Phil Busardo Ares

Designed by Phil

9 Likes

Ok i like the screw hard ware. Most hex and phillips head strip out. Those look hardy.

4 Likes

Have you tried it? Do you love it?

3 Likes

Looks sharp! A good MTL RTA is hard to find.

5 Likes

as far looking the deck looks like a very promising MTL rta :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Expert design! Covers so many check boxes… Domed top, single coil, Genesis style wicking with easy access channels, healthy reservoir size.

Digging it! And I haven’t done MTL in a looooong time! Nice job Phil!

2 Likes

Looking at a reddit post I may be available at the end of November.

3 Likes

I’m not sure I’d set my schedule by Reddit… :laughing: :wink:

3 Likes

It would be great though if it was available by Black Friday !!!

3 Likes

I’m sure that’s what he’s shooting for!

I was just having a laugh with the auto-correct bloopers as usual. :wink:

2 Likes

Yup. Leave it to my big fat thumbs to do some damage. Lol.

3 Likes

Not just that… Predictive algorithms have a mind of their own (that is their job after all…). But I swear, what’s intended to be an assistant, frequently turns into one more thing to babysit. /sigh
So I’d rather laugh at it :wink:

It’s the little things that make my day go smoother, and faster! :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting for a MTL RTA to come out that has some input from someone who knows what that means.

Would love to have seen:

• Knurling on the parts that need unscrewing.
  • A bottom feeder rather than mid.

I like the quick access fill port as long as it is wide enough for a glass dropper.

Deck looks nice and simple to build on

24th November its a Friday :thinking:

2 Likes

I thought I recognized this tank… Very similar… :thinking:

1 Like

Don’t forget the cotton guides to keep the juice from the airhole!

1 Like

That’s what I was referring to by “easy access channels”… At least I think we’re talking about the same thing :wink: :grinning:

3 Likes

Lol, you say potato I say potahto!

3 Likes

I bought a Coilart 24 mm RGA Mage a couple of weeks ago. It is remarkably similar. Single coil deck, Domed . While I don’t think it was intended to be MTL, it can be dialed back to a restrictive airflow. I really,CAMGTA-4T really like this . Great flavor.

3 Likes

Risking upsetting Phil ( I love his in depth reviews) but having recently bought the Ares I have two problems with it.

1. I find the air adjustment very loose and find I have to check it frequently.
  2. Top fill opens too easily, I tend to keep it in my trouser pocket and when I am bending a lot have ended up with a near empty tank and a wet pocket.
    Apart from these points I think it’s a great tank, easy to work with and produces a good draw on the mid size single hole. Also getting good flavour and no leaking with 30/70 juice (except when point happens)
2 Likes

Yes. Skinny jeans are the root of all the problems with leaky tanks. Lol.

4 Likes