Private Recipes Sneak Peek (WIPs) 2020

Absolutely…if it checks all the boxes ill make her a one shot so she doesn’t have to buy the flaves

5 Likes

I’m crossing my fingers for success. Those little Hostess raspberry powdered sugared doughnuts have been my fav for years.

I bought Zeppola and never tried it, I’ll have to mix up a tester and see if it’s play doh free for me. Thanks for the info :smiley:

EDIT: Or maybe I did try it and need to go look at my notes?

5 Likes

I had to try this off the shake well a couple hours you can tell its a sweet dough with Raspberry…From my experiance it seems promising…

4 Likes

What do you think of this one? I’ve looked at it a few times, just never ordered.

I actually mixed some out of my norm last mix session. There were 4 different Apricot mixes, which have turned out pretty well so far.

A mango/strawberry/passionfruit cheesecake (maybe this ones not so different)

A couple I still need to test: A milk base using FA Milk and a few other things.
an all Flavorah Chocolate Slice sort of thing.

4 Likes

To be honest I can’t tell you bc I havent tested ANY of these flavors I used in the last mix except MF Wild Rasp…i will be testing them all this week though

5 Likes

Uodate: 4day steep

This has really surprised me it is most definitely a Raspberry Doughnut without any of the typical off notes , sweet dough and I swear im even getting the powdered sugar part…Will keep you posted in another week

10 Likes

I have to agree with SD, it looks good on paper!

I am a bit perplexed by the vanilla custard cheesecake though… Were you going for a raspberry custard filling (I assume) or does it serve some other purpose?

4 Likes

My understanding is that its a mouth feel flavor , not really a custard more cheesecake than anyrhing …But remember i have never used or tested any of these flavors except the MF… When I mix a recipe and it’s heavy with bakery types ( bread like ) concentrates ill often use a cream or custard / cheesecake to moisten the mix make it dense kind of pull the Bready flavors together and bind them …

5 Likes

I couldn’t find my funnel cake earlier in the week, found it this morning. I’ve ordered that vanilla custard cheesecake. This is what I’d did and I’m liking the combo of the funnel cake and glazed donut.

9 Likes

Beautiful…it seems to work right ???

3 Likes

Yeah I reckon so and I’m judging off the shake. Tastes like it should improve with a sit.

3 Likes

Waaaaaaay out of my comfort zone…I got this recipe scrolling through Cucumber drink ideas . Spring is right around the corner and ill be vaping a lot of Lemonade mixes . This year im steeping out of my comfort zone so please excuse me if this V1 ( WIP ) is way off…

@marsh8 if your working on something like this im calling the cops and getting a restraining order bc then I
will know you have eyes in my mixing room :joy::upside_down_face::thinking::rofl:

5 Likes

Na you’re safe this week, they must be broken @fidalgo_vapes, :crazy_face: I don’t have any of those flavours
Didn’t really leave my comfort zone this week, the furtherest I got from mine was adding rhubarb to some favourites and an all WF Strawberry Creamy thing that is actually really good after only a couple of days. :drooling_face: :drooling_face:

9 Likes

I have never triwd Rhubarb anything …I always thought it was a sweeter celery…

6 Likes

If it was like celery I wouldn’t be eating it. :crazy_face: Rhubarb and Apple was very common, when I was growing up. Probably an old fashioned dessert in Australia and New Zealand.
It can be a bit tart if it’s not cooked right. That’s why when I made the mix, I used strawberry instead of apple just to sweeten it up.
My favourite way to eat it is in a rhubarb and apple crumble with lots of custard.
crumble

8 Likes

Oooooo I like that…

4 Likes
10 Likes

Here’s my Lemon Squares creation from last weekend. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Ill have the Short bread Cokkies soon…That is what I really wanted to use in my recipe above…I thought i had it …Awesome I was getting worried our minds were no longer linked lol

March 10 ill ha e the entire line Both Collections :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

It’s funny how close our minds work. :rofl:
I nearly used the graham crust but I wanted something lighter so gave this a go, first time with the shortbread.
This one needs a little tweaking, it’s a bit sharp still but it might need a bit longer

4 Likes