Please help help

not unnormal… under the time a mix steep, flaors can come and go many times. Most powerful because the sharper tasting pockets of unfusioned molecules at start… then after a few times, its chemical reaction starts giving different outcomes… That changes happends till its fully steeped. Let them stay longer, and check again.

4 Likes

Seems you’ve had lots of replies in the last few days :rofl: but I’ll still answer. I don’t use heat so I guess my answer is that idk. Lol

I’ve tried several random methods of heating my mixes and none ever made a significant different that I could notice so I stopped bothering. A good shake or mix with your mixer of choice plus a bit of time should get the job done just fine.

5 Likes

Thanks for the advice, I just bought a mixer and returned the water bath so I think I will just stick to that.

3 Likes

Some will introduce too much oxygen imo

3 Likes

I mixed up a few of the recipes you suggested to me without the VG sense FedEx lost my package more on the way. But they smell absolutely amazing and I tried one sense I had just enough VG for 10 mills and it was good. If you look at my recipes I tweaked one just a little and it smells amazing. I just upped the Fuji apple 1% because that’s the flavor I want to stand out and I added 1% pear to boost the Fuji apple flavor. What do you think? Your advice has been amazing thanks again

6 Likes

It sounds yummy. You are on track and making great time. @fidalgo_vapes has done a great job helping you. Awesome.
:+1: :+1:
:clap:

6 Likes

Fuji Apple Bliss??? Looks great , The use of Pear is smart , Only thing i would suggest is to be careful with pairiing …Not sayimg anything about this particular recipe …You are on yiur way to making a satisfying liquid…

3 Likes

Ty jim210…Mike and others like him is what keeps me coming back every day :pray::pray: …He really wants to learn and it shows

6 Likes

Thanks to you I’m starting to understand how to think about it. I have lots of new flavors on the way. Thing of trying to make a Bavarian cream filled chocolate doughnut. And I’m really interested in playing with the flavor anise I have on the way. Any ideas or recipes you have using anise?

6 Likes

You have just stopped being my friend LMAO Just kidding …I am not a fan of anise …Look up Anise Pairings on Google it will give you a list of things to pair with it …Which Anise did you buy

4 Likes

Its a group effort but ty …I learn everyday and just pass on the guidance I received from others b4 me …Not too many of those people around anymore , but there are great people here now willing to lend a hand

5 Likes

Its flavor art and I just thought it would be a interesting flavor to play with

4 Likes

I’m going to try my best to think up some amazing flavors that even you will be impressed by so that I can make sure your time wasn’t wasted on me good sir.

5 Likes

Lol…Oh I bet it is …Lots of people like Anise , Cardamom , and other things …Just bc i dont use it doesnt mean its no good

4 Likes

Never my friend …This forum imo is here to help , to share with those who dont need help …The one thing I think every ine shiuld do is Read , Read and Read there is so much info on this site …Ask questions and share experiances without You and other new mixers this forum will wither away…This industry is seriously on thin ice we need these places to stay relevant…

6 Likes

Yes sir, I’m so grateful for you and this forum. I will stay in touch and cant wait until I perfect my own recipe that I can share with you and everyone else on here.

6 Likes

Hi @Mike162 , be careful with FA anise, for me it is very strong … I suggest you start low 0.2-0.3% …

5 Likes

Hi Mike,

I myself am relatively new to mixing (just a couple of years, which still makes me a rank amateur😏). I have had a great deal of help from the really awesome peeps on this forum, which has helped my confidence as a mixer exponentially…without blowing too much smoke up too many arses, these are one fine bunch of people. My smalll contribution is this link: https://cosylab.iiitd.edu.in/flavordb/ it is an Indian site for pro flavourists giving the most chemically compatible flavour types in food but is very helpful when trying to come up with flavour combinations. Welcome to the best online mixing forum by a country mile Mike.

4 Likes

Can’t argue that!

2 Likes