Psychosis or ,,,?

O.k, alright…I really either I have isolated myself Crazy psychosis but not from the fun stuff.
Or oh jk btw .
Or I am legit for a while having half the entire world laughing right directly in my face. And its only took me a freaking year to think to just ask all of you. Cuz NO one is saying boo here to me.
And if I am wrong. …then I need to stop thinking this right 11 months ago and blame it on alot of years partying and then possibly check myself into a mental institution.
What am I missing here? Please I can NOT take one more day wondering. But I am even hearing the local news insinuating stuff toward me.
People are coughing at me around me beside me theyre scratching their heads like they got a tick.
And every show i seem to watch is making weird comments or worse jokes. And it seems like it always is in some way at me? And now im so in my head that even if this isnt what it freaking is.
I can’t trust my thinking no matter what. :confused:
Im even researching the meaning of the land of milk and honey.
Seriously tho I am losing my mind . :upside_down_face:

14 Likes

Ur right about that :sweat_smile::joy::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Nah…, I’m just fuckin around…:grin:
Ur alright @ladycrooks , everything is gonna be alright…, truth be told…, I feel somewhat the same way at times…, like someone’s always watching me or tlkin about me, or something like tht…, but I’ve been proven otherwise… So get ur head up girl it’ll all be alright! I think there’s some kind of diagnosis for feeling like this, but I’m not sure & I don’t really ever feel like tlkin 2 anyone a/b it…

9 Likes

@ladycrooks I really don’t know you at all but I know what you’re going through as I’ve been through it and came out a better person for it and now I am helping both my adult daughters and I know they will be ok as well.
You will be ok if you choose to be ok, a favorite quote of mine from Eleanore Roosevelt reads; “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent!”
Everyone has issues of some kind or another, some are better at hiding them than others, and some like to point out someone else’s faults and flaws to take away attention from their own. I’ve found that if I focus on my own issues and not worry about what others say, do, or think, I’m a much happier person. Live your life according to what you feel is best for you and you’ll start making progress. Plan to tackle one issue this week, work towards removing or fixing one small issue and that success will become addictive. Think of it as one less stress rock out of your stress bag :slightly_smiling_face: and remember it’s only failure if you give up!
I hope things get better for you! :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

You need to see someone at least to talk about it. This is not normal.

14 Likes

Not a bad idea…

How long have you been clean ? Are you clean

13 Likes

I’m sorry you’re experiencing this. I had a family member go through this a few years ago. It was frightening to watch as a person looking in from the outside, I can’t imagine what its like to experience it first hand.
I’ll tell you what I told them. Find a professional to talk to. Not just a psychiatrist. Here in the states, the mental health treatment is lacking. You’ll get more peace of mind with a combo of meds and talk therapy. At the very least the talk therapy. Make sure they are someone you feel comfortable disclosing whatever it is you have to say, or find someone else if the opportunity is available to you.
I wish you the best.

12 Likes

Hey Coreen, sorry to hear you are having issues. Really need to get yourself some help mate. The years of partying quite possibly could be causing this, especially since you have been on the gear off and on. Not sure what Canada is like, but here we have support networks for mental health that are free and easy to get help from. Please look after yourself mate, your wellbeing is important. xx

10 Likes

@ladycrooks I don’t know your particular situation, but I know that for many of us, 2023 has not been a great year. Things are still crazy, and not sure if it’s improving or not. Again, I don’t know your particulars, but you may well not be alone.

9 Likes

@ladycrooks Hi. We’ve all been through some shit in our lives- and talking to someone, or taking prescribed meds is only going to help you.

9 Likes

@ladycrooks I am very sorry to hear that you are struggling with your mental health, you are far from alone after all of the stress from the last three years which has took its toll on many.
I recall a thread or comments that you posted on here a while back now which I won’t go into detail about but I have to ask, is someone telling you negative things about yourself that could be making you feel this way? You are not under any obligation to answer my question and I ask with all due respect but it’s just a gut feeling that I have about this.

11 Likes

The mind is a crazy thing. Its very easy to let your mind take too much control and you start thinking strange things or trying to convince yourself there might be something wrong. Just take a deep breathe and step back a little and know it happens to the best of us. We all have moments where we let our minds get more control then we intend it to have. Your not going crazy its just a little blip. Find your zen place and you will be ok

10 Likes

I don’t have much to say here. Just wanted to say hey. :wink:

10 Likes

Hey to you

8 Likes

Been awhile since I’ve seen your handle on the pages.

3 Likes

This is one of the questions a psychiatrist asks: Is the TV talking to you? Or do you hear voices, like coming out of the walls?

I agree with @mr_cumulus …I would take something like that seriously enough to seek medical help. People break into psychosis sometimes for various reasons. Please take care of yourself, ladycrooks.

12 Likes

Take care of yourself.

8 Likes

Yeah, I am still around…just a bit quiet.

But if there is ever a time to say “hhheeeyyy” to @ladycrooks maybe today is the day.

Happy to provide support where needed.

11 Likes

The past 3 years have been a wild ride for most of us. If you feel your mental health needs attention, it might be a good idea to see someone. It’s not fun to be stuck in your head like that. I’m so sorry you’re feeling down. Please take care of yourself :heart:

10 Likes

Hi @ladycrooks, if you are aware that you are thinking these things, then you probably are not psychotic.
You are aware that you are having these thoughts & that is good, it means you have some insight.
However, if they are causing you distress then now is the time to see someone & discuss these issues.

I myself am having a mental health intake appointment tomorrow, due to a C-PTSD flare-up
You are not alone :hugs:

13 Likes

You’ve been given some darned good advice here. I agree with @Sevencasper , you are aware of your thoughts and have the insight to realize some of them might be skewed a bit. Find a place and someone you trust to talk honestly about how you are feeling. Could be a professional (recommended) or just someone you know who you trust. And know, you are not alone. Some of us have had some pretty strange thoughts and behaviors (and a few diagnoses). I have a handful of close friends who have my permission to talk to me if they see me getting too far off the beam. It has only happened a few times in the past 15 years, but I’ve made the commitment to listen to them because I trust them completely. Those friends and some (only some) professionals have been very helpful.
Remember to take good care of yourself…and sometimes that means reaching out for help…which you are doing. Give yourself a lot of credit for being aware that things may not be quite “right” at present.

10 Likes