amazing things about it and … I can’t get it… Story of my life… I will get it figured out and find my perfect FT that suits my taste buds even if it takes the next 20 years… Lets hope I get it much much sooner than that. lol

5 Likes