Poll - How many MTL Vapers are there? Which is more common?

Not MTL vaping does not = “cloud chasing” I was being witty on end of my post :wink: I have no time for clouds, I like Lung inhaling because I actually find the flavor much better, because of the thicker, creamier clouds. I don’t really care how much comes back out :smiley:

3.5yrs vaping here, 2 of that was spent MTL. But that was because the tanks were a bit crappy back then, and I always wished they’d come up with a way to get thicker cloud on the inhale. And wicking to keep up with higher VG juices. Sub ohm vaping sorted that. It’s a personal preference, I never judge one way or the other.

4 Likes

I have to agree… there is a medium between MTL and cloud chasing. I don’t fill the room with vapor, but I do produce decent vapor with my vaping style.

Some vapors think the only way to get ultimate flavor is to MTL… all I get from MTL is a bunch of air in my lungs. I’m a flavor chaser that make clouds by proxy of my vape style.

8 Likes

MTL since June 1, 2008. Found “sweet spot” with Nautilus Mini, when they appeared (with their ceramic coils). When they changed to cotton, it was a horrible taste to me. I tried and tried to get used to it. I could not find a suitable replacement and I just wasn’t ready to attempt building attys on my own. So I tried a couple sub-ohm tanks. The cotton taste wasn’t so bad, but I did not really care for them. Then ceramic coil heads became available for them. I tried to like DTL, but it didn’t quite take. During the few weeks I spent with them, doing some sort of MTL vaping at sub-ohm levels sure caused a lot of e-liquid and battery use! Also, the coil heads seemed to only taste really good for one day (too expensive). So, I finally made myself learn to build an RDA. I tried cotton, but it still had a weird extra flavor I didn’t like. So I got some CelluCotton at Sally’s. I’m happy with my little single 1-ohmish coil builds at about 11-12 Watts. I like the RDA better than the little Nautilus too. I found it curious that after all this time, there weren’t more alternative choices to sub-ohm and cotton. It seems that things are changing now though. And, I can build now! :smile:

10 Likes

MTL. 8.1 watts for my daily juice.
But under 30w for DL.
Did a few 200w pulls with dna200, too freaking hot!

4 Likes

Pretty surprised to see so many DTL.

4 Likes

I do both. Sometimes mostly MTL and sometimes it’s DLH - depends on my mood. Also I only DLH in my office and outside…

5 Likes

I’m direct lung, as is one of my friends, because we came from vaporizers with…other substances, so not much resistance there. Another friend who’s also used to a vaporizer, but quit cigarettes cold turkey years ago, prefers MTL because he still remembers the feel of cigarettes and the cravings had never entirely gone away.

3 Likes

Direct to lung, allllllll day.

I use a subohm RTA on unregulated series box at high power (not too high, I know what burning past the flavor is).

I’m very surprised at the amount of MTL smokers here!

5 Likes

Straight lung inhale. I use to mtl but with all the awesome RTAs…how mtl an RTA or RDA? Get the coil right. Just enough wick where it doesnt flook but almost. Hot vape…man its like eating the flavor…like going to the bakery. No MTL here…

3 Likes

I started off mtl, with only tobacco flavors. I refused to even consider flavors for the first 4 months or so. It was closest to smoking for me. But my style evolved over a period of time.

It is really great to see what is working for everyone!

5 Likes

i use low watts like to taste my juice dl hits like the flavors that give one taste on way in and another out

2 Likes

That was me exactly. Now I don’t know if I even remember how to MTL and tobacco flavors are the farthest thing from my mind.

3 Likes

I mtl when i’m at work and when i go out places. I don’t like blowing massive clouds around strangers and peeps at work. I’v got the kayfun mini v3 1.3 ohms set at about 11 watts or so and 10mg juice. Now when im home i sub ohm on drippers at 3mg around 25 to 35 watts,do not like huge power way to hot and you cannot taste the juice properly.

2 Likes

For work & out & about.I go for:
Kayfun V3 mini 2.5 coil @ 0.8 - 1.6Ω; cotton wick; 11.1W 60/40 6mg.

at home Kayfun 5, Squape X, Lemo 2.
I still dabble with Velocity, Twisted Messes & most sub ohm RTAs once the MRs and kid have gone to bed.
but the reality is, the Kayfun V3 mini ticks all the boxes for my needs at the moment.

2 Likes

Same here. tried Kayfun V3 mini yet? only rebuildable that could replace Nautilus Mini for me.
There are some rebuildable coils for the Nautilus, out there but they look ridiculously fiddly…
and life is short!
also… top fill!

3 Likes

I’m vaping now for 4 months. When I started didn’t really understand that discussion. Because when I smoked cigarettes (23 years) I always smoked DL. When vaping some juices I enjoy MTL with a subtank mini or with the wotofo serpent, I have a squape x dream and a kayfun V5 specially reserved for those juices also. Vaping them at around 1 ohm 14 watts.
But because of my habit of restricted DL on cigarettes during the day I mostly DL on a TC build 0.6 ohm single coil in the bellus at 215°C or when I feel like it will be a very busy day no time to vape a lot. Then I take my crius with a dual coil TC build around 0.3 ohm airflow half open at 230°C to vaporize a lot of juice quickly to have my nicotine intake.

1 Like

i never vape over 85 watts and thats not often i am between 55 -75 , direct lung for me usually when i first started vaping i was told to smoke it like a bong hit lol it has been 20 years since ive done that but thats how i vape

1 Like

Started off MTL, 12watts over 2.5 years ago but today DTL.
If using Kanthal, vape roughly 25-30w on 22mm attys.
Slightly higher watts if using ss on tc for 25mm tanks.

Used to vape like a ciggie but today vape like taking a nice, deep enjoyable hit of a joint.

1 Like

Not sure you do still understand MTL clearly.
I dont personally see how anyone smoking ciggies could smoke them DTL.

Never personally thought of a STM or Serpent as MTL. Yes, know some do, with the ac closed up 3/4 but IMO that is still not MTL.
Try a Nautilus aspire mini, at 0.18ohms. That to me is MTL.
I Bellus in kanthal at 30w wide open but never would I think of it as MTL even as closed as can be.

It confused me in the beginning as well.

1 Like

If you can dream it you can do it. Sure it looks alittle wacky. But yup. You can MTL anything. I do it.

Right now I rock my aromamizer supreme dual Clapton, ohms out at 0.3 ohm. 55-63 watts. Closed down setting. And yup. Swish swish in da mouth and down the pipe it goes.

At the start of the vape the orange hits the mouth, vbic in the middle of the vape…on exhale I hit the koolada slightly and at the end all is mixed together.

When I direct lung hit for me I miss those lingering notes. Surely it’s a me thing. It’s still a hot vape, but for me the heat releases the last flavor notes I can’t find at 1.8 ohm coils.

For me it’s a slow orgasium of flavor. Surely I don’t blow clouds for days…,but it’s a fair amount that for someone who doesn’t vape their like omg. For the pure MTL enthusiast they don’t normally call it Classic MTL. I call in new age…nobody taught me anything I do what I want…to make me the most happy MTL. Lol.

2 Likes