PEI and/or POM safe for agressive tank crackers?

I saw some cracks in my Wasp/VLS/entheon/ PC caps. Just from some TOB ( i assume, ry4 from it) and liqua minty fruits.

I’ve read a long list of juices that will most definitely kill PC caps, but i also saw PEI and POM replacement caps for wasp, ~ 2.5 $. The VLS will have to be purchased again to have a pei cap.

Is POM or PEI ( Ultem) safe for these aggressive juices ?

If they aren’t i need to go again through the hell of picking one 22mm rda lol - metal cap this time, everyone argues nard/c/a/ haku/entheon/flave, it’s an endless fight on reddit…

Thanks a bunch

2 Likes

my guess was mints did that as I know of a couple (TPA Spearmint being one) known to crack tanks, I think we need a wordy response from @Raven-Knightly in order to clear this up

4 Likes

Meister of Bavarian Cream: We look to you regarding experience/expertise surrounding being cracked. :thinking:

4 Likes

:smiley: Hahaha

3 Likes

well, that some of them crack PC is no mystery.

The question really is: but do they crack POM or PEI…

i look at all of these new high end tanks, 220eur or more
…big names…all pc tanks. the hell?

2 Likes

If a chemical substance attacks plastic polymers, what might you imagine that it may do to one’s lungs ? :thinking:

2 Likes

well, I’ve seen this thread and was thinking someone will post something similar.great post!

or something like: look mints (tpa, cap, vapable…) cracked my tank (), be aware.
custards…im not a big fan i can vape them in zerk or throw them ayay if i dont like them, but fruity minys…are the juices that i really really like. MTL or DL

4 Likes

If my lungs were made of plastic polymers I would think they’d crack, since they’re not, I don’t know :wink:

4 Likes

Fair enough, Josephine ! It looks like the (probably) dominant “mechanism” has a fancy name (Solvolysis).

4 Likes