Politics on ELR Forum

Yes, he’s a master-debater.

3 Likes

I’m more of a mediocre pun-smith :stuck_out_tongue: heheh

4 Likes

Well crap, there go half of my posts right off to mute land.

Some people’s new forum front page :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

So that’s how you moderate! Easy peasy!

2 Likes

Nothing to see here folks, all gravy! No posts = no problems!

2 Likes

Well, it’s up to you - you just have to mute every thread or every member :smiley: hehe

3 Likes

The only thing that saddens me about this thread is …

This topic will automatically close in 5 days.

2 Likes

Auto-set by Discourse… Better now? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

1 Like

That Muted topic button is a life save and thank you for sharing

3 Likes

Good to see that somebody is injecting some good old American Common Sense into editorial matters:

Source: https://d3gva0utz671la.cloudfront.net/img-folder-1/the-gnominator-gnome-2-gg.jpg

2 Likes

The rubbish I think on a daily basis, should deserve the same condemnation.

3 Likes

American’s I think need to realize what we have and not take it for granted. Remember I wore a Military Uniform for 20 years. We have the Constitution for a reason.

We did an exercise in leadership school. We were asked if we believe the Westboro Baptist Church had a right to free speech. Do you agree or disagree?

Well I was the only one that agreed. Why, because when you stop free speech from anyone you stop it from all. (Do I agree with their rhetoric, absolutely 100% not!!!) I however agree that they have the right to assemble and have free speech. Whether it is a difference of opinion or not we have the right to not believe in their beliefs, but have to fight for their right to speak. You may be next if you do not. Please do not take the First Amendment for granted.

8 Likes

Yep, protected every bit of that! The reason is, is because what you have to say next, may be censored. Let me reiterate I do not accept it.

(Do not flag what Raven posted!) ( Let what true Freedom of Speech is!)

5 Likes

Hate having to use the ignore feature, but I think I will. Speaking for myself, I think I’m done with some of the BS.

4 Likes

“Protecting” who from what ? Censorship has no redeeming narrative (as you yourself staunchly opine)

Actually it does. Think of it this way. You do not like what they have to say. Granted you have the right to look away and their numbers dwindle.

You say something that is controversial and get flagged like you did. I still support you for posting what you posted and looked the other way. That makes free speech great. You have the chance to look away when you need to and not let the movement gain ground. You took the chance to prove me wrong and failed in my opinion. But remember I am staunchly opine.

3 Likes

BS is everywhere if you look for it.

3 Likes

True, but I ain’t lookin’ for it LOL

4 Likes