Profile RDA users help!

Good move - the Graham Cellucotton is all I use. The size of the rayon (in the box)is perfect for a 4mm id coil - remember that with rayon you will have to pack the coil a little tighter than cotton (cotton expands when soaked where as rayon doesn’t)

8 Likes

I watched this video the other day and learned two things. The first is I took one of the spare springs and pushed it together with the first then put back on. It’s a bit stiffer. A thicker spring would be nice if I could track some down.

The other thing is the way she trims it. Like just about everyone I’ve been trimming the tops off, as shown in the Wotofo video. She trims the bottom. I have to say it works much better. I suggest everyone give it a try.

7 Likes

Going Rayon today! I’ve got some great wicking ideas I’ll post later =)

8 Likes

Here is some lite reading on rayon. Lots of good info on wicking.

8 Likes

I started using Rayon over a year ago…i have COPD an cotton killed me the first tank of juice…coffed up pieces of lung…i tried just about every cotton out there…i have a big stash…I can open a tampoon factory…but come in handy washing the dogs ears…only cotton I could vape some what is the muji an keh gen doh…it was not bleached…but still could taste it a bit…
I tried some hemp…was not for me…to woody at first…

I went over to ECF an asked around…and was given the link to rayon…read alot…lots loved it some did not…

so before i got any…i went to the drug store an asked what they stuffed in the pill bottles…was told rayon…not cotton…

iI asked if i could buy a small piece to try in vaping…the druggist came out with like 5 feet…

drove home an tore wicks out an loaded with rayon…both RDA an RTA…juiced up an RDA first…hmmm…WOW no taste …no coff…hit a few more times…same thing…in heaven now…i avaped it very close to dry…i wanted to see if true it did not ghost flavors…so i dripped in another flavor …first pull …a slight taste of the prior flavor…next pull…nothing but the new flavor…nice

now for the RTA…juiced her up…let sit a few minutes to get all wet inside…then pulled…again…nice…i am one happy vapor now…chain vaped a bit to see how she kept up…she was suckin in the juice like crazy…bubbles coming up…,

so to me rayon saved me…i was going to almost give up vaping…cotton was tearing my lungs up

BIG WARNING…never let the tank or RDA run DRY…a dry hit from Rayon is worse than going to hell…but you get a warning first…it will be lack of flavor…then better juice her up…

I hope u all enjoy the rayon cause i sure do…

I forgot to mention…i have the Profile RDA…an use rayon to stuff it…very very good…intense flavor from it…I also pre ordered the Profile Unity…same deck…the Profile has brought mesh to a new level

7 Likes

Those springs are flimsy AF. I took a spring from a ball point pen, clipped it in half and it fit perfectly! The deck has more travel and is much stiffer now .

16 Likes

Awesome! I’ll give it a try.

4 Likes

Let us know how it works out. Mine is doing good!

3 Likes

Ink pen spring tip STOLEN! Thanks =)

5 Likes

The Bunny Ear Wick for the Profile

First you need all of this : rayon exactly what I have, scissors, a piece of small wire, a C clamp or a third arm

Take out the BATTERY and accidental button push would not be good.
Next clean out all old crappy cotton and cut a 6 inch chunk of rayon off the coil.
Clamp your mod very lightly in the clamp ( its a third hand as most of us only have two)
Bend your wire like this ( it doesn’t have to be wire dental floss will work all your making is a loop
Put the wire thru the coil ( don’t damage it )
Slide the cotton thru the wire like threading a needle
(upload://gzDafrQvubT48QVforX02v5TJOl.jpeg)
Pull on the rayon and the wire at the same time ( everything gets skinny enough to easily slide this GIANT wick thru the screen) now go left to right once or twice to fluff it.
Trim this beast and tuck.
Add a ton of juice and vape!
This wick is twice as thick as the anything else and it hits like a monster.
Comments?

2 Likes

The first trim you can see how fat this baby is!
The taste on rayon is a huge difference!

5 Likes

Also you could use the same technique for wicking regular coils with rayon right?

3 Likes

The only thing I would change is the C clamp on the mod. You need a block of wood with a 510 source mounted on it. Then you could tighten down the C clamp without worries of damaging a mod.

But what you did there was very creative.

4 Likes

Yep I wish I had one thanks for the idea=)

4 Likes

$5 plus shipping and a good piece of wood and you are set for installing coils and wicking.

4 Likes

Order placed! its going to be a nice addition to the growing tool arsenal

4 Likes

Wood? You thought the wicking was creative wait till you see this contraption…" Now wheres that piece of titanium I had laying around =)"

5 Likes

Damn, you’re clever. I’ll give it a try.

4 Likes

Ok, just got done rewicking. I put my RDA on a Coilmaster 521 tab and it held just fine on the wooden table.

It was tough getting all that Rayon in. I had to remove a bit along the length. With the new spring I had just added, I had to push down hard and constantly on the plate while wiggling the rayon. I did get it and and it’s working great. I love this RDA.

One new spring put on. I tried 3 different lengths and finally settled on the same length as the original. It’s about twice as thick though and it’s tighter than a duck’s butt. Plus, it’ll last much longer. Thanks for the idea.

5 Likes

Glad to hear! I’m sure others have had that idea too so I won’t claim originality. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes