Purilum Tasting Notes

They smell so good they’re in danger of being drank straight. Although I have a feeling they might not taste quite right.

5 Likes

im really interested in the nilla wafer cream flave ( not sure if the exact name ) has anyone tried it

5 Likes

It’s supposed to be a Vanilla Wafer cookies & milk. I tried a couple different %, final @ 6%. I get a very faint vanilla cookie… but, a nice light slightly sweet fresh cream. Not a SF, but a nice addition where a Cream is needed.

6 Likes

Same here, vanilla, dairy and very light cookie notes. Basically a decent sweetened vanilla cream with light cookie notes.

I can send it to you, i used it in several single flavor tests and wont use it again.

9 Likes

I just received my Purilum Strawberry Sweet like 19 minutes ago never used it before, is Purilum VG or PG based?

5 Likes

PG. :+1: 10char

6 Likes

thanks ! Have you used the Purilum Strawberry Sweet? Wondering if it’s any good.

5 Likes

Nope, sorry I haven’t tried that one!

4 Likes

That is one of our best selling flavors! Definitely a great Strawberry for almost any occasion. PG based and absolutely delicious! Let me know if you have questions

8 Likes

Percentage Used: 7%

Equipment Used: Troll RDA with a wickless single SS .8 ohm Clapton wrapped parallel with 26g SS at 19W.

PG/VG: 30/70

Steep Time: 21 Days

Aroma: Medium strength strawberry candy, fresh, slightly green, with a hint of artificial strawberry.

Flavor Description: This is a very authentically flavored fresh strawberries with sugar. It doesn’t taste artificial or candy like. The strawberry is in the front of the inhale, with a strong sugar and faint strawberry exhale. It reminds me of fresh cut strawberries sweetened with sugar that you would use in strawberry shortcake. It’s delicious, but I still think I would mix this with another strawberry for more depth as I haven’t tasted one yet that doesn’t improve with layering. I’m also going to try this at a higher and a lower percentage to see what happens, I’m a curious sort. But with how dominant the sugar is at just 7%, I’m afraid it’s going to make that aspect worse.

Off Flavors: None

Throat Hit: 1/10

Pairings: Most any fruit, especially other berries, kiwi, banana, melons. Cookies, cakes, cereal, creams, custards, nuts, shortcakes, biscuits, pastries, cobblers, donuts, gummy or jelly candy.

Notes: I’m thinking SF 8-12% and blends 4-7%. PUR is similar to CAP Sweet Strawberry as the sugar is stronger and more dominant while the strawberry is more of a back note. However CAP is more artificial candy like flavor vs PUR which is more overly sweetened fresh strawberry. I would have to find a less sweet fresh strawberry flavor to mix with it to balance it in a recipe, I wouldn’t like it as the only strawberry component.

7 Likes

Is this a review of Purilum sweet strawberry or Purilium Ripe strawberry…

6 Likes

That was the sweet.

EDIT: This is the Ripe:

Percentage Used: 7%

Equipment Used: Troll RDA with a wickless single SS .8 ohm Clapton wrapped parallel with 26g SS at 19W.

PG/VG: 30/70

Steep Time: 7 Weeks

Aroma: Strong, strawberry, slightly artificial, faint chemical.

Flavor Description: A very authentic fully ripened strawberry with a natural sweetness, it is missing body. However, it is a very realistic fresh strawberry. No hints of artificial notes or candied strawberries.

Off Flavors: None

Throat Hit: 2/10

Pairings: Most any fruit except citrus.Especially bananas, kiwis, peaches, melons. Cookies, cakes, cereal, creams, custards, shortcake, biscuits. Shakes, milk, whipped cream.

Notes: Moderate strength at this percentage, I think this would be good layered with other strawberries in blends at 4-7%. Not complex enough for a SF for my tastes.

8 Likes

Has anyone had any experience with Mango? (Not Golden Eye, just mango)

I keep adding and removing it from my shopping cart.

4 Likes

Meh. There are better mango flavors out there. FA Costarica Special is probably my favorite. HIC’s notes on it are pretty much spot on IMO.

6 Likes

It always comes off astringent to me, I just cannot get it to work. Is costarica special, their only mango? Looking at my bottle, it just says mango. Are they different?

4 Likes

I believe they do have a regular mango, maybe a few others too.

6 Likes

Bleh! Maybe that is why I haven’t had much luck with their mango, it’s not the Costarica Special!

4 Likes

Costarica Special is the same as FlavourArt’s normal Mango :slight_smile:

Just can’t put Costarica Special because then people will be confused on what it is! FlavourArt and their names :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Good to know

7 Likes

i was going to try the unicorn milk recipe. it doesn’t really sound like my flavor of choice by the description but it’s so popular i figured it’s worth a try and if i don’t like it I’m sure i can find someone to give it to that likes that sort of thing.
my question is: when i ordered the flavors, nicotine river didn’t seem to have Capella new York cheesecake so i got the Purilum New York Cheesecake. this is going to my first time using any purilum flavor and i was wondering if i should use the same percentage and if it’s going to throw it way off? i definitely was not going to place a second order for one flavor from a different company though, especially when the recipe only calls for 0.5%. any advice?

7 Likes