Profile RDA users help!

I haven’t changed my spring just using the one that came in it. Probably why it was easier for me to pull the fat rayon through.

4 Likes

sry, am a bit back on my forum reading so late to the party. I was skimming thru, saw the clamp in the pic and said wtf is he going to do w/ that huge clamp :rofl: only the likes of us would think to and be doing shit like this! love it!

5 Likes

So a little less than 24 hours into my Rayon wick experiment I have noticed several changes.

1. Rayon has no taste it’s completely invisable. Cotton, on the other hand, added some taste that’s hard to describe.
  2. This fat wick sits super tight on the squonk pin and never goes dry for me. Once I got a tiny hint a dry hit was coming SQUONK!
  3. All my mixes taste so much better =)
  4. Cloud Production much bigger.
  5. I normally vape at 40 watts anything higher is too hot for me (DL) now I’m at 55 watts its nice and warm normally at 55 watts my profile gets really hot to the touch not any more.
    That’s all for now =)
    Thanks for the advice I’m rayon forever plus for 15 bucks you can buy a lifetime supply.
  6. Totally forgot this one No wet sloppy hits from over squonking!
5 Likes

I had that problem when I first got mine and I figured out that on mine if the cotton was not touching along the very outside edge of the mesh it was heating up in the spot the cotton wasn’t touching it along that fine edge of the mesh. Once I pushed the cotton around to where it made contact along the whole length of the edges on both sides it stopped dry hitting because the edges weren’t getting hotter faster after the cotton made total contact. I hope I was able to word that to where it makes sense when read by everyone. lol… Good luck hope you’ve been able to get it working for you, it is a good RDA to have.

5 Likes

When the box comes it’ll all be roped up in there, or in a “coil”. A freind gave me a tip on the perfect amount to use. Cut two lengths of the fiber the size of how much you want to wick. You take the second lenth, and cut it in half the lenght ways. In other words 1 and a half is the right amount. Does that make sense? I did it and it’s been working great.

Rayon when squonked gets super wet. It’s a different kind of absorbency. The flavor breaks in fast and I’d describe it as clean. It’s a super clean flavor now.

5 Likes

I’ve found the same thing. More is definitely better with this rda.

2 Likes

So here it is my diy fully articulated suction cup base atty stand.
The table top spins and locks into position you want.
It’s a repurposed tablet stand I choose the suction cup base because we have granite countertops and sticks like friggin glue!
My 510 connector hasn’t arrived yet so I drilled a small hole and screwed the addy in for demo purposes only.
What do you think comments?
It’s very rigid when locked very little movement any where.

11 Likes

Another clever idea. I think it’s something that many serious vapers would like to have. Kudos!

4 Likes

wow super fast delivery. Ordered on Friday here today =)

4 Likes

Time to finish this project

2 Likes

now it’s finished=)

8 Likes

Magnifier added

Easily adjusted to any angle =)

5 Likes

Just like a bought one :wink:

4 Likes

You know… I had been trying to place what your stand reminded me of since you first posted your creation, and it finally just clicked!

A Garmin GPS windshield mount!

I have a couple of old ones laying around…
They also make a non-suction cup, free-standing and non-skid dash-top stand (I have one of those too lol).

Not quite as fancy (or positional) as your excellent creation. But I figured I’d toss it out there for anyone who might have such things laying about! :wink:

4 Likes

When I Vape with my profile I hold the squonk bottle until the RDA fills up to the bottom row of air holes then I let it sit for about 30 seconds for all the juice to come back down. Pretty much soak the crap out of it. And then when I’m using it I squonk probably every five or seven hits. It’s been working good for me. Have never had to drip on top.

3 Likes

It used to be one of these things =)

2 Likes

I am ready for the Profile Unity RTA now. When I got the Profile RDA I wished it was a RTA and low and behold they come out with one a month or so later lol so Now I am gonna have to but it too. But at least I know exactly how to build and wick it so I won’t have the issues with the Unity when I get it. lol… It is a good RDA though, my only issue is how hard it is to switch flavors with it because of all the cotton each flavor really holds on and is a pain to get worked out to vape a new flavor. You can’t really vape it dry to get the old flavor out without burning the cotton up completely… lol but really thats the only issue I have with it now,

3 Likes

Do you squonk it? No, i guess not you answered my question with your post…The profile is better squonking. Let us know how it works though sounds interesting.

2 Likes

I’m one of those penny pinchers so I won’t order it the instant it is out I will more than likely wait till I can catch a sale or a good Discount Code somewhere then buy it. But once I do get it I will def make a post to let ya’ll know how it works, if someone else doesn’t beat me to it first lol…

3 Likes

I want to try the Unity as well, more out of curiosity than liking RTAs. I do agree with you about switching flavors. It is a pita and a bit time consuming compared to a regular RDA. I get around it by using profiles. For example, I love lemon recipes and have no problem using 2 or more with the same rayon. I’ll do the same with my cinnamon recipes. It’s all good.

4 Likes