Poll - ELR Forum PREFERRED DIY FLAVORINGS SUPPLIERS

Tfa I probably use the most, so #1
Capella my #2

I do use some fw also

2 Likes

I donā€™t understand something here.How can 68% of the people like TFA, 59% like Cap, 49% like FA, 8% like FW, ect, ect, ect? I would venture to say that is way over 100%ā€¦

5 Likes

Maybe @daath can answer that one. :confused:

2 Likes

The poll lets you choose two options, not just one ;D The percentage is an indication of how many of the 61 voters like a particular vendor :smile:

5 Likes

Iā€™m glad we kept it going. Capella is making a late charge.

3 Likes

Iā€™m a little surprised, but not too much. I just got some new flavors from them and I really love them. Cap seems to do dessert type stuff really well. Fruits are hit and miss for me. Their coconut though I have yet to find a match for. Iā€™ve got some FW Creamy Coconut steepingā€¦weā€™ll see if it can overthrow the King of the Coconuts. :wink:

3 Likes

I have more misses then hits when it comes to CAPS fruitsā€¦to me they all have that candy like taste but some of their newer ones like yellow peach are great!
I seem to only use their desserts and a few creams I enjoyā€¦I havenā€™t tried their coconut thoughā€¦have only use tpa extra coco
Has anyone tried these new companies like German flavors yet?

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure @Pro_Vapes has. Have you had a chance to try/review them yet, PV?

Iā€™ve been working with Ide Vapors flavors right now. I havenā€™t used but a couple GF that are steeping. From reviews I read they are hit and miss. The Fig and Toffee I hear are top notch. I have those 2 coming today. I have 16 others still to test.

I read good reviews on INW coconut. Itā€™s coming today also.

4 Likes

It requires patience for the steep/mellowing time, but itā€™s a nice true coconut once it has a chance to cure in the mix. Comes off a bit odd/chemical tasting right out of the bottle, should anyone be doing a taste test without steeping it a few of days.

3 Likes

you do know patience really has only four letters rt lolā€¦ not to chime in on a serious sub?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a pretty big result for TFA at this point. Though I wonder if this has as much to do with price as anything. I do frequently use TFA flavors. But primarily I use them in conjunction with the same flavor from FA or CAP usually. I find the flavors better with FA and CAP but the aromas are better with TFA. By putting the two together I find it creates a better rounded flavor over all. I actually consider them an imperative. But alone I generally feel they are too perfumey. Is that even a word?

4 Likes

I agree you with there. Some say thatā€™s overkill. I think it produce a better eliquid. I donā€™t do it with a background flavorā€¦ but when itā€™s a lead flavor I need it spot on.

3 Likes

Do you have any experience with Hangsen flavors? Iā€™m thinking of ordering some of their tobacco flavors.

I recently ordered four Tobacco flavors thatā€™s steeping right now. Once I try them I will post my thoughts on them. Most of what I read about Hangsen Tobaccos was really positive.

Hangsen Tread on ECF

2 Likes

I voted TPA and Flavor West. Although I believe that FA and CAP should get honorable mention from me because my collection of flavors would prove that about half of my flavors are FA and CAP.

3 Likes

I voted for The Flavor Apprentice. I love that I can get 4ml samples of any flavor for $1.40 and four ounces for about $7. Thats 120 ml. Great selection and fast shipping cannot be beat.

4 Likes

I didnā€™t state that specifically. But yes, I primarily only use it with lead flavors. But I canā€™t do a strawberry that I like without combining flavors. So if there is a strawberry called for in the recipe. I use the combination.

1 Like

I just purchased their RY4. I was very disappointed with the up front aroma. But Iā€™ve mixed up a batch anyway. Iā€™ll report back what I find. But hopes are not high.

From reviews I read they have an ry0 thatā€™s their best ry.

2 Likes