Properly storing nicotine

I broke mine down using different size bottles using 2 and 4 ox bottles. I can use the 2oz bottles when needed without breaking down further. The 4oz I’ll break down again when my 2 oz are empty. Eliminates the need for me opening as many bottles as necessary. I labeled them so my hoomans don’t mess with them and also with a date so I know when I stuck them in the freezer.

8 Likes

Good read…

https://allaboute-cigarettes.proboards.com/thread/26523/nicotine-degradation-myths

5 Likes

Yeah they’re some neatly arranged little bottles there.

I’m feeling the strong urge to finish off those bottle caps though, with a strip of plumber’s tape to seal the seal airtight…

3 Likes

I just haven’t done it yet, I’m not quite finished with all my storage as I need to split my nic salts up I just got in the mail.

3 Likes

And same here @HawaiianVaporTraiz… I think there are more of us than you realise in this age bracket and older mate.

8 Likes

With the nic base I’m planning on getting (2-liters), freezer space is going to run out fast. I’m lucky she’s allowing me the luxury of buying vape stuff I really need,but I think she’ll draw the line when it comes to freezer space.

Any ideas where I can find a small and affordable freezer?

4 Likes

Any home improvement store in your area. Here is a example.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Magic-Chef-5-0-cu-ft-Chest-Freezer-in-White-HMCF5W4/311895690

5 Likes

Yep, tell me about it. I always told myself that 70 was old, now I don’t believe it anymore :rofl:

7 Likes

Well, I shoulda listened to SessionDrummer. I ordered some on Amazon from GBO for my upcoming nic order. Decided to save some money. Not the cleanest bottles at all…makes me wonder if they may have been used. No worries, ran them through the dishwasher. Ended up setting 4 of the 12 to the side as they have something inside. Also, some of the caps seem to not fit well and shed plastic pieces. Lesson learned. I think they will be fine but will order the Wheaton next time.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about that @scifoc. Having used Amazon (Glass Bottle Outlet) for years, and realizing the bottles just get cleaned, loaded, and frozen, and not constantly used, except for working bottles, I’m trying to remember when I started noticing problems. Maybe in the last 6 months. I’d just gotten used to the somewhat thin caps, and loosing a few every time I used a batch of them. Seemed like the caps just got cheaper/thinner maybe ? I think when I was PRE-prepping about a month or so ago, and lost a few more caps when tightening them on, I knew I had to change up.

The Wheaton’s while not amber, and slightly more expensive, are clearly far superior, and appear to be made for the scientific community, as opposed to Amazon weekend warriors. The glass is clearly thicker, the threads on the bottles are much thicker, and the caps are MUCH better. You can feel it every time you open one up. Hopefully you don’t have any more issues, before your deep freeze, but bookmark the Wheaton’s so you have it handy, and ready to go.

2 Likes

I would of returned them for that reason. Amazon is great with returns. They will ship you a replacement immediately. Even before you return the old ones.

3 Likes

So the smallest size I can order at LNW now is a liter. Does anyone have 4 of the nice 250ml or 2 500ml Wheaton bottles that they would be willing to sell me? Can venmo payment and shipping. Don’t really have a need to buy a whole case.

4 Likes

I’d LOVE to help @scifoc, mine are ALL filled up. :frowning:

2 Likes

Just send the full ones then…lol j/k. BTW, seen you’ve been busy on BCF doing reviews. :grinning:

4 Likes

Ordered and received my Amazon/GBO amber glass bottles in 120 ml and 60 ml sizes. First thing I did was to thoroughly rinse the bottles and caps and let them air dry. My order of nic arrived about three days later.

I’m glad I ordered from River right before the deadline; the DIY base kit and nic can no longer be found on their website.

Shook the living heck out of the nic solution, and transferred them to their respective bottles via a glass beaker and funnel using proper safety gear. BTW, I also love detailing cars, so I have a bunch of nitrile gloves on hand. That plus the similar safety habits involved when dealing with chemicals.

Labeled the bottles up, sealed them tight, and as an extra measure, sealed the outside of the caps with some battery wraps cut to size. I don’t have a heat gun, so I borrowed my wife’s hair dryer.

Next I transferred the bottles to two, one-gallon size freezer zip lock bags, labeled the bags, and they are now comfortably sleeping in my freezer.

I have a bunch of 30 ml glass bottles with dropper caps lying around that was used for pre-made e-liquids. Rinsed them thoroughly, and soaked in a vinegar and water solution to get rid of any residual smells, and to sanitize them. Transferred some of my VG and PG to two of those bottles, and they are sitting in the fridge. I’m wondering if I should move all my remaining VG and PG to glass bottles as well, and store in the fridge?

Next up: I’m torn between ordering new 18650’s (which I need), or get some flavor extracts, which at this time is more of a want. I already have a large stash of the pre-made stuff that’ll last me at least six months.

Thoughts on the VG and PG storage?

2 Likes

I don’t see many great deals on 18650 battery’s. Not even good deals. I would consider doing a little of both. Buy a battery or two to keep running and a couple of flavors you think you need for a recipe or two.

3 Likes

I don’t see why you would need to …

If it for stocking up ?? You dont need to worry … if you need new batteries that is what i would do … The most important thing in Vaping is to have batteries in good condition

4 Likes

I just stocked up on batts. For the last year+ I have solely used Molicel P26A 18650 2600mAh 35A Battery. Great performance and zero problems Check the Battery Mooch for data (er Google?) A good price on IMR ($4.99 ea) Molicel P26A 18650 2600mAh 35A Battery | INR-18650-P26A

Since you guys brought this thread back to life I didn’t want to totally re-read …pretty sure I am up to date with this thread over the last 5+ years, but reminded me of a previous post from me for the label I use on bottles and locations I store my Nic. Especially when I was reading about family safety re: bottles in the regular home freezer (with your groceries and random visitors).

If something were to occur (breakage/spillage?) it may be important to inform those involved that nicotine concentrates are a poison and provide options/info (if you’re not there?) Check out this old post with some graphics you can cut/paste or inspire your own labels

4 Likes

I remember picking up this battery for less than $4.00 at 18650 Battery. But sadly they are more today… I believe more than a 25% inflation of over $5.00 today if they are in stock at all. Their better rated batterys for what we do with them they can’t seem to keep in stock.

3 Likes

That probably wont be necessary @HawaiianVaporTraiz, dark and cool will be fine for the PG/VG.

5 Likes