Please help with Aromamizer Supreme v3

I have tried all the decks and the postless and mesh are the 2 I’ve had the best experience with. Supreme, the plus and the Ragnar.

5 Likes

On the Plus V1 I’ve had single coil results varying from amazing to not so good and everything in between.

4 Likes

Do you remember coil positioning

3 Likes

what airflow do you use? Did you flip it?

2 Likes

what airflow do you use? Did you flip it? on the single deck when you build the v3?

3 Likes

the airflow that I usually used

3 Likes

@d00mhammers Sorry, no I don’t remember.

2 Likes

Did you get this figured out. It’s a really nice RDTA. I hope you find your niche with it. I’ve been thinking about it and wondering if your wicking is too tight. Make sure you’re thinning the tails and making sure they are just laying loosely in the wells.

3 Likes

I’ll try it!

2 Likes

I’m still trying to. I’m gonan give it another shot today… I’m gonna thick wicks greatly, that kinda worked last time i got any flavor from it

4 Likes

@SessionDrummer I guess I finally made single coil work. My coils and positioning were fine from what I figured. I think what helped was the mentality that less is more when it comes to weaving this. I used very light wick and thinned the legs considerably, making them super loose in wells. I guess the problem before was wicking, as this atty doesn’t seem to like cotton, so with very thin legs that barely cover ports, it performed and wicked greatly. I guess I will use juice flow control to counter any possible leaking. I think these are my 2 cents on the matter after struggling with this atty.

5 Likes

I’m so happy to hear this!! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Looks like @Lynda_Marie figured it out @d00mhammers.

Still checking how I wicked mine …

4 Likes

Thank you, it took some time but was well worth it. Seems like steamcrave tanks like less cotton.

4 Likes

In my opinion, you need minimal amount of cotton in wells . I cut quarter muji pad, removed 2 outer layers, and 1 extra layer for a 3 mm ni80 quadcore fused clapton. Then i thinned it considerably to be very lose and barely cover deck. Only then it wicked efficiently and gave good flavor. My build is running at 70 wats due to coil mass, with half closed 3 row honey comb airflow.

4 Likes

@d00mhammers I’m glad you got a good build going.

I still don’t have a lot of experience with the Supreme V3. Even though your problem was wicking I want to share my thoughts on coil size and placement in relation to the airflow ports. My very first thought about the single coil deck was about the airflow. It looks like it’s hard to get the coil legs short enough to allow the air to flow over the outside from the bottom air ports. My thinking is that if you can’t get the airflow over the outside of the coil, the bottom and side airflows will collide causing turbulent flow on the legs side of the coil, at the same time starving the other side of air. I think this limits the coil diameter. You want smooth and even airflow over as much coil surface as possible in order to maximize flavor from an airflow point of view. In addition to getting the coil close to the side air ports, lowering the coil close to the bottom helps move it closer to the legs side a small amount. I can’t remember the coil specifics but I have one that needs cleaning and rewicked so I’ll try to post back the details when I get to it.

As for wicking I never thin my tails very much. I should say I rarely do, it’s very dependant on the coil I use and the size and shape of the juice wells. I do pay careful attention to spreading out the ends after I cut them with the scissors. the scissor cut tends to mash all the fibers together in a clump, very bad for wicking. When I try to separate cotton clumps toward the base of the coil or straighten fibers I try to do so without actually thinning. i. e. without removing material.

6 Likes

Im glad that works for you! Do post pics when you do it!

6 Likes

@SessionDrummer @Lynda_Marie Im really enjoying the flavor now, after a day got even better, I’m running raspberry cheesecake DIY and it tastes marvelous!

5 Likes

Now THAT, is great news.

5 Likes

I rebuilt tank again and rewicked it. I think is is possibly the best flavor i got of it. The key is minimal cotton. I think i found a way to wick it perfectly. 1/4 muji pad, remove top and bottom layers and 1 extra layer if you use 3mm coil then thin legs to the point you think its way too thin and use juice control to prevent leaks. Works like a charm

5 Likes