Please help help

I am following all the steps and letting my juice steep for at least 7 days and when I vape it there is no flavor can anyone please give me some advice on this.

6 Likes

There are others than can help you more than I but I will start by asking obvious questions:

What is your recipe? Please include percentages of flavors, pg, vg, nic and brands of flavors.

How do you blend? e.g. shake, mag stirrer, coffee frothier.

Does the mix have flavor immediately after mixing?

How do you steep, e.g. glass bottle, capped, not capped, dark room, cool room.

11 Likes

This is what I immediately wondered…

9 Likes

@Mike162 welcome I would try and up your percentage with each flavour have you single flavour tested yet to find where each flavour works for you

7 Likes

To echo what ogre and fidalgo said, did you try your mix right away? Definitely share the recipe you tried, that should help with troubleshooting. Before just upping the % it’s definitely important to know if the flavors you’re using might be muting everything out (flavors with ethyl malatol [sorry if I spelled that wrong :rofl:] can do that)

Is the tank/rda you’re using new or have you already had good luck with tasting other eliquids well with it?

Another thought would be possible mistakes with measuring, are you using syringes or a scale? If you’re using scales make sure that your scale is set to the right mode (grams). My scale does grams, ounces, and grains. So I’m thinking out loud here, but if you accidentally had a scale set to grains you would end up with SIGNIFICANTLY less flavor than a recipe calls for. Although then you’d also end up with less nicotine and VG/PG as well if you’re weighing everything out… :woman_shrugging:t3:

SO! Basically share your recipe and methods for mixing and hopefully someone will be able to help you get to the bottom of it. :heart:

11 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

7 Likes

Welcome @Mike162. The more info you can provide the easier it will be to help. This goes for just about any trouble you may have, here or elsewhere.

6 Likes

I’m new to all this but I made all my recipes public if that helps. And I just ordered one of those laboratory water bath things if that will help me at all?

3 Likes

I made my recipes public and I just shake some flavor immediately after and I steep in capped cool room. All my recipes are 70,30 mix with 15% flavor 6 nic

3 Likes

70vg 30pg?

3 Likes

Yes sorry 70vg 30 pg

4 Likes

If I use a hot water bath for steeping what temperature should I set it at please?

4 Likes

Mike i was interwsted in seeing what you are mixing . First problem is the way you list you concentrates , some dont even have a manufacturers name on them . Second is some are just single flavors and seem High Imo example The pink lemonade recipe is only one flavor and you have it at 15pct . Many of the flavors we use dont need to go that high , many of the flavors we use arent that great as Single Flavors …There are a couple that only have 2 flavors and you have use 7.5pct for both flavors choose which one you want as you main Note and be careful what your pairing things with …

These mixes imo wouldnt be great off the shake and a steep would not benefit many of them either.

Go back to the drawing board , Enter your flavors properly in your flavor stash using the proper name and manufacturer . After you have done this we can go ocer what you have and create some simple mixes so you xan see how to build a recipe.

I am not sure why you have chosen 15 pct as your Percentage but i would recommend getting that idea out of your head …

9 Likes

70 degree celcius

3 Likes

The heat doesn’t really do anything except thin the VG and allow it to mix easier. Do what @fidalgo_vapes said and fix your flavors in your stash. The way you do this is you start typing the name of the flavor. As you do so, recommended flavor names will pop up. Select the correct flavor. FA is Flavourart, FLV is Flavorah, etc.

Also, as you fall deeper into this rabbit hole you will learn that nicotine doesn’t play well with heat, oxygen, and time. Oxygen (little bubbles created during shaking along with the air at the top of the bottle) will degrade it. And over time, the nic will be turning darker, and harsher. So it is best to leave nicotine in the freezer in a glass boston round bottle til you plan to vape your juice.

In the Beginners section of the Eliquids category you will see “Resources and Tips for Beginners”. Read it. I mention this because from what I see here, you will learn a lot there.

Stuff like this…

6 Likes

Okay I reentered my flavors but I have a lot of flavors made by the flavor apprentice and I cant seem to find it on the list when I try to enter it. And as for the 15% that’s what I read somewhere. I am very new to this and I have been so frustrated and discouraged because everything I have made so far has had no flavor when I vape it. I have let fruit flavors steep for two weeks and nothing then I read that fruit flavors should be shake and vape and I just cant figure out what I’m doing wrong and its driving me crazy . I definitely dont want to be a burden to anyone but any help would be unbelievably appreciated.

4 Likes

You’re not a burden. Please ask anything you need.

5 Likes

Okay so I have been making all my recipes at 15% flavor. What % should they be at or around? And I have been doing 70vg 30pg and 6 nic and mixing it all in at the same time should I leave out the nicotine until ready to vape? And I like some single flavors is that not something I should be doing?

5 Likes

Suggest you take a look at:

You can but when a first started I only made 5 mls. of mix I thought I was pretty sure I was going to like.

Suggest do what you think is going to work for you.

3 Likes

Not a burden at all …As for the Flavor Apprentice add the name then type TPA next to name ( leave a space ) the option will come up , choose the first choice

3 Likes