Printing ELR Recipes Screenshots on Labels

I recently had a moment of big brain time and found out, that my Labelprinter can print screenshots of any ELR recipe.
So here is how i do that and what you need.

I use a Brother QL Series Printer, the one i have is the QL570, but i don’t think they make that one any longer, but there are others in that series liek the QL700.
I costs around 100$ and i use a non-paper label on a roll like the DK 44605.
One roll lasts you ages.

There is Brother’s own software suite and it’s where you print the label.
You have to set the properties to:
landscape format, 62mm by 42mm, high resolution
you then choose import picture, but you choose import screenshot, and you can screenshot the recipe on elr.
maybe you have to stretch it a bit, but leave about 2mm around as the printer does not the outer rim.

To make it more visible i recommend to us ELR in dark mode, the readability is higher in this setting.

The DK 44605 is not paper it’s like a plastic print film, you can easily remove the label from the bottle after use.
This way you can re-use the bottle for new recipes and the print does not rub off cause it’s themalprint.

Why i do this you may ask?
Think about givig out a bottle or two to your friends, they can easily identify the ingredients in your mix - you can easily track down your notes and variations and it looks quite cool. :wink:

17 Likes

I like that idea now if only commercial companies would do that. It would probably say PG/Vg and artificial flavoring🤣

12 Likes

And just to satisfy my own curiosity, I dug this up:

11 Likes

What no MF Dark Chocolate? And only 2% OOO Chocolate Milk is that even present at 2%. I know VT chocolate milk @ 2 is very present.

8 Likes

i am very sensitive to chocolate flavors, this recipe is what i can endure without having the impression of vaping pencil shavings :wink:

9 Likes

That’s completely understandable. I’m not knocking it, I know chocolate flavored vapes are tough. If it works for you is all that matters.

7 Likes

Ive got a QL-700, might have to give this a whirl. Thanks @Echodub, great information here.

3 Likes

somewhere in the printing options it let’s you choose fine print or similar… with that the print should be even more detailed

4 Likes

Can you link us to the label printer? I never owned one before.

3 Likes

I got mine off Amazon, they are awesome. Even the software is pretty decent stocked with free clipart too. So you can do neat little things like this:

Chery Cola

8 Likes

I gotta have one!

5 Likes

Ive had mine for many years now and it has never ever let me down. At the time i was going to buy a color one but i think it was ProVapes who got that the 700 and i loved the labels he made so i grabbed it.

There are probably newer and better ones but ill pass on those, at least until this one breaks down.

6 Likes

I give a lot of my mixes to friends and with those labels the bottles look really classy

5 Likes

Agreed @Ken_O_Where the QL series plain rock. I have never ordered or used precut labels as I just get the long continuous rolls, and start printing. I chose the WIFI version so I can print from any device in the house.

5 Likes

If any of you are on the fence …

3 Likes

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thx for all the info.

3 Likes

So I can use my phone with the Brother label maker?

3 Likes

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Brother+Industries,+Ltd.&hl=en_US&gl=US

2 Likes

The link is not working! Nevermind, I found it with a Google play search.
Thanks!

3 Likes

@SessionDrummer I heard you say “if you sell juice”. So, I don’t sell juice and just need labeling for my own needs. Can you recommend a less expensive model for my needs. I do like the option of using a plastic print film/thermal print. Does that feature exist in the less expensive models?

ETA: I found the QL600 on amazon but the app doesn’t work for that model.

3 Likes