Palm VG Availability?

Saw this posted on ECF
Indonesia bans palm oil exports as global food inflation spikes | Reuters

7 Likes

As far as i understand it, the export of byproducts is still going. Just no more oil.

6 Likes

Ive been curious about this as i read something about the ban a month or so ago. Did ECF have any more information or speculations? Pretty sure this just affected palm oils.

6 Likes

I agree, i havent read anything about glycerin. I watch the prices pretty closely as im down to my last gallon. Ive been waiting for a price drop but they have been pretty steady, and stupid high.

6 Likes

I’m more worried about prices honestly. I’m down to 2 gallons, price increases on top of a probable hike in shipping are concerning. As far as ecf remarks one is planning on stocking up and the rest is just more speculation like here.

5 Likes

The article did mention possible problems with all palm products.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info and i agree, it is what i am watching for as well. Im getting low here, about a gallon left, and i vape a lot. Havent had to purchase since NR stopped selling to us folks.

And that does it. Ill be placing an order that i didnt want to make just yet.

5 Likes

single coil rdas, 22mm, steady tootin and go through a 60ml in about 5 days

3 Likes

I got a nice one, best flavour ever. 200 bucks. Made in Indonesia, small batch, doesn’t leak. hmu

3 Likes

I think its time to purchase a Drum…Elr member get gallo s for cost plus shipping

7 Likes

Back in the early days we used to do group buys for flavors.

5 Likes

You could set up a gas station type thing. Everybody drives up with a jerry can and you top 'em off.

6 Likes

JAKARTA, April 22 (Reuters) - Indonesia, the world’s top palm oil producer, announced plans to ban exports of the most widely used vegetable oil on Friday, in a shock move that could further inflame surging global food inflation.

The halting of shipments of the cooking oil and its raw material, widely used in products ranging from cakes to cosmetics, could raise costs for packaged food producers globally and force governments to choose between using vegetable oils in food or for biofuel. Indonesia counts for more than half of global palm oil supply.

6 Likes

I went ahead and ordered 3 gallons from delosi. Figure better safe than sorry.

8 Likes

Good thinking @Letitia.

5 Likes

I have typically tried to keep 6 to 8 gallons on hand . Im down to about 3.5 so i just ordered 2 from Glycerin Supplier . Im thinking about 3 more from delosi , but. I need to make sure its palm .

6 Likes

That’s what I’ll do as well! Better be safe then sorry…

6 Likes

I haven’t seen a price change in the UK, though I tend to care about PG more.

3 Likes

Well, shoot, I’m down to my last few liters, and a gallon. Maybe I should grab some. Yellow Matter custard will take up half of that lololol plus my usually failed sample recipes…:woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

We’re already facing a shortage up here so I’ve been doing an extraction process from cheap liquid hands soap from the dollar tree, my custards taste like aloe, but she chucks.

2 Likes