Poll - ELR Forum PREFERRED DIY FLAVORINGS SUPPLIERS

As they love to say in this little adventure. Everything is subjective. From what I have read. RY0 is the least sweet of the group. Correct me if I’m wrong. I have a huge sweet tooth. I was hoping that I would not have to make a lot of additions to this. But now I’m thinking It might perhaps work well as an adjunct flavor. I do have to say this was my first stab at a Chinese flavor. I’ve been apprehensive about their quality standards. I’ve heard to many horror stories about human consumables that are produced there. While I’m not saying this has any of these issues. It just didn’t taste or smell good enough for me to buy again. Unless of course my Dad likes it and odds are he will. There’s that subjective thing.

1 Like

For some reason I was under the impression that’s what you didn’t want. Those that didn’t like the RY4 said it was too caramelly. I just assumed that was your issue too. My bad.

This is a sweet flavorful RY4. One of my ADVs. This was the only juiced I vaped for 2 solid weeks when I first made it.

Caramel Apple RY4 v2 :

Sound like you want a tobacco with flavor. This is like 50/50 .

2 Likes

FA and TFA, however I use CAP and FW as well. I don’t see how you can go wrong with FA.

5 Likes

Flavour Art for creams and bakery, Inawera for their fruits and minty flavors, Capella for their custards, TPA for price, variety and original flavors.

6 Likes

TFA for me … it took me awhile but I’ve got a handle on how much % I need with various flavours now so I tend to stay with them…; my second pref is not listed, TJF ( The juice Factory) He sells a lot of the popular brands but also creates his own super concentrates and as he’s in Australia ( as am I) it’s a great local source for me

2 Likes

THESE HAPPEN TO BE MY CHOICES TPA, FLAVOUR ART, HAVE TURNED OUT TO BE MY TWO FAVORITES!
and I like flavour art the best of course, but they are a bit pricey.

3 Likes

I kinda thought that at first, but when you take into consideration TPA average single flavor percentage is 10 to 15% vs FA being 2 to 5 % and the fact that FA flavors are mostly spot on, it really justifies the price difference. FA may even be cheaper to use.

7 Likes

One Stop DIY Shop

2 Likes

This is a good poll. I am still too noobish to vote. But I will

1 Like

My top 2 are the ones that offer the most detailed ingredient information regarding acetoin and acetyl propionyl - afaik, FA and TFA. It seems like CAP is also getting with the program in the last year or two - http://international.capellaflavors.com/a-p-status/

1 Like

Ive only been making my own juice for two months now and have only bought from FlavorWest. Out of the seven flavors iv’e bought from them only two i do not like by themselves but the rest are great by themselves. The best thing i like is they are all clear and there only 1.66$ for 10mill and i think 3.00$ for 30mil.

3 Likes

I like Wizard labs, because it has a wide variety of flavors, the best shipping I’ve ever seen, and packaging, and the flavors are amazing. Prices are awesome too ! Thank you Vape On !!!

1 Like

Do you mix by weight or by volume? The reason I ask is that I mix by weight and I had rebottle my entire order to use by weight?

1 Like

thanks for all of you writing a post. I keep coming back and reading the post to see where I need to change anything. I have yet made a juice that I just love. Mostley cap, mt. baker, I think I did a flavor art at one time, freedome smokes. I’m going to try the cuttwood sugar bear clone that some has on e juice recipes.
I do have one question , do anybody steep the flavor be for useing? Or just after mixing. I have to order suppies for one month, I’m on ssd and I get payed once a month, so I’m trying to fine 2-3 flavors that I like and stay with that. Sweet stuff is what i shoot for.

1 Like

The clones I tried varied but all packed that same sweet cinnamon flavor of the SB. Flavor changes with this one from my experience so you’d have to give it a go until you found your happy medium, haven’t let any last more than a week but I hear it does lose flavor eventually, the sugar cookie seems to lose the sweet kick it has after the shake and first few days. Love the SB and have made a ton of versions and variations, all good.

I can’t vote just yet as I’ve only been doing this a few months so haven’t tried everything yet. Agree with the CAP fruit candy flavor is either what your looking for or NOT. The TFA has been good but with higher percentages to get there. The few from FW have been good. I’ve got some FA on the way along with more TFA CAP and FW. After I’ve had some more experience with FA and FW ill cast my vote.
TFA maple syrup, graham cracker dark, cheesecake, and Mary Jane are flavors I haven’t been huge on- need to revisit the maple syrup and cheesecake
CAP double apple has good taste but not the fresh apple flavor I was looking for from a fruit flavor

1 Like

Thank for replying, I Know it’s all try and see what works. I’m going to try the top rated flavors, as I have not use much of them. I need to expand my flavors valt. Try new ones.

2 Likes

Flavorah FLV
Flavourart FA
Innawera INW
Capellas CAP

in that order
An interesting personal observation is that those with the most (apparent) transparency on ingredient warnings correlate with my preferred flavours.

Also special mention for new kid on the block Molinberry (Molin) very impressed with their stuff,
please add them to poll.

1 Like

[quote=“Pro_Vapes, post:44, topic:22885, full:true”]
I recently ordered four Tobacco flavors that’s steeping right now. Once I try them I will post my thoughts on them. Most of what I read about Hangsen Tobaccos was really positive.

Hangsen Tread on ECF
[/quote]
Good
a decent Hangsen thread!
Had heard good reports on HS banana,
trying my first mix with it tonight

next up… explore the tobaccos…
down the next rabbit hole ;0)

1 Like

I’m a tobacco lover, and Hangsen addict. The ECF Hangsen thread is an excellent one.

They also started a Tobacco Only thread that has lots of good info.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/favorite-tobacco-flavoring-discussion-tobacco-flavoring-discussion-only.667055/

That said, I’m going to have to start researching ELR for fruit flavoring info. I’ll be wandering off into uncharted territory. My son-in-law is a fruit /sweets vape lover. He really wants to get started in DIY, but like most young couples, money is tight. The initial start up costs are a little out of reach for him. Enter Daddy-o-in-law. For his X-mas present, I’m going to gather up the DIY items to get him started. PG, VG, nic, scale, bottle assortment, etc. I’m also going to order some fruit mixing flavors to get him out of the gate. That’s where my knowledge hits a dead end.

This poll is a good starting point for me. At least I know which vendors are preferred by my friends on ELR. Thanks in advance, for all the good info I know I’ll find, searching for fruit flavoring info.

3 Likes

Curious which of the suppliers accepts PayPal. I just was about to order from ECX and they don’t.

1 Like