Profile RDA users help!

@RexRabbit Wanted to pop back in and thank you for your Rayon rec and ‘bunny ears’! I loved the Profile before, but i flat out ADORE the little sucker, now.:wink: I’ve got everyone in our family wicking with rayon, now. I’m going to try the Firebolt agleted cotton just cause everyone is raving about it so much, but honestly… I’m pretty damned happy about my wicking with rayon, and its so darned cheap! We’ve got a couple Kylin M’s on order (should be here tomorrow or so) and I’m hoping it works as great with those! The bunny ears and rayon totally saved my VV Revolver, too. I was ready to drop kick that sucker, but now performs like a champeeeen. ty ty

4 Likes

Another thing I have noticed is the “mesh” used. I do not want to call OFRF mesh at all. Just a sheet of metal with holes poked in it. They have given me the worst case of dry hits ever. I use Vandy Vape NI80 mesh and rayon. I never leave home without it. No dry or burnt hits if your cotton is wet. The only thing I use the OFRF “mesh” is to measure out more Vandy Vape mesh sizes. Damn good stuff.

4 Likes

I still haven’t moved into the mesh camp, but I appreciate the heads up @Skullblade789. Without this information I could see myself using the OFRF, and dry hacking all the way to the trash can. Might have just saved me from doing that.

3 Likes

Its totally perspective, I swear. I LOVE the OFRF mesh, but then I’m wicking per @Deerslayer 's suggestion with the bunny ears/troll doll hair style, which is rather different than the recommended way to wick a Profile. There’s something about the OFRF that I like way better than the Wotofo, and much better than the VV Mesh wire. I can’t explain it well, but when you get it to the proper degree of ‘wet’ its like a totally incredible effervescent vape. Almost feels like when you pour a huge glass of coke, and go to take a drink before it stops fizzing like crazy.

Few other people here have mentioned the same. It only works with OFRF, and only works if its the right degree of saturation. Too wet, not wet enough it just vapes like good mesh. But I like it.

4 Likes

I just got some VV NI80 and I like it a lot. It’s the first time I’ve used NI80 in anything and it seems to agree with me. I agree with about the OFRF. I used it once and was unimpressed.

One thing I like very much about the NI80 is its stiffness. I’ve found stainless steel mesh is a bit delicate and doesn’t hold a shape well.

My NI80 is coming in at .09 ohms, though. I’ve never vaped anything that low before. I’ve got my Topside up to 75w and it’s working well. It just means I’m going through the battery quicker, but that’s what they’re for anyway.

2 Likes

If you make the VV NI80 mesh just a bit thinner than the Wotofo width wise(same length), it will add more resistance. When I first started using it same length and width as the Wotofo, I was getting .09 or .08 ohms. I can’t quite remember where I read to trim it thinner, but I’ve managed to get it to .11 - .12 after trimming which is closer to the resistance of the OFRF mesh. I only vape at about 50 watts and it gives a great vape. I try and keep my amps below my batteries continuous amp rating.

4 Likes

Thanks for that, I’ll give it a try.

3 Likes

Looks like Vandy Vape has some new mesh coils for the Profile now. Looking forward to checking out how the SS ones do in TC.

http://www.vandyvape.com/accessories/vape-wires/

5 Likes

VV came out with SS ones, and so did OFRF! I’ve got the OFRF SS winging their way to me now, so excited to use TC again. :wink:

4 Likes

I recently got the SS OFRF ones. I’ve been using the VV ones for about 8 months now, first the SS, then the Ni80. I’ve also only used SS in everything else for 2 years, so I’ve got some idea what SS should taste like. I’ve found the SS OFRF to have a metallic taste, something I’ve never experienced with SS before, in any form. This is in both the Profile and the Unity. The Ni80 seems to give me the ultimate flavor of my juices and I’ve never noticed any off taste. It’s weird, but I’ll keep at it for awhile.

2 Likes

Oh, that is strange! I get most of those weirdo off notes too, due to chemical sensitivities, so hoping its not noticeable for me. You mentioned you’ve been using the VV SS for 8 mos without the metallic tinge… You mean the VV individual mesh SS strips, not the ‘mesh wire’, correct? Just want to double check what to get next in case OFRF tastes like I’m chewing on a fork. :stuck_out_tongue: I already got the mesh wire, and while its functional, I don’t find it as enjoyable as the OFRF original mesh in Kanthal. I really seem to like those lil bendable mesh guys.

3 Likes

It’s the mesh that comes in the 5ft rolls. After I posted above, I swapped out the OFRF SS I had been vaping for the VV Ni80 and the metallic taste was gone. It’s weird that I’m getting that from SS, so who knows, maybe it’s a bad strip, or batch, or something. I can say that it tastes more like Kanthal than SS. I’ll keep at it until I’m definitively sure about it.

2 Likes

Aaah, got it! Ok, well VV has ALSO come out with the individual strips, similar to the ORFR Mesh, in SS. Not sure if like me you have a preference for those, or not.

I also know there’s a way you can ‘pre treat’ SS mesh… but have no idea how. :wink:

3 Likes

torch, or if it is installed… fire it up before putting your wicking on/in…

3 Likes

lol then I’ve been doing it inadvertently with dry burn & strum at low heat before wicking. ty sir!

2 Likes

no worries… but I am not a sir lol :stuck_out_tongue:

mesh and torching go back to the genie tank days…

3 Likes

OMG! I’m so sorry! I always thought u were a guy! Gotta love the internet. :wink: Apologies, but now I know. BTW, got the Flavorah Red Velvet and Frosting, and they’re DIVINE. The Red Velvet is such a SMOOTH chocolate! Still need a few flavors to try the Red Velvet w cream cheese and the cream cheese stone recipes, but they’re on the list! I have been digging SteamCraft’s “So Vanilla” recipe with the Red Velvet Flavorah, though.

3 Likes

Is fine… kinda hard to see thru a monitor or screen :wink:

I do hope you are enjoying them… just finished yet another donut and playing with the idea of juice boxes :wink: After going thru 5 yrs of tanks rdas and more… honey do chores loll… :smile:

3 Likes

I’ve been looking at that profile rta. I’m tired of having to change out 3-5 ml of liquid to taste a flavor I’m not sure I’m going to like.

4 Likes

I just can’t recommend it enough. I’ve been vaping a looong time, and it is without a doubt the best flavor, best ‘floofy’ clouds, and easiest build I’ve ever used in any rebuildable. Airflow and draw is like silk. You can pick them up inexpensively now, too. If you grab one, I suggest you try the OFRF mesh, instead of the Wotofo. And if you’re a TC vaper, OFRF mesh just came out with a SS version… I’m waiting on my delivery of the SS now. I do have to say the Kylin M (mesh tank, uses the same OFRF strips) is great, though… a very close second, which is pretty awesome for a tank. But for tasting, dripping, squonking… Profile all day long.lol There’s a really great thread here where we’re tossing questions back forth…if you end up picking up Profile, track me down and I’ll hunt it up for you. Oh, and for tasting… the sally beauty rayon (yell if you need link) is divine. It doesn’t get as gunky or hold flavors quite like the cotton imo, so I love it for tasting. Half time I don’t even worry about rewicking, just plop one flavor on top of another. After a few puffs, it vapes pretty clean w new flavor. Just me being lazy. rofl

5 Likes