Pecan pie suggestions please

Yes, something…anything…to bring the sweetness without introducing unwanted flavors or muting others. BS will provide some sweetness but I agree, by itself it won’t achieve a really sweet taste. But that’s not what I’m thinking with regard to the higher BS content - it’s more the caramelized sugar taste that BS provides. Good Pecan Pie has that in abundance. Well, it does in my opinion anyway :stuck_out_tongue: So perhaps if I were to make this with that high BS content and it didn’t taste sweet enough, some liquid Stevia would be the thing. I’ve got some of the Pyure but again, no pie crust. The closest thing I have is TPA Apple Pie and INW Biscuit. I don’t think I could pull it off, so since i’m only just speculating here, why the hell am I contributing in the first place? LOL, looking in the mirror, shaking my head and saying some people Hehe.

2 Likes

Try a combination of Cookie and Biscuit…heheheh :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Do you have pistachio TFA ? It is a sweeter nut flavor than the pecan TFA you may be able to get away with using it along with you butter pecan FW to lift up the nuttiness and bring up the sweetness as well …just a thought. I mix different nuts to achieve a better taste and it has worked most of the time. Also the Kent. Bourbon makes batches bitter to a degree. If you have some molasses TFA now that may be a good sub to go w/ split the brown sugar in half % wise and use molasses.

Something more in the way of this, it is only a sketch I didn’t make this just writing it up for the thread.
so it’s private.

pecan pie

Ingredient %
Brown Sugar Extra (TPA) 0.5
Butter Cream (FW) 1.26
Butter Pecan (FW) 4
Cookie (FA) 0.76
Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) (FA) 0.76
Molasses (TPA) 0.5
Pistachios Clear (TPA) 3.5
Salted Caramel (FW) 2
Toffee Dream Cream (FW) 2

Flavor total: 15.27%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
2 Likes

I was thinking about trying out pecan pie by delosi to see if that can help me get there. But imo well all the ones I tried were terrible. But they were the first flavorings ive ever purchased so in there defense I had no idea what I was doing too.

I still am a fan of their SB, WTM, Lemon , honeydew, and Mocha flavors but otherwise some of the ones I tired lately are weak and not very flavorful like the Apricot is nice just not strong enough.

let me know how that turns out

okay I’m laughing my butt off… BS brings out the sweetness… scroll on hahahaha it just tickled me

1 Like

holy crap pistachio you are a genius Amy!

1 Like

Some of their flavors are quite good. Not all though just like any other company. I imagine it won’t hurt to give it a try…

It’s just a thought the TFA variety clear pistachio is quite sweet and lends a bit of nut / sweetness.

1 Like

that would have never crossed my mind!

1 Like

Those Pecan bars with Marzipan. That may be a good flavor to try in a pecan pie :wink:

4 Likes

And according to HIC the Marzipan lends a good bit of sweetness too.

2 Likes

I like where your going with the marzipan " baked almond essence " yessss !

I went with this one and I tried it right away ( I never do that anymore ) it’s weaker on flavor and still needs a boost but I’ve run out of available room % wise and have hit beyond my limit on pg usage so will have to steep it and re attempt if it steeps out to be nasty

pecan pie

Ingredient %
Brown Sugar Extra (TPA) 0.5
Butter Cream (FW) 1.26
Butter Pecan (FW) 4
Cookie (FA) 1
Joy (FA) 0.4
Molasses (TPA) 0.5
Pistachios Clear (TPA) 3.5
Salted Caramel (FW) 2
Toffee Dream Cream (FW) 3
Vanilla Butternut (FW) 0.76

Flavor total: 16.91%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

I have a feeling too much creaminess is taking over the nuttiness…may have to add an additional nut like FW or FA hazelnut under 1% to bring up that note along with pistachio staying under 3.5%

but the marzipan may do the trick where I thought of the hazelnut…

1 Like

I have used the Marzipan in a couple recipes. And yeah, it will sweeten up a recipe, and will give it that nice Almond butter flavor. I love it.

1 Like

Think I could sub out that Molasses with FA maple syrup?

I think maple would over power the pecan but it’s worth a try… My version is weak atm and am relying on steeping to see where it goes the pistachio picks up a lil w/ steeping so b4 I mess around w/ it I will wait.

I have done maple pecan FW w/ butter pecan FW in the past… Maple FA may be just fine thou give it a shot, thou I’d certainly stay under 1% .

I’ll do that … if my kids ever go to sleep this weekend… if not it’s a Monday thing LOL I’ve got a huge sweet tooth

1 Like

Just wondering how old are your kids lol

1 Like

my youngest two are 9 and 12 the ones I can’t mix around… the twins are 19 then I have a 25 year old not at home :slight_smile:

1 Like