Popping my cherry ( ry4 double help )

thank you for the advise i havent mixed this yet , ove decided to wait for the SF test and the RY4 with mf vanilla and caramel , but i was thinking about subbing the sugar cookie for graham cracker and asked about that in the opening of thread so with you suggesting this at least i think im on the right page lol. again ty

3 Likes

Newbie here and at DIY, but 7 years vaping mostly RY4 commercial juices. Scanning ELR showed that RY4 Double was clearly the most used, and apparently the most popular. So I started with it, but then bought some RY4 Asian and RY4 Hangsen. I’ve only mixed about 20 RY4 recipies to date, but the difference between RY4 Double and RY4 Hangsen was amazing for me. And RY4 Asian is much different than either of them. I much prefer the Hangsen and I think my limited DIY experience explains why I liked some RY4 commercial juices and hated others.

Leaves me a bit perplexed and curious why one flavor of a family (vanillas, caramels, custards, creams) emerges as more used and popular than others. Certainly personal taste is a big factor. But I wonder how much marketing, follow-the-leader, and first-on-the-scene factor in.

3 Likes

its a huge factor , it one of the reasons TPA has a huge following , it was here in the begining and is often associated with a lot of top rated recipes

1 Like

I think the SF test will tell you a lot more about Ry4 than any mix. It is a rich flavor that has so many nuances some sweet a lil bitter some earthy I feel overall I’d like a touch more tobacco leaf in it.

3 Likes

My worry is that people go for RY4 Double first, before any other tobacco-type flavors, and be like ‘wow I don’t like that at all’ and just stop there, not bother to try some other really fabulous tobaccos because of their first impression of it. I still like RY4 Double, and still use it, but yeah the HS is light years ahead in terms of pure sweet tobacco flavor. It would be really neat if TPA did something like Wonder Flavors, and incorporate a tobacco flavor into a sweet vanilla or Custard flavor, it may at least give people a different jump off point, so they are willing to try more complex tobacco flavors in the future. I’m honestly glad Vapey Mama got me into Sweet Tobacco, because that’s a serious favorite now, alongside HS Ry4.

3 Likes

RY4 double have you steep it more than 30-45 days?It really need it if is in a recipe :grinning: but I haven’t try the rest of your list.

1 Like

FYI, when I bought RY4 Hangsen just a couple weeks ago, many suppliers were out of stock and there were hints in some threads that it was no longer being made. I emailed NicRiver (out of stock) and Bull City (in stock) to ask about that. Bull City replied within a day and confirmed that RY4 Hangsen is alive and well and available. NicRiver has never replied to my email. Bull City got my order which included several other flavors.

2 Likes

I found my adaptation of it. I used wayyy less of the Cinnamon Danish Swirl and more Cream Cheese Icing.

4 Likes