Prepaid Debit Cards

Hey guys. I’ve been reading a lot of your threads lately, and just placed an order for flavors to start mixing. After I placed my order I was on here and I saw the thread about fraudulent charges on cards and some people said something about a Prepaid debit card. I was wondering which Prepaid cards you suggest and why?

6 Likes

The cheapest, easiest ones I’ve found are Visa Gift cards. Keep the receipt and register it to your name and address. Some vendors like Bull City will not take it unless it’s registered. Never use Master Card because their customer service is shit and they charge a lot of extra fees. Other kinds of re-loadable debt cards require a lot more personal information which could be compromised in case of a data breach plus they have fees and conditions that make it all more complicated than it has to be.

Just to be safe, if you’re getting the card from a local store with all the cards hanging on a rack, take the card from the very back of the row. In rare cases thieves can skim all the info off a card without damaging the cardboard sheath. Then they just have to wait for it to be activated and when it is, they have everything they need to use it. That’s another reason to register it in your name right away.

7 Likes

i love the green dot card it is 4.95 every time you load but i make sure i load only once ir twice a month , its easy to use and accepted everywhere , they send you a card with your name and attach a billing address to it so its like a real debit carx, some prepaids dont do that so they arent accepted , walmart has a card that has no fees just a one time purchase charge but i havent tried or used it

5 Likes

And make sure you use as much of it as you possibly can, the one time use cards. If the card go’s dormant for a couple months they start with the service charges until the balance is gone.

Personally i use Paypal as much as possible.

5 Likes

thats another thi g i like about green dot they dont do stuff like that as kong as you actively use it , mine is for my vape stuff and if im not using it for vape stuff im usually ordering other things online so i dont get dinged

4 Likes

I wasn’t sure if I wanted to just keep using my debit card or if I wanted to get a Prepaid card or gift card. Being honest if I get a Prepaid card I’d want a reloadable one that I can just transfer money from my bank account. But I’m not really sure if I wanna pay those monthly fees.

4 Likes

I also just ordered my supplies from nicriver and they don’t take PayPal. And I really like their pricing for vg, pg, and nic.

4 Likes

if you dont have the tendancy to impulse buy you shldnt have a problem using your debut and tranfering to paypal , i on the other hand have to control myself one way or another and when it comes to getting things i want i have no control

5 Likes

And to be honest you really cant beat their prices on any of it. It is the only online vendor that i have used a credit card with.

4 Likes

I usually do impulse buy. But only when I know that I can afford it. I was planning on using it for vape supplies but idk if I’m not sure how much I would be buying a month, and if it would be helpful or hurtful to me.

2 Likes

Bull City Flavors and GremlinDIY accept Paypal, i use them for most of my flavor orders and then NR for nic with a credit card. I havent read of anyone having any issues with breeches over there and most credit card companies are pretty good about this stuff. But when i can i will always use a disposable even if i have to waste a buck or two.

3 Likes

Gotcha. I think I’m gonna stick to my debit card to see how many times I actually buy in a month and then if the prepaid will be better I’ll go with it.

2 Likes

keep in mind if you do get into DIY i truly believe you cant stick with just one vendor otherwise youbqont get the best of the best , i shop at a minimum of 5 vendors because they all dont carry the same things and sometimes the sales are too good not to shop at one place or another , you will end up getting the vulk of your things at one place but you will get sucked into buying at multiple places example if you want FA whipped cream your gonna have to shop at ECX and if you want LB VIC you will need to shop at BCF or LB direct , then if you want to get MF you will have to shop at MF or GEB

3 Likes

is gremlin still using those vials ??? for the flavors ?

2 Likes

You guys have been really helpful!! Thank you so much!!
This was my first order so I decided to start with one and go from there. I’m sure I’ll work my way up to more vendors.

Thank you for being so nice and welcoming!!!

3 Likes

Vials? Cant say i ever got a vial from them.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums and never hesitate to holler when you have a question. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

2 Likes

What the hell, d00d. When was this?

2 Likes

yes welcome and ask @Ken_O_Where anything hes the man , or you can ask anyone lol im just giving ken crap

2 Likes