Poll - How many MTL Vapers are there? Which is more common?

It seems to me that the interpretation of MTL vrs DTL has changed in the past while.

Whats most important is that each vaper is pleased with whatever style they deem best for themselves.
I personally prefer to think of MTL or DTL in the classic sense.

Have seen far too many vapers recommend atomizers for new vapers fresh off cigs and call them MTL, such as, let’s say, the TFV4. Makes my head spin.
I know of smokers that have gone into B + Ms today, for help, only to cough and choke their way right out of the store who will likely never consider vaping again. All shown gear for testing, I personally would never consider classic MTL.

EDIT: Meant to add, that although i have graduated beyond MTL, I get far better flavour from DTL. It was less about flavour, doing MTL than it was unhealthier lungs that couldn’t yet handle DTL.

1 Like

I thought about getting a Kayfun, but decided to go with the Squape. It’s a clone and I haven’t built it yet. I will certainly keep the Kayfun V3 Mini in mind though - Thanks for your recommendation. The RDA I have seems rather unusual (as far as I know anyway), but I like the flavor it makes and I know how to coil and wick it. As long as I’m happy with it I suppose I don’t have a lot of incentive to learn something new. Not a good reason, I know. :rolling_eyes:

2 Likes

Yup,
sounds like the definition of a good reason to stick with it!

-firm believer in “know thyself”

2 Likes

You can get a Kayfun Mini V3 clone at VapeNW for $15.00…It’s an EZ PZ build (if you don’t mind wrapping the wire around screws) and has very nice flavor…one of my favorites, next to a Goblin Mini… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m MTL all the way. Tried DL, but it wasn’t my thing and big clouds don’t do it for me. Plus, it became obvious to me that I get more flavor from MTL. My lungs are also hard wired for MTL after 27 years on the analog smokes. I’ve own several different tanks, but always return to my Nautilus. Not sure why but I guess it’s the perfect draw. Not sure if I will get in to building coils. Making juice takes enough time away from my family.

I have heard that the Nautilus X and Kayfun V3 have superior flavor…any comments here?

PS. love the poll here and the comments.

Nautilus Min, 12W, 1.6 coil

2 Likes

I’ve always been a mtl person until earlier this year when i started with the sub ohm stuff. Now at home I’m using the dtl tanks and drippers and at work or in a bar/restaurant i use an Aspire Triton mini for mtl.

Triton mini with the claptons @ 12W-14W, standard coils 1.2Ohm at around 17W
Innokin iSub Apex depending on the coil between 20W and 50W.
Crown1 standard SS coils 0.5 Ohm between 45W and 60W
Aspire Cleito standard 0.4Ohm coils between 50W and 60W

For mtl I mix liquids with 40%VG/60%PG with 10mg nic, for dtl 70/30 3mg

3 Likes

I’ve been DTL since I bought my first Subtank Mini,I dunno, must be 2 years maybe? I think it’s different enough from smoking so that I never crave cigs anymore, and haven’t for ages now, I like warm vape, low ohms, high power, I’ve tried every style, but this works for me, TC doesn’t do it for me either, I tried again recently with a deep water build on .22 Ti as I know that’s a favourite of a lot of people on here but even that just wasn’t hitting me, I’m usually anywhere between 80 and 110w, 0.1 to 0.3ohms with a nice open draw, I really didn’t realise there would be so many MTL vapers on here, I’ve always seen DTL as a natural progression but I guess that is what is so intriguing about vaping, it really is a truly personal thing and everyone is different, it’s awesome you get opinions from every angle :grinning::thumbsup:

2 Likes

Same here! :blush:

I do like my airflow quite restricted, I find it has more flavour this way.

EDIT - I like a cool vape, don’t think I’ve ever been above 26w, and I can’t seem to get TC to work for me (yet :wink:)

2 Likes

I am M2L all the way myself. I only have the Kayfun v4 mini and when it’s functioning properly it’s probably the best hit I’ve had on a tank…the caveat is that it’s a tempermental tank if ever. Constant tweaking and the set up is so many different parts.

I love all my Nautilus tanks as well. Love the mini triton by Aspire but the trick to getting that perfect hit is to use the Nautilus coil don’t use the triton coil that’s a Clapton it’s still way too airy and most likely won’t satisfy the harder draw but the Mini BVC coil for the Mini Nautilus will work and is perfect best of news is the triton is a top fill tank.

1 Like

The best rebuildable mtl rta I’ve came across has to be the Kayfun v5 for pure range of draw options, With the restrictor kit. From super tight draw to a quite restricted direct to lung vape.
I like quite a tight draw on my mtl and i use the smallest restrictor in mine with a 1.2ohm ss coil (spaced) (29g 11/10 wraps, 304 ss, 2.5ID)
I find the v5 far superior to the v4, and way less parts too.
I own an authentic, expensive, and a smjy clone, just as good. The sxk clone is well made but won’t except the restrictor’s where as the smjy clone will.
I would highly recommend the v5, for flavour, ease of use (building, refilling etc) but mostly for getting the draw exactly as you like it. :yum:

2 Likes

Thanks Pattie ! I always say one day I will. It the real deal. I’m glad you gave me confidence in it. It looks so flawless.

1 Like

Honestly, if you can, get an authentic and the restrictor kit and it will be the best mtl set up you can get today for the money. Quality is off the scale. Absolutely solid bit of kit. :ok_hand:

1 Like

triton mini a great tank for mtl sometimes i use it with a 20 mm stainless drip tip 5mm hole gives me a real tight draw *underrated tank!

1 Like

I do a little of both, depending on my juice. Lighter, fruity things? DTL. Heavier, creamier flavours with lovely mouthfeels? MTL. Testing new flavours? I do both - it can be very informative, and I find that the different way of drawing the vape in hits different parts of my tongue.

2 Likes

A bit late with replying but it’s a great topic. I mostly MTL but with my Stentorian Steam Engine tank, I do some DTL (alternate). DTL seems to make me cough, I was a MTL cig. smoker for 47 years. Most of my most-used tanks are Innokins - T-18 and T-22 and they are pretty much designed for MTL vaping.

2 Likes

An interesting topic and highly praised by all. I do not understand why you stopped.
I am new (in vape) I will be 5 months old.
Smoker for 50 years started with siren MTL (it was a very wise choice).
I have already tested fatality OB and mech themis that are stopped, unused because the direct lung however restricted makes me cough.
Besides, I confess I did not feel any more of a taste for the lung.
Of course I may be wrong, my taste has been recovering gradually.
So I went back to MTL always focusing and looking for more flavor and I have already tried: kayfun prime v5, kayfun lite, kayfun v3, taifun and berserker and I must say that I am more and more satisfied with the results I have been getting with them. Each one presents me improvements and different nuances of flavors … sometimes in the same juice.

I do not know if I’m correct posting on the topic but it seems to me that the MTL is increasing will be true?

2 Likes

I dont like DTL.
My Daily Setup: FeV 4 (Flash e Vapor) @ 2 Ohm and 8,5 Watt and Squape N Duro MTL.
Also in use: Kayfun Lite Plus, Spica Pro, FeV VS, Doggy, Dvarw, Origen Genesis MK2 V2

1 Like

Was MTL for a long time in the beginning. Then doing RDL was nice also. so kinda lil of both now. Like you around 30 watts TC (300-360F) 0.5-0.9 ohms nic salts

I also did like the hotter vapes since it changed the whole flavor aspect a bit, which was a very interesting change. But didnt want to over heat the NIC salts and break the bound between the Nic and the acid. So for that I just use PG-VG and flavor w no nic for that hotter flavor, bigger cloud enjoyment arond 0.1 - 0.25 ohm. 50+ Watts until I get some freebase. But being real about it -for me - vaping 25-50 mg salts. What good would be using 3mg freebase for hot DL vaping? Probably wouldn’t be worth it at 3mg unless its for a TH - So no nic is fine when I switch up to that kinda vape enjoyment. :rofl:

Interesting journey - all over the place right now. Smoother juices I like RDL if it’s a harsher flavor profile then I switch to MTL. but it can also depends on how the flavor and my taste buds are acting. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

GREAT Poll @MysticRose. I don’t want to throw you a curve ball, but I’m both LOL. Didn’t know if the poll could be edited or not to reflect DTL, MTL, and Both or not.

5 Likes

I have both but probably mtl 95% of the time. Mtl rig is mostly used places i can vape inside, as that would most likely change pretty quick if i unleashed the titan.

4 Likes