Plastic juice bottles

They’re handy little boogers! :grinning:

1 Like

except for those that could kill themselves with a rusty spoon.

4 Likes

I use hot water only, then if you want to then use Miltons tablets. It kills any bacteria and viruses, I mean they use it to sterilise baby bottles. It also doesn’t leave a taste behind. It is cheap, and you use a tablet to wash a ton of bottles.
Also, stick to your flavours, so if you made a menthol in a bottle, don’t use the same bottle next time to make a custard. If I make the exact flavour, I don’t even bother washing the bottle. Just rinse.

6 Likes

I reuse the 500ml VG and PG empties for the favorite mixes. Because it’s only VG/PG, I don’t rinse them out and I’ll refill the bottle with the same juice mix after a quick rinse. I reuse my 50ml empties with the same mixes as well. Because those get open/closed more often and are in backpacks/pocets etc, I usually let the caps and tips soak in mild detergent and rinse/dry.

1 Like

I reuse plastic commercial bottles but I only have a few as I wasn’t smart enough to save before I started diy’ing. My son still buys commercial but whenever he finds a good one he likes he will save the bottle for me and I’ll reuse it to mix similar flavors for him. All empty plastic bottles I buy/bought I do reuse. Sometimes I don’t wash them out, ie: if I just finished a bottle of MMU then I immediately go mix up a fresh batch using same bottle, in these instances I’ll wash every other mix.

2 Likes

For my larger batches of my favorite mixes I don’t wash the bottles, actually I like to leave 10-20% of juice in the bottle and add to that when I remix the same recipe. It’s called seed steeping, which I didn’t even know was a thing until @SessionDrummer brought it up in another thread awhile back.

8 Likes

Seeding baby @Rocky02852 !!!

8 Likes

I lost my bottle opener tool about a year ago, decided to order a new one last week. Murphy’s Law - I found my old one 2 hours after placing the order! :crazy_face:

11 Likes

Sounds about right…
/smh and laughing

6 Likes

Yep, but if you hadn’t ordered a new one, the original one would not have appeared. It’s magic !!

7 Likes

So true!!! :thinking:

5 Likes

BREAKING NEWS !

I just threw out my very first juice bottle. it was leaking in the middle = i am sure you know what i mean.

7 Likes

It works … I bought 2 …(I tend to lose things) I do notice the tops that have a thicker base (where the opener lifts from) open much easier then the thinner base… The thinner ones kinda look chewed up… But a thin razor blade inserted between the base and bottle come off with a twist of the blade…

4 Likes

my husband has been able to fit his finger nail under the edge as they’re just pressure fitted

3 Likes

I know I been using hot water
Tiny bit of dish liquid an now been using adrop of"goo gone"
For the outside rinsing well of course

5 Likes