Palm VG Availability?

While mixing today decided to check my VG stock. I have about a gallon left from a 2.5 Nic River bottle I purchased just before they stopped shipping it for free. I also found a gallon (unopened) that I forgot about from a Essential Depot glycube… It looks fine / no evidence of water impingement or discoloration (was stored in a cabinet /low moisture location). My question for y’all is - it is dated with a use by date of March 2018. -Thoughts?

3 Likes

Taste a bit on your finger and if that tastes normal drip a little into an RDA. I store mine in a cool dry place and have vaped VG that was 2 years old, it was fine. Best to test it first tho.

4 Likes

YYY…I mentioned to my non-vaping (but supportive) nicotine gum chewing wife, who immediately sent me this worthless BS article (obviously written by some moron who knows little about vaping) Does Vape Juice Expire? Can Vape Juice Go Bad - UPENDS - Best Wholesale Vape Supplier - then she sent me another more optimistic one https://www.diyproducts101.com/can-vegetable-glycerin-go-bad/?msclkid=39ac2ecec66911ec856d44a02ad23a48&fbclid=IwAR2eCYwSghRhYIt-_3eQd4Ytoenz_Nka4yTeop9Yd5UyIFg79x-DIlR4pzQ

I was just telling her that I was going to taste it and vape it straight before mixing it to make sure it is good.

There are so many misconceptions about vaping - it’s awful “preservatives in e-liquid & deterioration of PG into toxic compounds are some of the worst ones”

4 Likes

The world is filled with stupid, its pretty scary really. I have vaped ejuice that was 4 and 5 years old with no problems. I do store all mine in glass. Sure, the products can and do expire but it is all about knowledge, if you know how to store it properly they will last long past their expiration dates.

4 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes, I just called Delosi, and he stated they use soy based. They tried using palm but had major ph tollerence issues from drum to drum.

5 Likes

Not sure I have ever used Soy based. Also, Indonesia can’t possibly prohibit export for an extended period of time, they are probably just driving the global market to extract a premium price for it, when they commence sales again.

Has anyone ever vaped Soy vs Palm based side by side? There is a lot of conjecture, looking for actual 1st hand anecdotal opinion?

3 Likes

@HVPGH I’ve been Palm based specific for ever. I DID test some Delosi VG, and it was clean, clear, and the THICKEST VG I have ever used. I didn’t notice any taste difference.

The Rep that I spoke with was very friendly, and knowledgeable. He stated in great detail that when they tried using the Palm based, it was VERY inconsistent from barrel to barrel regarding PH. This caused QUITE a bit of issues when using it as a base for their NIC.

5 Likes

Theoretically, vg = vg.

4 Likes

I’ll add a caveat to my comment - we all know that nicotine is supposed to be the same, but there are clearly differences between brands, I always liked Chemnovatic and sometimes Nude as being the cleanest (never tired Carolina​ Xtract) i.e, I always liked Musim Mas VG over Essential Depot or even Liquid Barn (their VG is also very good quality). So there have to be slight taste differences (or perhaps qualitative ones) beteen VG brands/production runs.

6 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes have to tested/used the VG from GS yet ?

3 Likes

And whats the shipping like?

I remember getting Glycubes for 70 bucks with free shipping UPS…

2 Likes

We have Amazon Prime - they still are shipping VG free with it …my next purchase is prolly going to be from there (sooner or later)

3 Likes

Me too, i found a Palm based for 33.99/gallon. Im wondering what the shipping of the Glycerin Supplier is as they have 4 gallons for 109 but im too lazy to sign up for an account just to check the shipping, lol.

4 Likes

I have some VG that does not say where it’s derived from but the popular thought is: if it isn’t mentioned, assume its soy.
Been vaping it for about a month now and I’ve noticed no difference in taste and no noticeable side effects. With my less refined ghetto-palette, I never noticed the “sweet” in palm derived VG, and I can taste no difference from a drop on the tongue or VG only vape.

But that’s just me. I’m sure there are others who’ll argue the opposite.

6 Likes

Thanks,

5 Likes

If you purchase it directly from GS - they are charging $109.99/4 (cube) and FedX to FL for example is $23.18 (total $133.17 or $33.30 ea) -One gallon direct is $28.99 with $13.18 shipping ($42.17) cheaper at Amazon.

I would end up probably with a gallon in the back of my cupboard -expired by the time I got to the 4th one :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Soy based VG is almost certainly GMO (if anyone cares about that).

5 Likes

Nice, thank you. I was checking out this one:

Been on my DIY wish list for awhile.

6 Likes

was looking at this one last night …before I discovered my 2018 expired vintage today …now I’m going to break it open next time I need to add to my working bottle

3 Likes

Well said. I think half my over 100 Flavorahs, were past Best Before date.

4 Likes