POS spider

nope the picture he posted is not a black widow we had those in our crawl space in bc they are little tiny black spiders. The spider pictured looks like a huntsman to me but is similar to a brown recluse so im guessing he was unlucky enough to be bitten by a recluse and im praying he is okay… Id rather have multiple widow bites than 1 from a recluse.

1 Like

Looks like a brown recluse, but really can’t tell from the picture, they have a distinct violin/fiddle shape from their eyes back on their upper body. I am so sorry that you were bit and I pray that it wasn’t a recluse cause they can cause major damage. I hope you get better soon.

3 Likes

Oh Dear God man, I am so sorry. I had a tick get me about 6 years ago and had to have a bunch of tests for Lyme. Tests kept coming up negative but the tick was positive so I had to be on antibiotics for a long time. I was so darn sick I couldn’t believe it.

I hope you feel better soon. That thing is horrible looking… shoot it now!

2 Likes

Get well soon man. Praying for you.

2 Likes

My dad had lyme disease. Terrible shit.

2 Likes

My step daughter had a positive test and lost part of the vision in one of her eyes. If you spend a lot of time outdoors in the states that have ticks with Lyme you have to use deet minimally on your clothes. The only thing we have going for us is with these nasty poisonous insects is the doctors can save a lot of lives they could not in years past. @GPC2012 … you hang in there. I will be thinking good thoughts for you… I understand and pray for your healing.

2 Likes

I remember having to have ticks removed regularly after playing in the woods as a kid but its only the last 10 years or so I even knew there was such a thing as lime disease… I never thought to put some deet in the kids clothes if we are going to be somewhere that ticks are a possibility Im going to start doing that.

1 Like

They have a new citronella spray for your skin which I use. I used to use the Deep Woods Off but you don’t really want deet on your skin because it’s technically a toxin to the central nervous system… but putting it on your clothes works pretty good. $%#@^& Bugs! God I hate bugs!

1 Like

Yeah I can’t put deet on my skin as it gives me a wicked rash but on the outside of clothing would certainly be worthwhile…

3 Likes

http://www.homemadehints.com/homemade-mosquito-repellent/
There are essential oils that are way more potent than deet! We use a roll-on insect repellant with essential oils from planttherapy.com and it’s amazing.

4 Likes

Best of wishes, @GPC2012. It’s been awhile since you posted and I’m worried about ya. :confused: Let us know how you are when you can. Get better soon.

5 Likes

Oh wow, thank you!

2 Likes

Me too if that was a Brown Recluse. They aren’t a common biter because they stay pretty well hidden. But every time ya hear of one biting it’s a terrible ordeal. Regardless, neurological problems after a spider bite in the US… only two culprits.

2 Likes

We dont have spiders like that here in the UK. We have mini spiders compared to that one in the picture!!! People would freak with them over here lol

2 Likes

Wow that sucks @GPC2012 hope you get better soon I sent out a Prayer for you

2 Likes

After reading all these posts with more horror stories the poor guy is probably in shock now :scream:

There was this family I knew in the UK who emigrated to Australia and they had to come back ASAP because the woman had a nervous breakdown, she thought the neighbours garden hose was a snake. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

That’s just funny… I lived in the Okannagan here in Canada for a while and at first I was nervous about rattle snakes and black widows and hobo spiders after awhile it wasn’t actually that scary you just used a little common sense about looking before shoving your limbs in places…

I did have a mini heartattack once over a wolf spider climbing up my shorts while I was sitting in the grass playing with my oldest child and wanted to move at that moment…

Up until that day other than terrantulas in a pet store I had only even seen tiny house spiders and dandylong legs

3 Likes

How are you doing @GPC2012 ??

4 Likes

LMAO!!! No wonder! Women HATE spiders over here, and these are small house spiders no bigger than two fingers! They are giants over there compared.

3 Likes

My fingers are pretty big mind! :grinning:
Since my youngest daughter moved out my house is festooned with spiders. Like in the UK they’re harmless. My daughter would have a heart attack looking at a spider the size of a pin. I’m sort of ambiguous when it comes to spiders. They fascinate me but I don’t want them to walk on me, if you catch my drift :unamused:
If they leave me alone, I’ll do likewise, if not, I get my spider catcher and out they go!

1 Like