Profile RDA users help!

Also you could use the same technique for wicking regular coils with rayon right?

3 Likes

The only thing I would change is the C clamp on the mod. You need a block of wood with a 510 source mounted on it. Then you could tighten down the C clamp without worries of damaging a mod.

But what you did there was very creative.

4 Likes

Yep I wish I had one thanks for the idea=)

4 Likes

$5 plus shipping and a good piece of wood and you are set for installing coils and wicking.

4 Likes

Order placed! its going to be a nice addition to the growing tool arsenal

4 Likes

Wood? You thought the wicking was creative wait till you see this contraption…" Now wheres that piece of titanium I had laying around =)"

5 Likes

Damn, you’re clever. I’ll give it a try.

4 Likes

Ok, just got done rewicking. I put my RDA on a Coilmaster 521 tab and it held just fine on the wooden table.

It was tough getting all that Rayon in. I had to remove a bit along the length. With the new spring I had just added, I had to push down hard and constantly on the plate while wiggling the rayon. I did get it and and it’s working great. I love this RDA.

One new spring put on. I tried 3 different lengths and finally settled on the same length as the original. It’s about twice as thick though and it’s tighter than a duck’s butt. Plus, it’ll last much longer. Thanks for the idea.

5 Likes

Glad to hear! I’m sure others have had that idea too so I won’t claim originality. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I haven’t changed my spring just using the one that came in it. Probably why it was easier for me to pull the fat rayon through.

4 Likes

sry, am a bit back on my forum reading so late to the party. I was skimming thru, saw the clamp in the pic and said wtf is he going to do w/ that huge clamp :rofl: only the likes of us would think to and be doing shit like this! love it!

5 Likes

So a little less than 24 hours into my Rayon wick experiment I have noticed several changes.

1. Rayon has no taste it’s completely invisable. Cotton, on the other hand, added some taste that’s hard to describe.
  2. This fat wick sits super tight on the squonk pin and never goes dry for me. Once I got a tiny hint a dry hit was coming SQUONK!
  3. All my mixes taste so much better =)
  4. Cloud Production much bigger.
  5. I normally vape at 40 watts anything higher is too hot for me (DL) now I’m at 55 watts its nice and warm normally at 55 watts my profile gets really hot to the touch not any more.
    That’s all for now =)
    Thanks for the advice I’m rayon forever plus for 15 bucks you can buy a lifetime supply.
  6. Totally forgot this one No wet sloppy hits from over squonking!
5 Likes

I had that problem when I first got mine and I figured out that on mine if the cotton was not touching along the very outside edge of the mesh it was heating up in the spot the cotton wasn’t touching it along that fine edge of the mesh. Once I pushed the cotton around to where it made contact along the whole length of the edges on both sides it stopped dry hitting because the edges weren’t getting hotter faster after the cotton made total contact. I hope I was able to word that to where it makes sense when read by everyone. lol… Good luck hope you’ve been able to get it working for you, it is a good RDA to have.

5 Likes

When the box comes it’ll all be roped up in there, or in a “coil”. A freind gave me a tip on the perfect amount to use. Cut two lengths of the fiber the size of how much you want to wick. You take the second lenth, and cut it in half the lenght ways. In other words 1 and a half is the right amount. Does that make sense? I did it and it’s been working great.

Rayon when squonked gets super wet. It’s a different kind of absorbency. The flavor breaks in fast and I’d describe it as clean. It’s a super clean flavor now.

5 Likes

I’ve found the same thing. More is definitely better with this rda.

2 Likes

So here it is my diy fully articulated suction cup base atty stand.
The table top spins and locks into position you want.
It’s a repurposed tablet stand I choose the suction cup base because we have granite countertops and sticks like friggin glue!
My 510 connector hasn’t arrived yet so I drilled a small hole and screwed the addy in for demo purposes only.
What do you think comments?
It’s very rigid when locked very little movement any where.

11 Likes

Another clever idea. I think it’s something that many serious vapers would like to have. Kudos!

4 Likes

wow super fast delivery. Ordered on Friday here today =)

4 Likes

Time to finish this project

2 Likes

now it’s finished=)

8 Likes