I’m still alive just haven’t posted for a hot minute.
Oh boy…it has been a hot minute since I have popped on elr. Still vaping, hiking, mixing and so on.
Oh…and still taking photos. ![]()
![]()
![]()
Damn I miss wrenching!
Too old, these days…
Picked up a 69 Pontiac Le Mans. No rust in California. “Kinda” cloned it to a GTO. Can’t say a real clone since I replaced the 350 ci, with a 455, not a 400. Edelbrock performance plus, cam, intake and carb, Pontiac’s GTO exhaust manifold, which to me was kinda of a manifold.headers.
6 speed granny tranny so my wife could get the car moving without melting the tires. I “think” the rear end ratio was 4.1:1.
Since a bored out 455 is pretty close to an 8 liter I replaced the GOAT label with ate liters.
First photo is the constitution. Iron-sides. Next is 1 side of 4 sheets of schematics. Next. A dime to give an idea of scale. The cannon started out as 30 pcs including rope and cleats. Last, the objects to the right of a coronade started out as a straight wire.
Regarding Iron Sides. Took me a little over 3 years to build, but before I went to bed of an evening, it was intact and beautiful. When I got up the next morning it was on the floor in front of the book case.
The kitten we’d gotten the day before was the likely culprit. The wife made me take it to the pound. Instead of hanging it by a yardarm.
Man, that first photo is awesome!
That could be either the Scientologists invading Mt. Shasta again, or the galaxy.
Thanks…I love being able to take star pictures of Mt Rainer. Sadly the area is closed due to wildfire activity.
Love those clouds in that photo. I have only been able to see that once in all my travels.
There’s a City near Mt Shasta called Weed, California, where we lived for a few years. Beautiful country up there. Arm pit of a town, but at least everyone graduates from weed high.
While I was there, I heard of some of the legends and became fascinated. Did some research.
I can see Native Americans worshiping the phenomenon, but modern man? Well… No, can’t say as I’m surprised.










