Plastic juice bottles

Just wondering if anyone does or has reused old empty juice bottles to hold diy juices that they have made as I have 11 commercially made juice bottles and would like to be able to reuse them when I start to make my own juices

6 Likes

Hi, yes I’m using a couple of them 120ml, I wish I saved more of them

5 Likes

how did you clean them as I have 60ml bottles

3 Likes

I cleaned them with hot water

5 Likes

running water, hot water, dish soap soak and rinse, soak in alcohol. there are many ways to clean it.

6 Likes

@Neatvape and @delltrapp also how do you open them without damaging the “unicorn” tip

3 Likes

Is it possible to attach a pic of the bottle?

3 Likes

They are talking about it here.

5 Likes

that is all i use. i just rinse with water. “do yourself a favor” get the bottle opener tool.

5 Likes

oh, fyi = the bottles do wear out, you will see what i mean.

5 Likes

scuse the save on foods shopping bag in the background

5 Likes

yeah, thats them.

3 Likes

As they said you better buy the opener tool,

3 Likes

No worries about the food bag…or as I call it the dog poop bag! :rofl:

Yes the tool helps…but I just use a knife and party gently. But I don’t reuse a lot of plastic bottles.

When starting out…I used to just add 3-12 glass bottles when ordering flavors. Especially helpful when your trying to get the cost up for free shipping. To be honest I haven’t really had a need to order bottles in years and have 20 backups ready for when the mood strikes to mix a ton of juice.

4 Likes

Yes, I clean / reuse all my bottles as many times as I can. Just wash rinse and let dry. I put them in a cardboard box lined with paper towels on the bottom, and when dry I transfer them into large ziplock baggies. (I got a lot of bottles :rofl: )

8 Likes

I’m a newbie, but frequently reused plastic bottles before DIY. Did a hot water rinse, dry and reused. The only precaution I used was reusing them for similar tasting flavors. It worked well for me. Because I am new to DIY, I have ordered a number of 30ml and 60ml plastic bottles to get started. In the last month, I have about 20 flavors either in use or steeping. As I modify my recipes, I will reuse the same bottles, but with new labels.

4 Likes

/problem solved

5 Likes

I’ve read numerous times to use Cold water to rinse. Heat makes the porous plastic expand which can allow flavor molecules to become trapped in the wall of the bottle.

Many do a final rinse with Distilled Water to avoid hard water stains.

I’ve used just cold water and had mostly good outcomes with LDPE and PET. LDPE is the most porous and so is the toughest to rid of the previous flavor. Any sticky flavors, i would just take the loss and toss the bottle. Or, reuse with like-flavors, as mentioned above!

I don’t mess around with rinsing now, and just recycle most of my used bottles after 1 use. Cleaning 20+ bottles (+tips and caps) at a time was freaking tedious. I got tired of it and now order by 100ct boxes from dropperbottles.com.

4 Likes

This works in any situation :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll have for sure have to get one

2 Likes